Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    I have to say, I’m not sure how long I’m going to put up with the cosmic direction this book seems to be going in- but sunfire seems to have gone full circle. From the arrogant, prideful son of Japan when he first joined the X-men to where he is now. Seems that I’ve missed a lot of personal growth for shiro.
    I don't know how much is growth vs. writers just declaring in to be so. Wasn't he still an arrogant, prideful asshole in his last appearance before this?

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    I don't know how much is growth vs. writers just declaring in to be so. Wasn't he still an arrogant, prideful asshole in his last appearance before this?
    I don’t know if he appeared after Remender on Uncanny Avengers but he was kind of humbled at the end of Remender’s run. Not quite like this but it was definitely heading that direction.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    I don’t know if he appeared after Remender on Uncanny Avengers but he was kind of humbled at the end of Remender’s run. Not quite like this but it was definitely heading that direction.
    To be honest, I don't remember too much about sunfire's history. I read uncanny avengers,but don't remember much about it. But since he and rogue both served on the unity squad, I wonder if they became close,
    Last edited by protege; 08-17-2021 at 08:36 PM.

The wait for issue 3 is killing me. This thread started on Aug. 4th. It's Sept. 6th already. Hurry up, Marvel!!
    Mutant and Proud!

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    To be honest, I don't remember too much about sunfire's history. I read uncanny avengers,but don't remember much about it. But since he and rogue both served on the unity squad, I wonder if they became close,
    They got closer in Rogue's solo and were defined as good friends in Uncanny Avengers

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    I had heard he was more laid-back in his Big Hero Six run, but I didn't read those, so I have no idea if that's the case.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneTitan View Post
    The wait for issue 3 is killing me. This thread started on Aug. 4th. It's Sept. 6th already. Hurry up, Marvel!!
    Me too! It's being released close to the end of Sept. Isn't that, like, two months since the last issue was released on Aug. 4 or 6 (I believe)?
    Last edited by Mercury; 09-06-2021 at 05:54 AM. Reason: Grammar

Give Pepe all the time he wants, I say. I don't want this gorgeous book getting rushed or -- Krakoa forbid -- a fill in artist.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Give Pepe all the time he wants, I say. I don't want this gorgeous book getting rushed or -- Krakoa forbid -- a fill in artist.
    I think we're getting one for the 4th issue anyway *sob*.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I think we're getting one for the 4th issue anyway *sob*.
    4th and 5th sadly.

Pepe is too good to be able to keep a monthly schedule. So good fill-ins artists will do the job so we can have the amazing work of Larraz in a regular comic. Issues 4 and 5 have the good Javier Pina, so it's fine.

I hope this book continues to sell very well, so Marvel considers keeping Larraz here as long as possible. He is "event material" in Marvel's model, considering his unbelievable talent.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Yupp.
    Once the fill-in artist is high quality and not too frequent...I'm good. I would rather have a fill-in once in a while/every other arc than have the main artist "burn out" too fast, too soo.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 09-06-2021 at 09:20 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Pepe has us spoiled. I hope he's on the book for the long haul. Issue 3 can't come fast enough.
    Mutant and Proud!

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    In Uncanny Avengers he was a recovering drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneTitan View Post
    Pepe has us spoiled. I hope he's on the book for the long haul. Issue 3 can't come fast enough.
    Definitely bro. Nothing against any of the upcoming fill-in artists but I'd be lying if I didn't say that Larraz plays a huge role in my enjoyment of this series.