Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Iron Monger vs Captain America and Winter Soldier

Movie versions of all.

I’m betting on the guy with flight capability and a 23mm gun.
    "What I sought, I could not obtain."

"This is a meaningless battle. We are two madmen engaging in senseless folley."

"I will kill, I will let live..."

--Genuine Fake Priest Kotomine Kirei

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Can Steve and Bucky even harm the Iron Monger Suit before it gets airborne? If we're talking about Falcon America, can he harm Iron Monger at all?

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    Movie versions of all.
    Without P.I.S., he does the same thing Iron-Man would have done without the P.I.S. He stomps them. I readily admit it might take a while to tag them, so it could be a drawn-out stomp, if there is such a thing. But they really can't significantly hurt him.
    Power with Girl is better.

Extraordinary Member

Given that Cap can Smash through Ultron drones without much issue, I have zero doubt he could damage the Iron-Monger suit

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    Without P.I.S., he does the same thing Iron-Man would have done without the P.I.S. He stomps them. I readily admit it might take a while to tag them, so it could be a drawn-out stomp, if there is such a thing. But they really can't significantly hurt him.
    That was CIS more than PIS.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Given that Cap can Smash through Ultron drones without much issue, I have zero doubt he could damage the Iron-Monger suit

Considering that Hawkeye was also breaking through the Ultron Drones by smacking them with his bow, I'm not liking how well it would compare to an armor that basically laughs off Iron Man in a movie where Iron Man caught a dropped car (dropped by Iron Monger, no less). Heck, that scene started off with Tony psycho crushing Iron Monger through a wall and a truck without even stunning him, and he dropped the car because he got knocked back (but not damaged) by a direct hit from a chest repulsor beam.

Last edited by The Drunkard Kid; 08-07-2021 at 10:23 PM.

I would honestly say that the Ultron clones were roughly equivalent to the ubervamps in the last episode of Buffy where they explode if you touch them. Everyone was wasting the clones.

I'm not saying Cap cannot hit superhumanly hard with that shield but, compared to the stuff IM no-sold in various movies, I still think it was P.I.S.
    Power with Girl is better.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    I would honestly say that the Ultron clones were roughly equivalent to the ubervamps in the last episode of Buffy where they explode if you touch them. Everyone was wasting the clones.

I'm not saying Cap cannot hit superhumanly hard with that shield but, compared to the stuff IM no-sold in various movies, I still think it was P.I.S.
    Keep in mind, Iron-Man's not using the same armor that he did in IM one. He's using a new one, which was made with different priorities in mind. One of said priorities being "Easier to put on and take off" which logically speaking is gonna impact it's durability because it makes it over all less solid

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Keep in mind, Iron-Man's not using the same armor that he did in IM one. He's using a new one, which was made with different priorities in mind. One of said priorities being "Easier to put on and take off" which logically speaking is gonna impact it's durability because it makes it over all less solid
    That also doesn't really matter when Cap is fighting an IM1 villain, does it? Like, OK, Stark might have made a less durable armor that Cap was able to break, but the Iron Monger monstered all over the original with the best strength and durability feats. Really, all this argument means is Cap couldn't necessarily handle the IM1 suit. (Mark II? Mark III?)

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    That also doesn't really matter when Cap is fighting an IM1 villain, does it? Like, OK, Stark might have made a less durable armor that Cap was able to break, but the Iron Monger monstered all over the original with the best strength and durability feats. Really, all this argument means is Cap couldn't necessarily handle the IM1 suit. (Mark II? Mark III?)
    Cap's still fairly agile, and I don't believe the Iron Monger ever displays the ability to hover, so he can't just fly up and rain down attacks from safety. I think Cap does have a small path to victory: Get on Monger's back and rip out the targeting computer like Tony did. That'd force stain to open up the cockpit and target cap by eye

Mighty Member

In the same movie where Cap was damaging him, he was hit with multiple cars thrown at/dropped on him by Scarlet Witch. They battered him a bit, but he was still fully functional.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by StupidMoniker View Post
    In the same movie where Cap was damaging him, he was hit with multiple cars thrown at/dropped on him by Scarlet Witch. They battered him a bit, but he was still fully functional.
    That was blunt force applied over a wide area, spreading out the energy. Cap's shield is an indestructible edge, concentrating all the energy into a small area.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

That was blunt force applied over a wide area, spreading out the energy. Cap's shield is an indestructible edge, concentrating all the energy into a small area.
    We go by feats here - Cap's shield has never been shown doing more damage than a car falling 100 feet accelerated by a telekinetic.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

I mean, Civil War's the same movie where Cap was shown to be notably weaker than Bucky's mechanical arm, which was in turn shown to be vastly weaker than Spider-Man's casual exertions (who also pretty much instantly stopped a speeding car in a recording), who was shown to be overpowered and thrown by Cap while using both hands to pull back Cap's arms, with the webbing covering Cap's fists just somehow vanishing and Cap basically treating Spidey like a punk despite Spidey's earlier showing against the Cap-tier Winter Soldier.

Civil War was not a well written movie, especially when it came to consistent portrayal of Captain America's stats
    Last edited by The Drunkard Kid; 08-10-2021 at 08:30 AM.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    I mean, Civil War's the same movie where Cap was shown to be notably weaker than Bucky's mechanical arm, which was in turn shown to be vastly weaker than Spider-Man's casual exertions (who also pretty much instantly stopped a speeding car in a recording), who was shown to be overpowered and thrown by Cap while using both hands to pull back Cap's arms, with the webbing covering Cap's first just somehow vanishing and Cap basically trading Spidey like a punk despite Spidey's earlier showing against the Cap-tier Winter Soldier.

Civil War was not a well written movie, especially when it came to consistent portrayal of Captain America's stats
    Jobbing to Cap seems pretty universal.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate