Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Default Hellions: Has it ever been explained why Havoc...?

Has it ever been explained why Havoc went crazy in Hellions #1 and tried to kill a human? Isn't sticking him on the reject squad a strange solution? He's obviously unwell. Wouldn't it be more in character for Professor Xavier to try to help Havoc?

Extraordinary Member

What happened with Havok has never been a plot point but I think putting them all on a team was supposed to be part of helping them adjust and find some sort of worth or normalcy to cope with their new lifestyle.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

It was explained as a resurgence of his "inverted" persona from the Axis event. Emma thought she took care of it back in X-Men Blue, but apparently she merely suppressed it and now it comes out in stressful or dangerous moments or can be brought out by a telepath or Empath. Emma was initially consulted about it, but decided that more psychic tampering of Alex's mind could do more harm than good, and it would be better for his mind to naturally sort itself out. Putting him on the Hellions squad was a compromise to being punished for harming humans, and the missions of the team were ostensibly meant to be therapeutic. In the latest issue of Hellions it was revealed that Empath was keeping tabs on Sinister for Emma, so she may have also put Havoc on the team for ulterior motives, we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    It was explained as a resurgence of his "inverted" persona from the Axis event. Emma thought she took care of it back in X-Men Blue, but apparently she merely suppressed it and now it comes out in stressful or dangerous moments or can be brought out by a telepath or Empath. Emma was initially consulted about it, but decided that more psychic tampering of Alex's mind could do more harm than good, and it would be better for his mind to naturally sort itself out. Putting him on the Hellions squad was a compromise to being punished for harming humans, and the missions of the team were ostensibly meant to be therapeutic. In the latest issue of Hellions it was revealed that Empath was keeping tabs on Sinister for Emma, so she may have also put Havoc on the team for ulterior motives, we'll see.
    Well, will see if she reprimands Empath for turning him into a nuke or just fakes it and congratulate him.

Still i wouldn't say Havok has been doing better given the hell he has gone through.

Ultimate Member

I think that it really just shows, sadly, how little Marvel really cares about Alex right now...

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Isn't it just a hold over from AXIS and the fact that he's "crayyyzeeeee"

I hate that part of his character, and I still can't believe Remender wrote that trash

Ultimate Member

I'm not sure that Remender created Alex's being inverted but he didn't really fix it either, just put a patch on it rather than fixing it as imho he should have...

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    I'm not sure that Remender created Alex's being inverted but he didn't really fix it either, just put a patch on it rather than fixing it as imho he should have...
    I never knew that I thought AXIS did that to him especially during Bendis' X-Men run

Ultimate Member

I'm not sure who created ALex being inverted I may have gotten Remender and Bunn confused there a bit, sorry, Bunn had Emma and Lorna put a patch on Alex being inverted...

Extraordinary Member

Thinking about it, Maybe Emma did it to put him on the team.I guess the question is why, maybe she needed a hold over Scott?

Ultimate Member

I don't think that Scott really cares that much about Alex right now or anytime in the recent past or near future...if anything Alex was merely a means to an end to her, a fox in the henhouse so to speak, with little to no care or concern for Alex in her mind at all...

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelman View Post
    Has it ever been explained why Havoc went crazy in Hellions #1 and tried to kill a human? Isn't sticking him on the reject squad a strange solution? He's obviously unwell. Wouldn't it be more in character for Professor Xavier to try to help Havoc?
    Maybe because after decades some people still type Havoc, instead of Havok?
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Maybe because after decades some people still type Havoc, instead of Havok?
    That or spell check is auto-correcting Havok?

Hunh, just thought of something.... have there been any alternate futures where Havok has kids? They did that one with Ruby Summers as the daughter of Scott and Emma, but, what would a similar progeny of Havok and Lorna be like?

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    Well, will see if she reprimands Empath for turning him into a nuke or just fakes it and congratulate him.

Still i wouldn't say Havok has been doing better given the hell he has gone through.
    Empath was secretly working for Emma this whole time. He was a sleeper assigned to find out and destroy (using Alex) whatever Sinister was doing.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Alex was inverted in AXIS so it was Remender who wrote it.