Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Iceman would’ve been amazing on the new team. No comment on the rest.
    The team is already pretty 'over powered' another Omega is a bit too much.Besides with power copiers like Rogue and Synch you don't necessarily need Iceman, they simply say Rogue borrowed Iceman's power when they crossed paths some morning and that's that.I believe that is why Rogue and Synch are there to always surprise us.I hope this team stays as is for a long time.

this is my first time experiencing sunfire as a character. Im very impressive. Plus Synch and Rogue are on the team so they can replicate his abilities to some extent thats pretty crazy
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Finally got around to reading this and it was just alright. Larraz and Gracia's art continues to be the strongest and most appealing aspect of the book. The characterization is superficial and the monster of the week plotline bores me. The Dr. Stasis and Orchis plot could be interesting, but I don't much care for evil scientist characters, and I don't have much faith in Duggan's writing to deliver a compelling narrative.

I don't like that Synch is pining after Laura, he deserves better. And outside of the very specific conditions of the Vault, I don't think they would have any connection or attraction.

The Sunfire monologue was weird and ineffectual. There was no reason for him to share all of this with a random armed militia from Kansas, the dialogue right before didn't really provide an opening for unloading all this background information, sloppy writing. Also, what Shiro said doesn't really help in any way to elucidate why he volunteered to be an X-Man or why anybody would vote for him. It was basically like, "I've tried all this before under slightly different circumstance and found it unfulfilling, so I'm going to try it again", because ... some platitude about service? It did nothing to develop his character.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    The Sunfire monologue was weird and ineffectual. There was no reason for him to share all of this with a random armed militia from Kansas, the dialogue right before didn't really provide an opening for unloading all this background information, sloppy writing. Also, what Shiro said doesn't really help in any way to elucidate why he volunteered to be an X-Man or why anybody would vote for him. It was basically like, "I've tried all this before under slightly different circumstance and found it unfulfilling, so I'm going to try it again", because ... some platitude about service? It did nothing to develop his character.
    I think Duggan intended Sunfire's monologue to come off as awkward, out of left field, and less than nuanced. However, he could have accomplished the same with less dialogue. What confuses me is why part of his dialogue is displayed in thought/telepathic bubbles. Was he speaking/thinking directly to Jean or to himself?

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

What confuses me is why part of his dialogue is displayed in thought/telepathic bubbles. Was he speaking/thinking directly to Jean or to himself?
    The bit in a telepathic bubble was a flashback to his Hellfire Gala pitch to join the X-Men, the art didn't quite match up.

Astonishing Member

I think Duggan intended Sunfire's monologue to come off as awkward, out of left field, and less than nuanced. However, he could have accomplished the same with less dialogue. What confuses me is why part of his dialogue is displayed in thought/telepathic bubbles. Was he speaking/thinking directly to Jean or to himself?
    What I found strange is 'Then suddenly Krakoa arrived, and as good as it has been for us.I had already found fighting for country to be unfulfilling.So I asked to be chosen for the Xmen'
    This guy is naive, which given his word choice is quite funny at this stage in the game, does he think the X-Men are a country club? (pun intended)

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    What I found strange is 'Then suddenly Krakoa arrived, and as good as it has been for us.I had already found fighting for country to be unfulfilling.So I asked to be chosen for the Xmen'
    This guy is naive, which given his word choice is quite funny at this stage in the game, does he think the X-Men are a country club? (pun intended)
    I'm also not aware that Sunfire's ever been unfulfilled representing Japan, in war or peace. That needs to be fleshed out, imo.

The team is already pretty 'over powered' another Omega is a bit too much.Besides with power copiers like Rogue and Synch you don't necessarily need Iceman, they simply say Rogue borrowed Iceman's power when they crossed paths some morning and that's that.I believe that is why Rogue and Synch are there to always surprise us.I hope this team stays as is for a long time.
    The point is that Bobby is not that powerful, whoever is Omega says nothing and there are hundreds of comcis about it, Bobby is constantly defeated and surpassed, the Omega label is very overrated.

Ami if I would like him to be in the new team, Bobby is not relevant since Mike Carey stopped writing, also this new book is also written by Duggan and Bobby is not important in Marauders.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    The bit in a telepathic bubble was a flashback to his Hellfire Gala pitch to join the X-Men, the art didn't quite match up.
    I agree, the art doesn't quite match up. In either case, I think this scene would have worked better had Sunfire given his speech to Jean alone or with the team after she and they had accepted the offer for dinner.

lol. Since you and Dante pointed this out, I've been trying to wrap my head around how he differentiates between fighting for his country, the X-Men his first time, the Avengers, Krakoa, and now the X-Men again. I'm almost certain the differences are obvious but I'm not catching them now.

Quote Originally Posted by hairys View Post
    I'm also not aware that Sunfire's ever been unfulfilled representing Japan, in war or peace. That needs to be fleshed out, imo.
    This is a good point.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sylarmax View Post
    The point is that Bobby is not that powerful, whoever is Omega says nothing and there are hundreds of comcis about it, Bobby is constantly defeated and surpassed, the Omega label is very overrated.

Ami if I would like him to be in the new team, Bobby is not relevant since Mike Carey stopped writing, also this new book is also written by Duggan and Bobby is not important in Marauders.
    This is factually false.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    This is factually false.

In what exactly ????? I have a complete collection of comics and enemies where Bobby has been useless or overcome him without much difficulty.

If you say it for Marauders, Marauders is an Emma and Kitty solo, and I have no problem with it since I like them both.

You are too much, Sylar. 🤣

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sylarmax View Post
    In what exactly ????? I have a complete collection of comics and enemies where Bobby has been useless or overcome him without much difficulty.

If you say it for Marauders, Marauders is an Emma and Kitty solo, and I have no problem with it since I like them both.
    In the fact that Bobby by definition of being a Omega is one of the most powerful mutants living. I mean the man almost caused another Ice Age.

Before this turns into several pages of badly written essays, Iceman isn't even in this book so take it elsewhere.
    Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating

CBR community Standards and Rules

So what if Rogue holds hands with Everett? Does that mean they can negate Rogues draining ability? Or are they both draining eachothers powers at the same time?