Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I preferred the Duggan UA run to the Remender one. The issue where Cable beats Steve Rogers’ ass until Rogue steps in and stops him was a personal fave.
    I hated Remender's run
    But I think with an author who cares about Rogue, picking up this plot from the second volume can lead to some interesting stuff

I preferred the Duggan UA run to the Remender one. The issue where Cable beats Steve Rogers’ ass until Rogue steps in and stops him was a personal fave.
    >_> That run was so good. And that scene was soo so good.

Quote Originally Posted by rhaenylis View Post
    I hated Remender's run
    But I think with an author who cares about Rogue, picking up this plot from the second volume can lead to some interesting stuff
    Remender had bad things but also good things, Duggan also not everything was wonderful with him.

I loved Remender's UA up until the AXIS stuff with the retcon. I had to drop it there and didn't really like the cartoony art or that random throwaway Inhuman being added to the team when Duggan took over.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    I really wish we'd gotten this series when the relaunch started. It would have made everything more....pleasant? I think? Because having it now makes me doubt their motives and get all cynical about everything. Its like, "Everyone loves us now! (because they don't know about Terra Verde/the murders/the war crimes at the Gala/Brands' ****)". That's really just me though and not a knock on the series.

It was pretty standard superhero fare, which makes it stand out in the current line-up. It runs into the usual problems for team books, where not everyone feels important or really has much to do. That being said, its a very well done team book so far, and it being only issue 2 means there's plenty of time to balance out the cast. If it gets to issue 20 and Rogue still feels superfluous or Sunfire does nothing else, THEN it will be a real problem.
    I kind of see your point that one can feel the shoe is about to drop, but my spin on this is with all that to juggle for example Scott and Jean interface with the QC and Jean knows the dark secrets of X-Force.This to me makes them both complex characters and makes them a sort of bulwark against the excesses of Xavier's machinations, QC's power plays and Hank's god complex.Thank God Storm is nowhere near this bunch either.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    I kind of see your point that one can feel the shoe is about to drop, but my spin on this is with all that to juggle for example Scott and Jean interface with the QC and Jean knows the dark secrets of X-Force.This to me makes them both complex characters and makes them a sort of bulwark against the excesses of Xavier's machinations, QC's power plays and Hank's god complex.Thank God Storm is nowhere near this bunch either.
    Between the Trial, Inferno, and the Onslaught Revelation I think we're going to see some major changes in how things are run on Krakoa and the start of some distinct factions.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    When it comes to the end of the year awards, I have to say that the cover to this one gets my vote

Yes, indeedy!!!
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quiet King 2 Regent Ororo RealEyesRealizeRealLies77's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    With Jean having seen Gameworld and Cordy in her mind now, that beautiful ship from issue #3 is making me think they're about to take the fight straight to his crusty ass. Ending the "alien invasion of the month" situation and maybe taking some of the gambling loot with them.
    Yes I agree with all of this.Any ideas where they got that ship if it is indeed the X-MEN's?Looks a tad gigantic to be housed in the treehouse but it appears to have the Krakoan technology.Definitely looking to see more of Cordy's motivations for wanting to eradicate earth's population & praying it's not the cliche villain of the week plot.Would also like to see more of Cyclops cutting loose with his powers a bit.I think the last time Scott cut loose was when he sliced that behemoth Brood in half in Astonishing X-Men I believe.Even more strategic use of his powers like multiple short bursts incapacitating multiple enemies or him calculating ricochet shots.
    The Pessimist looks down and hits his head
    The Optimist looks up and loses his footing
    The Realist looks forward and adjusts his path accordingly

Pull List : X-MEN , IMMORTAL X-MEN , NEW MUTANTS , X-MEN RED , WOLVERINE, THOR ,ETERNALS , BLACK PANTHER , EXCELLENCE , KILLADELPHIA , NOCTERRA ,THE NICE HOUSE ON THE LAKE , LITTLE MONSTERS , BONEYARD ORCHARD , NIGHTMARE BLOG , SEVEN SONS

Quiet King 2 Regent Ororo RealEyesRealizeRealLies77's Avatar

Oh I definitely remember that one.One the few occasions Marvel allows Steve to get his ass whooped on...especially by a mutant!!
    The Pessimist looks down and hits his head
    The Optimist looks up and loses his footing
    The Realist looks forward and adjusts his path accordingly

Pull List : X-MEN , IMMORTAL X-MEN , NEW MUTANTS , X-MEN RED , WOLVERINE, THOR ,ETERNALS , BLACK PANTHER , EXCELLENCE , KILLADELPHIA , NOCTERRA ,THE NICE HOUSE ON THE LAKE , LITTLE MONSTERS , BONEYARD ORCHARD , NIGHTMARE BLOG , SEVEN SONS

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Between the Trial, Inferno, and the Onslaught Revelation I think we're going to see some major changes in how things are run on Krakoa and the start of some distinct factions.
    Oh absolutely, and now with Sinister in Hellions14 doing his own thing, **** will really hit the fan. Schism is definitely on the cards X-Men loyalties being tested amid all this,would definitely be fun reading.

Quote Originally Posted by RealEyesRealizeRealLies77 View Post
    Yes I agree with all of this.Any ideas where they got that ship if it is indeed the X-MEN's?Looks a tad gigantic to be housed in the treehouse but it appears to have the Krakoan technology.Definitely looking to see more of Cordy's motivations for wanting to eradicate earth's population & praying it's not the cliche villain of the week plot.Would also like to see more of Cyclops cutting loose with his powers a bit.I think the last time Scott cut loose was when he sliced that behemoth Brood in half in Astonishing X-Men I believe.Even more strategic use of his powers like multiple short bursts incapacitating multiple enemies or him calculating ricochet shots.
    If the ship is indeed Krakoan then I had the thought that maybe Jean called Storm and that ship is coming from Planet Arakko.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Astonishing Member

Does anyone get Dark beast vibes from the furball rolling with Dr.Stasis? Hope they introduce Ghost boxes in this universe, to reveal parallel universe versions of characters(or at least from the other lives of Moira)coming through.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    I don't think that's what they meant, I think they meant that it was pleasantly surprising to see a traditionally minor character on a flagship team.
    Sorry for the confusion but I definitely meant Wolverine12's statement.

I don’t know if Duggan really understands what the Annihilation Wave was, based on this issue.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    I don’t know if Duggan really understands what the Annihilation Wave was, based on this issue.
    Agreed, the bugs the team faced in Kansas was but the most minute fraction of the wave Nova faced in the Annihilation War. This was almost like a typical Brood invasion and they already dealt with that earlier on Krakoa.