Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Nothing really new, but I like the idea of fewer, bigger, better.

Incredible Member

Totally ridiculous. More soft ball questions. Jim and Cherry might as well be in a cabin deep in the Alaska wilderness talking to themselves. Some hard questions need to be asked like why are they sideling Cyborg, Black Lightning, Vixen in favor of black characters under the mantle of traditional white characters like John Stewart, Mr. Terrific and Mr. Miracle?

I think it's just the predictable mindset of cashing in on a popular mantle would presumably lead to more lucrative results than trying to get lesser-known diverse characters off the ground. In a perfect scenario it wouldn't be either/or, and you'd see all those characters pushed at the same time but I guess that's just not where we are yet.

Though it's funny the article mentions "Black Batman" but they never actually talk about it in the interview. It's like they just asked THR to please mention they have a black Batman now. lol

Also I am not really sure what they are supposed to be "rebuilding". Isn't that what Rebirth was supposed to do. Yeah you have characters like Wally, Roy and Connor Hawke back now, among others, but "rebuilding"? Barbara being Oracle again is rebuilding? Taking away the Lanterns' rings again is rebuilding? Guess I'm just not seeing the bigger picture yet.
    Last edited by Johnny; 08-04-2021 at 10:14 AM.

That bit about some stuff being made specifically for adaptation definitely feels like it’s talking about the Jon, Jace, Yara Trinity.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    That bit about some stuff being made specifically for adaptation definitely feels like it’s talking about the Jon, Jace, Yara Trinity.
    Jo, Andy and Jess too. I can totally see them do a "Future State JL" adaptation down the line.
    Last edited by Johnny; 08-04-2021 at 10:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Jo, Andy and Jess too. I can totally see them do an "Future State JL" adaptation down the line.
    Andy I agree can be added as well, I’m sure she’ll appear in the Aquaman films, don’t know about Jo and Jess though. I suspect the other GLs, such as Jessica, would take Jo’s spot in a hypothetical Future State JL movie, and ditto for the Flashes with regards to Jess.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

They always talk about expanding globally yet can't seem to launch DCU Infinite anywhere outside the US.
    DC is a joke sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    They always talk about expanding globally yet can't seem to launch DCU Infinite anywhere outside the US.
    DC is a joke sometimes.
    This. FAQ still pretends they'll be launching the service in additional countries by Summer 2021.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

I thought it was August

Wait... it is August now. So either way, they're late.

Yeah I got nothing clear from that article
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 08-04-2021 at 11:25 AM.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

DC is a joke sometimes.
    Weren't they supposed to do it this summer? Why are they taking so long? The management behind DCU was abysmal from the start and still seems poor.
    Last edited by HandofPrometheus; 08-04-2021 at 11:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Andy I agree can be added as well, I’m sure she’ll appear in the Aquaman films, don’t know about Jo and Jess though. I suspect the other GLs, such as Jessica, would take Jo’s spot in a hypothetical Future State JL movie, and ditto for the Flashes with regards to Jess.
    I guess Mera could be pregnant in the next AQ film.

DC is a joke sometimes.
    Yeah that is embarrassing, what could be taking so long with all the non-comics media on MAX now?

Quote Originally Posted by Avi View Post
    This. FAQ still pretends they'll be launching the service in additional countries by Summer 2021.
    Question is, which "Summer 2021" are they referring to?

(Isn't it more like Winter on the "other" side of the equator?)

Amazing Member

I wish I could believe the "fewer, bigger, better" idea, but every time I turn around it seems like DC is adding in new heroes or legacies. If they were to trim the fat down to the big hitters, fan favorites, and a few select teams I might believe it.