Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Loved it! This book seems relevant and consequential even though it's creating new plots outside of the main ones that Hickman has been tackling. We got a ton of great character moments, and the only character that I feel is lacking atm is Laura, but once we explore why she wanted to join the team I'm sure that'll change.
    Rogue too, but it's only issue 2. Last issue we complained that Sunfire was background and this issue gave him time to shine. Plus, Rogue is a fave of Duggan so she has her time coming. Polaris and EV are still MVPs though.

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    Rogue too, but it's only issue 2. Last issue we complained that Sunfire was background and this issue gave him time to shine. Plus, Rogue is a fave of Duggan so she has her time coming. Polaris and EV are still MVPs though.
    I didn't mention Rogue cause she had the cute scene at the beginning and the Uncanny Avengers throwback. Currently loving our MVPs.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Another really solid issue. Beautiful art, tons of action, and a really great dynamic from the team. Duggan is probably my favorite writer for Lorna since PAD, and I'm thrilled to see her continue to shine. Gerry does a great job by Jean too, and I loved her team-up with Polaris.

I do wish this book had more room to breathe though. It kinda feels like it's on a time crunch and that's unfortunate.

A pretty flawless comic.

Beautiful, interesting, inspiring.

Love the character interactions and the rogues gallery being introduced. Synch getting so much spotlight is extra wonderful.

-Pav, who wishes it came out more often...!!!
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Obviously I loved all the moments of Lorna and Jean teaming up. It's been so long going without, and it's great to see it in action. The creative combination of powers for all the characters was good, but the parts for these two were especially awesome. I think it sets a good foundation for Lorna and Jean having more mutually beneficial interactions in the future.

Jean, specifically, I think this issue did a good job of showing telepathy can be powerful all on its own. That it's more than just reading and sending thoughts.

For Lorna, the connection to MRIs in comboing her powers with Jean was great in showing her powers also can do more than just throw cars around. It's more modern and shows thought being put into what can be done today, not just what has been done in the past.

I was glad to see Synch's time in the Vault acknowledged. I think little bits like that go a long way toward respecting character history while showing the character learning from others, and they mean a lot to fans.

I also liked the Sunfire page describing his background. Content like that is important for people (me) that don't know a character very well and need some perspective to understand them on the book and team. Though, I do have to put on a tiny criticism hat that having him lay it all out to a group of random humans seemed awkward and took me out of the story a little. I think the worth of it here outweighs the awkwardness, but it was still awkward to me.

In short, I thought it was a good issue all around, and among the best writing for Lorna in a long time. There might be other things I pick up on later - e.g. I didn't realize until later in July that the headshot of Lorna for the robot in last issue used the black bubbles from her X-Men #50 cover.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Oh no! If it seems like it's going to be a long delay maybe pick it up on comiXology to tide you over.
    The shop will hold a copy when the shipment comes in. But, I'm skimming the comments and it seems everyone is enjoying the second issue. So hard not to read the reviews!
    Mutant and Proud!

Y'know, little details like the fact that EMMA gave EVERETT a supportive pep talk of sorts about how he can learn from Jean & the others, and then to have Jean counter that they can ALL learn from each other (given his time in the Vault etc) is just so incredibly smart and well done. Bless Duggan.

This was a really great issue, I'm so glad this team exists. As much as I've liked Dawn of X, I've missed the "superhero" X-men. Still will reiterate from the preview thread, I wish we could just get Gambit on this team as well. Hopefully he makes frequent cameos though.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Loved it! This book seems relevant and consequential even though it's creating new plots outside of the main ones that Hickman has been tackling. We got a ton of great character moments, and the only character that I feel is lacking atm is Laura, but once we explore why she wanted to join the team I'm sure that'll change.
    Same here! While I mainly read it for Laura and feel like she lacks action, the comics is so good, and the other chracters have amazing moments, I still enjoy it and I'm willing to wait with hope that her time will also come. Maybe cover for a next one isn't misleading and Rogue and Wolverine will be stars of the issue!
    From this issue I loved the moment with Synch and Jean, and him stating that he wont do anything Laura doesn't ask for is love. While I'm all for gay relationship for her, Synch is the best man she could be with.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Y'know, little details like the fact that EMMA gave EVERETT a supportive pep talk of sorts about how he can learn from Jean & the others, and then to have Jean counter that they can ALL learn from each other (given his time in the Vault etc) is just so incredibly smart and well done. Bless Duggan.
    That was a great nugget indeed, the detail of Emma and Everett having that conversation. You can feel how much the characters care about each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    Same here! While I mainly read it for Laura and feel like she lacks action, the comics is so good, and the other chracters have amazing moments, I still enjoy it and I'm willing to wait with hope that her time will also come. Maybe cover for a next one isn't misleading and Rogue and Wolverine will be stars of the issue!
    From this issue I loved the moment with Synch and Jean, and him stating that he wont do anything Laura doesn't ask for is love. While I'm all for gay relationship for her, Synch is the best man she could be with.
    I'm very much looking forward to some real Laura panel time soon too. I have high hopes for what Duggan will do with her.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Extraordinary Member

Duggan doing good.This is in the same tier as HiX-man(a little lower because Hickman's plot is the biggest thing we may have seen ever in the X-verse but still).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I'm very much looking forward to some real Laura panel time soon too. I have high hopes for what Duggan will do with her.
    Considering what we saw of her in #1 I don't.

Shattered.

Vinyl.

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post

I also liked the Sunfire page describing his background. Content like that is important for people (me) that don't know a character very well and need some perspective to understand them on the book and team. Though, I do have to put on a tiny criticism hat that having him lay it all out to a group of random humans seemed awkward and took me out of the story a little. I think the worth of it here outweighs the awkwardness, but it was still awkward to me.
    This is my only complaint. It didn't make sense (to me) for Sunfire to just want to unload all of that on a random passerby, but I understand why it was done. Other than that this book is such a treat! The character dynamics, the acknowledgement of canon, the power combinations, the art! So good.

I've never cared that much for Polaris but she's getting a much better showing here than any other time I've read her. She actually feels like a distinct character with her own personality.

Id like this book so much more if they would let Jean retire that suit.