Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Considering what we saw of her in #1 I don't.
    My hope is that when he turns his attention to her she'll shine like the others have. Fingers crossed.

Regarding Shiro's oddly timed story, I kinda would love if it was an ongoing gag where he just blurts out his feelings and thoughts to randos. He's been stoic and guarded for so long that I think it's cute that he wants to share more.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Id like this book so much more if they would let Jean retire that suit.
    Make peace with it Journey. It'll happen when it happens.

BANNED

Ohk lovely article but Polaris didn't amp jeans powers she conjoined her powers with jeans to create an MRI

Fantastic Member

Really liked this issue. Just as much as I enjoyed the first one.

I like seeing the X-Men extend their hands outward and being rewarded for it. Building small and individual bridges.

The franchise was at it's best (IMO) when they were "Protecting a world that fears and hates them." The entire world, not just their corner of it.

Also surprised at how much I am enjoying ALL of the characters.

The only one that may have been shortchanged (though not for long I suspect) is Laura.

Loved Jean taking Sunfire by the arm and walking with him, to the Barbecue.

And the end with Dr. Stasis was dark and chilling.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Id like this book so much more if they would let Jean retire that suit.
    Bring back her 90s suit. After all, if Rogue can rock hers… just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Bring back her 90s suit. After all, if Rogue can rock hers… just saying.
    Please, no. Both deserve better and have worn much better costumes pre- and post- Jim Lee.

Schiti drew a pretty rad version of that costume in SWORD recently. Looked better than what she’s wearing now and better than her X-men Red outfit IMO.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PowerPlay25 View Post
    Really liked this issue. Just as much as I enjoyed the first one.

I like seeing the X-Men extend their hands outward and being rewarded for it. Building small and individual bridges.

The franchise was at it's best (IMO) when they were "Protecting a world that fears and hates them." The entire world, not just their corner of it.

Also surprised at how much I am enjoying ALL of the characters.

The only one that may have been shortchanged (though not for long I suspect) is Laura.

Loved Jean taking Sunfire by the arm and walking with him, to the Barbecue.

And the end with Dr. Stasis was dark and chilling.
    These are the little things I miss from Jean and the X-men as a whole, been some time since she's felt this warm and engaged in other characters not named Scott or Logan!

Edit-- I stand by the above points greatly highlighted in this issue a very refreshing read. Enjoy the team dynamics, character interactions, and familiarity.
    Last edited by Celestialbodies; 08-04-2021 at 05:51 PM.

Another great issue in my book with Larraz making every page look phenomenal. I was definitely glad to see Shiro get some shine this issue as well as some insight as far as his mindset currently. Of course I absolutely loved seeing Synch's time and experience gained in the Vault being acknowledged as well as it being put out there that he isn't going to force anything onto Laura in regards to a relationship.

When this book was first announced I was only giving it a arc to see how some of my faves were handled. After these first 2 issues though I can say that I am officially on board and in it for the long haul.

Man, I love... LOVEEEEE Lorna's whole outfit and vibe, like I can't get enough of it.

Which takes me to point B, I don't know why Marvel is so in love with Jean's Marvel Girl costume, Krakoans running around looking fabulous like Polaris and Emma and poor Jean is stuck re-using her old costumes for some reason...
    "I wish I could live life five times over!
    Then I’d be born in five different places,
    and I’d stuff myself with different food from around the world.
    I’d live five different lives with five different occupations...
    and then, for those five times...
    I’d fall in love with the same person...
    "

- Orihime Inoue

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

This is a definite improvement from last issue. Liked Jean and Polaris as a team and the Synch and Sunfire focus.

This issue was amazing. Seeing humans and mutants work together to takeout enemy forces together is very heart warming and what IÂ’m looking forward to seeing more of in DuggarÂ’s run. What I really like is that it was just small town folk giving the X-Men there flowers(barbecue in this case) and being open and inviting. Also like others have said love that Scott and Jean acknowledge Synch and his capabilities in his skills as a tactician and leader. ShiroÂ’s reason for joining would definitely have gotten my vote.
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

A new team should have new outfits.

I have always loved the fact that Jean has never been defined by her clothing, or lack thereof. She’s much too dignified a character to get mired in such lowbrow frivolity. That being said, it’ll be interesting to see which writer is assigned to expound her reasons for donning the ol’ miniskirt. After all, it’s a dress that was last used symbolically in one of the most iconic issues in comic book history. As Hickman has suggested, there is deep meaning behind Jean choosing to wear this costume, especially during such a paradigm-shifting time in the X-Men mythos. I suspect we will learn more as this series moves along.

Nevertheless, I, too, am curious to see what her next costume will be. (You just know it’s coming.) The X-Men are nothing if not constantly changing their garb.

I’ve been preoccupied with completing a couple of assignments, so I haven’t had a chance to reread this issue and post a more thorough review. Later tonight, I plan on luxuriating on my couch, as I listen to Recomposed by Max Richter: Vivaldi, The Four Seasons and pore over this spectacular issue again. I will share my thoughts after.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantasy Free Me View Post
    Man, I love... LOVEEEEE Lorna's whole outfit and vibe, like I can't get enough of it.
    Every moment she's on-panel is pure joy to me.

I know there's the over-arching plots with Cordyceps and Orchis, but I forgot how much I enjoyed these one-and-done, monster-of-the-month issues. What fun.