Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    I'm seeing some rumors that the series is ending soon. Not 'cancelled' kind of ending, but just reaching a natural conclusion.
    Well as always rumors are to be taken with a grain of salt, though the way the story has progressed so far it would make sense to conclude it.

If it does, i wonder if Welles will stay around with another X-series or if he leaves for good to focus on other parts of the Marvel comics or another publisher?

I never have much to say about this book because i just love it. I loved every page, this was my book of the week. I just enjoy enjoying this book. The whole thing was my fave but my stand out is one again subtle. Only sinister's righteous rage can be squelched with the idea of tomorrow. LOL. And Tarn is the perfect foil for Storm as both in a way are connected to different aspects of life.

gotgorgin.jpg
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    I'm seeing some rumors that the series is ending soon. Not 'cancelled' kind of ending, but just reaching a natural conclusion.
    If it is i hope Wells sticks around. He has been an absolute treat to read and i would love to see his interpretation of some other concepts/characters.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Militantly Indifferent Kisinith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    Agreed with both, but this is in line with Xavier's hubris! Did he really believe he could mind-wipe Mr. Sinister a known doppelganger and considerable telepath in his own right and there be no consequences?
    I'm in full agreement, Xavier and Magneto are on one hell of an ego trip, and I love it. Magnificent Bastard Magneto is the best Magneto, and this is easily the best comic Xavier we've ever had. "Saint Xavier" is boring (and hardly ever existed outside of Patrick Stewart) and as much as his ego is out of control his heart is in the right place, unlike Deadly Genisis Xavier. Xavier is the enlightened despot who hasn't realized what he's becoming and the story beats are pure gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    That would make some sense, if it was created to deal specifically with Sinister and the Chimaera issue which as of today's release does seem to be on its way to coming to a head. I hope that when the dust settles we still get these characters serving a greater purpose.
    Agreed. These characters have come a long way so if the book is ending I do hope we see a graduation of sorts out of the hellions to greater roles. I'm obsessed with Nanny but that goes without saying. And I've come to really appreciate Kwannon and Greycrow.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

What peaked my interest here is that they seem to have a precog on the Arrako council, Idyll i believe, which wouldn't be surprising but it does make me wonder if they know about the future like Irene did?

I also wonder if this will cause a fall out between Psylocke and the others because they don't know about her daughter or how Sinister is blackmailing her with her.

I need more Arrako mutants. They are beautiful and fresh and I need them. This series is amazing.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    What peaked my interest here is that they seem to have a precog on the Arrako council, Idyll i believe, which wouldn't be surprising but it does make me wonder if they know about the future like Irene did?

I also wonder if this will cause a fall out between Psylocke and the others because they don't know about her daughter or how Sinister is blackmailing her with her.
    Idyll the Future Seer, I imagine she's going to play a role going forward considering the no precog Rule and the fact that Hickman literally created this character. She'll probably have some part to play in Inferno or just going forward.

As for the rumor that this book is ending soon to be honest that seems about right. I don't think it's a coincidence that we're getting to the Chimera plot line RIGHT BEFORE Inferno kicks off. And it does seem that several other books are going to be "wrapping up" plot lines they introduced back in DoX during the time Inferno launches.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    I need more Arrako mutants. They are beautiful and fresh and I need them. This series is amazing.
    To say the very least...

Ultimate Member

I still think that Sinister and such is going to do something that will blow up in everybody's faces, with the Hellions being blamed, and the council acting all holier than thou and acting as if they had no idea and are completely innocent of it all...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kisinith View Post
    I'm in full agreement, Xavier and Magneto are on one hell of an ego trip, and I love it. Magnificent Bastard Magneto is the best Magneto, and this is easily the best comic Xavier we've ever had. "Saint Xavier" is boring (and hardly ever existed outside of Patrick Stewart) and as much as his ego is out of control his heart is in the right place, unlike Deadly Genisis Xavier. Xavier is the enlightened despot who hasn't realized what he's becoming and the story beats are pure gold.
    Everyone who got resurrected was resurrected because of Sinister’s DNA catalog. Of course, Xavier and Magneto knew that Sinister would continue to do más scientist stuff. It’s simply a trade off thar made, as their collaboration with Sinister has been very fruitful.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I loved seeing our Regent Storm sitting on the Great Ring, and the others backing her stance. She belongs in this leadership role and I appreciate how connected the books are.

Tarn can't say he wasn't warned. He's fun but I'm sad he has the ability to take away the enhanced strength of the ones that died in Amenth. I love evolved Nanny!

Chimera coming?
    ^^Same here. Always chuckle at these little outbursts.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeon View Post
    Is it me or does Tarn look like Gorr?
    Nope. It's not you.

If Sinister doesn't make Psylocke's daughter the first Chimera I am going to be very disappointed

Xavier can be foolish in his arrogance, but I'd be surprised if he didn't count on Sinister's inevitable betrayal and planned accordingly.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Starfish View Post
    Xavier can be foolish in his arrogance, but I'd be surprised if he didn't count on Sinister's inevitable betrayal and planned accordingly.
    I mean even if you know someone is going to eventually betray you it doesn't necessarily mean that you're prepared for the betrayal. That being said Xavier and Magneto's hubris blinds them to a lot of obvious things.