Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

And I remember reading in somewhere that the first time they were called Trinity was in Erik Luke's run.

Incredible Member

It's marketing bullshit (that works) but it does stem from each of them having continuously published titles since the Golden Age (and not just being around since the Golden Age, since their are plenty of characters with that pedigree but not anywhere near the claim to fame as the Trinity).

I will say it certainly feels like DC/WB whoever the **** is in charge are trying to do better by Diana, what with all these Wonder books coming out and using her as the central character of their event book. She has two cinematic movies and two animated flicks. Yeah, it could be so much better, but I've followed Diana long enough to have seen periods of intense disappointment in how she's handled and treated and amount of Wonder content released.

I think she's trickling up to being treated like the rest of the Trinity (though I agree Batman is really the only Golden Child of the 3 of them as Supes doesn't get the treatment even Batsy gets).

Incredible Member

The Holy Ghost also gets short shrift compared to God The Father and Jesus Christ. Members of a Trinity rarely get equal billing.

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

I feel like the Holy Spirit has less baggage.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Thunders! View Post
    I feel like the Holy Spirit has less baggage.
    The Holy Spirit has never neck-snapped (the) Lord.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hairys View Post
    The Holy Spirit has never neck-snapped (the) Lord.
    It probably did but we weren't there.
    "Cable was right!"

Has anyone read Busiek's Trinity?
    I did not hear good reviews but they say that Diana is quite well characterized.

The OPr makes a valid point, in pointing out that Wonder Woman isn't treated, like the other two, very successful 'Trinity' characters. By editorial decree, her comic has no supporting cast, archenemy or continuity - allowing writers to establish one would require the kind of editing, reserved for the Batman and Superman comics. There isn't one great, iconic critically acclaimed graphic novel, a definitive work, like Batman: The Dark Knight (DKR) or All-Star Superman, which featured Wonder Woman. She is not treated, as the other two Triniteers.

The OP is right.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 08-06-2021 at 04:04 PM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    The WW lore has and still gets the shortest end of the stick compared to BM and SM. So why do we still see DC writers and heads insisting that she is an important part of the DCU along with BM and SM? What do they gain by lipservice that is never backed up by actual evidence? I have seen how ''important'' WW lore is in most event. Basically filler. And a glorified whom in some major DC stories like KC. So why is this lie still being fed? And why even comic readers feed this lie, when it is pretty clear she has no place next to BM and SM other than being the most famous hero girl. Why is this lie still around?
    What makes Supes, WW, and Bats the Trinity has nothing to do with the way DC does anything. It is their uniqueness in surviving the dark age and staying relevant continuously. No other properties have done that. They also have other historical significance.

Incredible Member

God The Father = Superman. He who started it all. The icon, the archetype for a superhero with superpowers and a secret identity.

God The Son (Jesus) = Batman. He's fully human but also fully God (BatGod).

The Holy Spirit = Wonder Woman. The inspiration. Works within you to inspire you to do the right thing.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastianne View Post
    And I remember reading in somewhere that the first time they were called Trinity was in Erik Luke's run.
    If that's true, then I think the poor guy is due some sort of royalties! Not only is his run one of the few that's never been reprinted, it's basically been shunted into limbo...

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastianne View Post
    Has anyone read Busiek's Trinity?
    I did not hear good reviews but they say that Diana is quite well characterized.
    Trinity started off great, but lost some steam by the end (imho); it would be much more fondly remembered had it been half as long. That said, Diana was written quite well throughout!
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

I mean technically they are also known by that since they never been cancelled or taken a break for the past 80 years it's more due to the years than anything

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    If that's true, then I think the poor guy is due some sort of royalties! Not only is his run one of the few that's never been reprinted, it's basically been shunted into limbo...
    I've been searching and it seems to be true, the Trinity 98 story was the first time they were called that... So another point for Erik Luke (although he must prefer to get a check )

Trinity started off great, but lost some steam by the end (imho); it would be much more fondly remembered had it been half as long. That said, Diana was written quite well throughout!
    I was always hesitant to read it, but it attracts me to know how Diana is represented there. I will check it! Thank you.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Busiek, even in his misses, always can be counted on for great characterization.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by hairys View Post
    God The Father = Superman. He who started it all. The icon, the archetype for a superhero with superpowers and a secret identity.

God The Son (Jesus) = Batman. He's fully human but also fully God (BatGod).

The Holy Spirit = Wonder Woman. The inspiration. Works within you to inspire you to do the right thing.
    Zack Snyder would disagree with who gets the Jesus label.

And for that matter, maybe Richard Donner, would, too.