Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Good question. Would he still have the initial impetus, the bitter loneliness and subdued rage, to become Spider-Man in the first place?
    Would he assume the responsibility?

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    Would he assume the responsibility?
    Another good question there.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

What if Thing was able to hide his powers?

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Like in the Spider-Man TAS version of Secret Wars where Doctor Doom got Ben Grimm on his side for a while by enabling him to revert to human form and become the Thing whenever he wanted. References aside, that's also a great one, because Ben's angst from being the only one of the Fantastic Four who couldn't "pretend" to be normal unless using their powers has been a fundamental aspect of the character and the team/family for so long, so having that cloud not hanging over their heads like in canon . . .
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Goblin of Sector 2814 View Post
    You might wanna read this:

Attachment 113392
    They also told a similar story in the original What if, included with two other versions with Betty Brant and John Jameson.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

What if Jameson became Venom?
    What if Krakoa, Utopia/Asteroid M, and Genosha were combine to one area?
    What if Thor/Asgard was in World War 2?
    What if Bucky got the serum instead of Steve?
    What if Peter Parker and Jessica Jones dated in High School?

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Like in the Spider-Man TAS version of Secret Wars where Doctor Doom got Ben Grimm on his side for a while by enabling him to revert to human form and become the Thing whenever he wanted.
    So ... Doctor Doom has this capability whenever he wants?

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

What If Misty Knight Became War Machine?

In this alternate reality Misty Knight is not a police officer, but the first woman Navy SEAL. She serves with distinction for years until a mission to extract high ranking diplomats from the US, Latveria and Wakanda goes south. The mission is successful, but costly, with Knight sacrificing herself to save a member of the Latverian aristocracy. But as the saying goes, reports of Misty's death are greatly exaggerated. The powers that be try to save Misty's life (and preserve valuable intel that only she has) by initiating the Deathlok Protocols. Scientists and engineers from the US, Latveria and Wakanda work jointly in the effort with funding funneled through Cybertech, a subsidiary of global defense contractor Stark-Rand Industries. When the villains discover that Misty is still alive and harbors information that could prove their undoing, the evil cabal sends out a team of superhuman operatives to terminate her and everyone involved. Ironically, its their actions that trigger the final chain of computational events that bring Misty Knight fully online. Given the name War Machine One, Misty Knight ends the threat posed by the secret cabal, eventually becoming the premier champion for this new golden age of heroes.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

Ultimate Member

It could be interesting to mix it up and have Ben be able to transform into the Thing and back at will, and, unlike the Hulk, not lose his sparkling personality in the process, *but* Sue and Johnny are the ones who can't turn their powers off. Sue is *always* invisible, except when she concentrates really hard to make herself visible (and it only lasts a short time, and she's still transparent!), and Johnny is *always* on fire (although he has learned to 'tone it down' to just really hot and not 'sets stuff on fire yards away' hot), necessitating Reed to craft a special suit for Johnny that shields the rest of the world from his flame so that he can walk and sit and sleep and stuff.

Maybe even Reed can't entirely control his powers, and is always loose-limbed and kind of sagging about, which doesn't harm him, but looks fairly creepy, and requires a bit of concentration on his part (or, again, a special suit) to 'pull himself together' and walk and interact with the world normally.

Ben would be the only one with an easily accessed 'off switch' for his powers, which would, I suspect, change the dynamic quite a bit. (Johnny would be quite different, I suspect, perhaps a bit less playful and more bitter about being unable to physically interact with the world, or, particularly, cars or women.)

What if The Burglar kills Aunt May instead?
    If series that had this.

There was an issue in the What If series that had this.
    Uncle ben lived and found put Peter was Spiderman. And tired of JJ and his attacks on Spiderman has peter show JJ that he is Spiderman. Then when the Space Spores make John super strong he does not go after Spiderman but after Green Goblin instead and captures him and John becomes a big hero.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

An MCU What If that would be cool.

What if Captain America accidently kills Ironman at the end of Captain America Civil War.

Another MCU Civil War one - What if Roades died in his fall at the fight in the airport.

And a last Civil War one - What if Antman had killed himself when he grew huge at the airport fight?
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by LordMikel View Post
    So I mentioned this on another thread, but i'll mention in here too.

What if Captain America was actually a mutant.

I'm envisioning Cerebro finds Captain America, so Professor X discovers him. He becomes the leader of the X-men. Now the WW2 hero is actually a mutant, so people's attitudes of mutants change.
    This can chnage so much in The Marvel universe.

Like you said how would people feel about mutants if Captain America is a mutant. Also if CA is not an Avenger what happens to the team? Does Hulk go looking for The Avengers because in this world Rick does not become his sidekick so hulk has no reason to fight CA and does not come to New York for Revenge. What about when Thor leaves for The Trial of the Gods and ironman, Giantman and the Wasp want to hang it up? No CA to carry the torch. Do the 3 heroes stay and suffer burnout or do they disband the Avengers. How about the masters of Evil? When Zemo finds out that CA is alive does he go after the Xmen and not Avengers? How does that play out?

What about Scott? With CA being the clear leader of the Xmen does Scott who now does not get that experience early with the O5 and does he reach his full potential? Does he get jelous of CA who Xaiver is now looking to more and more rather then Scott who sees Xavier as not only a mentor but father figure as well. Now Scott has been replaced in the eyes of Xavier. Does he get so upset he leaves the Xmen? Does he join Magneto? Does he try and form his own team and find other mutants creating a whole different version of Xfactor?

This is a What if I am most excited about then any on this thread
    Last edited by babyblob; 09-19-2021 at 07:56 PM.

Mighty Member

That would be great a new what if ongoing.I love the What if

Quote Originally Posted by LordMikel View Post
    So I mentioned this on another thread, but i'll mention in here too.

What if Captain America was actually a mutant.

I'm envisioning Cerebro finds Captain America, so Professor X discovers him. He becomes the leader of the X-men. Now the WW2 hero is actually a mutant, so people's attitudes of mutants change.
    I have been thinking a lot about this idea. I have written a few notes for this world.

Since it was your idea would you mind if I keep taking notes and post my idea for this world here?

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    It could be interesting to mix it up and have Ben be able to transform into the Thing and back at will, and, unlike the Hulk, not lose his sparkling personality in the process, *but* Sue and Johnny are the ones who can't turn their powers off.
    This is a good idea, but I was thinking about how this would affect Ben personally. Maybe he goes back to his old neighborhood and fixes it up his way, knowing he has the ultimate trump card if anyone tries to mess with him or somebody under his protection.