Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

I'm really glad Larraz is on this title. His art elevates the story to another level. These days, in demand artists are constantly moved around to different titles. I hope he sticks around for more than just 1 or 2 story arcs.

Solid issue again. Sunfire stole the show by basically one manning the Annhilation Wave. I also really enjoyed the Jean/Synch and Jean/Lorna moments. Laura rocked the cool one liners as good as her dad as well. Great stuff.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

It was very good but I hope we can get more time for character moments, loved that moment between Jean and Synch and Lorna and Rogue talking about the Avengers.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Meh another mediocre issue. I’m dropping this. Someone wake me up when inferno starts

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    Well, i liked them being heroes, the creative use of powers, Rogue sharing something about the time she was an Avenger but some things are still not jelling for me.

Did not much care for the jab Lorna gave to what Steve does to keep them sharp, and that's mostly because of the current state the book is in right now...the recent **** going on with She-Hulk just makes me wish it would end already.

Laura didn't get much time to shine and i just don't like that she is acting like Logan instead of how she is when not using the Wolverine name, for me at least, her being Wolverine is more of a detriment.

Not feeling the whole Synch pining for Laura deal, they just didn't make me care for it when it first came up during the Vault mission and it feels even more off to me now where he has all this knowledge about her and is waiting for her to make this move so he can reveal all of this to her and then what exactly? What would be the pay off here?

One other thing confused me...is Rhino good now? I mean why would they invite him to a poker game?
    "They" didn't invite Rhino Gambit did because well Gambit is a thief and former criminal.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    It was very good but I hope we can get more time for character moments, loved that moment between Jean and Synch and Lorna and Rogue talking about the Avengers.
    Lorna was channeling her inner (JGP) Jewish Genoshan Princess.

She definitely is on this run, I also liked the detail of her holding her cup of coffe before going to fight, can´t wait to read the issue where she explains why she wanted to be part of the X-men

I was going to ask why she seems to have this oppinion on the Avengers but then I remembered Havok asked Pietro to spy on her while he was leader of the unity avengers squad and her leader of X-factor, good use of continuity here by Duggan.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    She definitely is on this run, I also liked the detail of her holding her cup of coffe before going to fight, can´t wait to read the issue where she explains why she wanted to be part of the X-men

I was going to ask why she seems to have this oppinion on the Avengers but then I remembered Havok asked Pietro to spy on her while he was leader of the unity avengers squad and her leader of X-factor, good use of continuity here by Duggan.
    I doubt she holds it against the Avengers in general that Havok had Pietro spy on her years ago. Havok did that for personal reasons as did Pietro not exactly related to their capacity as Avengers.

I will say I do think it makes sense that many of the more mutant nationalist persuasion are likely to not exactly trust the Avengers given its historic links to human governments.
    Last edited by jmc247; 08-05-2021 at 02:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    I doubt she holds it against the Avengers in general that Havok had Pietro spy on her years ago. Havok did that for personal reasons as did Pietro not exactly related to their capacity as Avengers.

I will say I do think it makes sense that many of the more mutant nationalist persuasion are likely to not exactly trust the Avengers given its historic links to human governments.
    Yes I think you are right.

Astonishing Member

Polaris and Jean were definitely a highlight for me. And Ev is just sooooo damn good. I really like the focus he's getting.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    Laura rocked the cool one liners as good as her dad as well.
    How do you not see this as a problem?

Incredible Member

enjoying the book but i find it odd how two issues in we have two separate jokes bout dead avengers.

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    Lorna was channeling her inner (JGP) Jewish Genoshan Princess.

Hilarious. I suppose writers have found some formula to entertain their readers.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

After many readings:

10/10 and 100 stars...I actually enjoyed this second issue more than the first.

I saw a YT vid where the guy was saying that this book seems like a regression in comparison to the other titles dealing with Krakoa and Planet Arakki etc. that have greater, far reaching consequences. Enh! I think "throwback" is a better descriptive...and I actually LOVE that it feels and reads like a classic UXM book. So far, the Krakoa Era has been awesome and the mutants have been doling out their own brand of heroics specific to their new situations but with this issue I realised I've truly missed my mutants just being "regular" heroes.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 08-05-2021 at 05:54 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    How do you not see this as a problem?
    I can make a case for it being a good thing, as she moves forward from her traumatic origins towards a more optimistic future. And thus is stepping into the role of being “the Wolverine” in the sense of embracing being a superhero. Thus she’s having some fun for a change.

Doubt you’ll see it the same way but, like I said, I can make a case for that. *shrugs*