Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LordMikel View Post
    They talked about this in Avengers years ago.

What if Peter Parker had started dating Jessica Jones in High School.
    That would have been cool to see, and funny enough, they do date in an alternate universe, specifically Spider-Man: Life Story, during the issue set in the 1990s after Peter and Mary Jane got divorced in the 1980s.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

What if Spider-Man created the Young Avengers?
    What if Cassandra Nova and Magneto became Onslaught?
    What if Agatha Harkness became Sorcerer(ess) Supreme?
    What if Nick Fury was bitten by the spider and became Spyder-Man?
    What if Wanda raised her children?

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    What if Spider-Man created the Young Avengers?
    What if Cassandra Nova and Magneto became Onslaught?
    What if Agatha Harkness became Sorcerer(ess) Supreme?
    What if Nick Fury was bitten by the spider and became Spyder-Man?
    What if Wanda raised her children?
    Funny enough, the second one happens at the end of the Heroes Reborn one-shot Magneto and the Mutant Force.

Astonishing Member

What if Tony Stark was killed trying to escape Wong-Chu, who got hold of his armor?

How different would the world be if an Asian warlord had Iron Man suits (prototypes no doubt but still pretty powerful if he kidnapped/hired other scientists to replicate or build on them)? How would that change the balance of power in the world, especially since the US government and military would no longer be able to rely on Tony Stark's expertise? Would the Avengers have been formed if there was no Iron Man, and no Stark to bankroll them? Would they have basically been drafted into the US military to fight Wong-Chu or the Mandarin, and their legion of Iron Men?

Ultimate Member

What if, instead of studying ants and their hive-mind distributed networked intelligence thing, Hank Pym was studying bats and their echolocation, and made a suit with flappy bat-wings that... Oh wait.

What if Wanda grew up on an island of witches, that had removed themselves from mortal ken at the time of the witch burnings... No, that's not right.

What if Thor was jettisoned from Asgard not because he needed a lesson in humility, but because most of the other gods were dead or dying, as Ragnarok had finally come, and the place exploded into flames and ruin behind him, and Odin sent his newborn son away before the End of All. Now, raised on Earth, Thor is only vulnerable to fragments of Asgard that followed him through the rainbow rift... Darn it!

Extraordinary Member

What If Peter had been impaled on the Goblin Glider and had died instead of Norman?

A bitter New Warriors fan MitchFox's Avatar

What if....the New Warriors (reality show version) manage to apprehend Nitro in Stamford?

Just imagine how different it would be if the New Warriors used strategy instead of charging in blindly to apprehend the supervillains. Like for example, Night Thrasher would use the tranquilizer darts to knock out Nitro or Microbe could make Nitro fall sick (and knocking him out) with his germ manipulation powers.
    Last edited by MitchFox; 09-03-2021 at 12:40 PM.
    Tumblr: http://oxymitch.tumblr.com/

MITCH'S FAVOURITES - Speedball, Justice (Vance Astrovik), Gambit, Jubilee, Rogue, Wiccan, Speed, Quasar (Wendell Vaughn), Quicksilver, She-Hulk, Cosmo

Quote Originally Posted by MitchFox View Post
    What if....the New Warriors (reality show version) manage to apprehend Nitro in Stamford?

Just imagine how different it would be if the New Warriors used strategy instead of charging in blindly to apprehend the supervillains. Like for example, Night Thrasher would use the tranquilizer darts to knock out Nitro or Microbe could make Nitro fall sick (and knocking him out) with his germ manipulation powers.
    That would basically eliminate the main driver of the Superhero (or Superhuman) Registration Act. The anti-superhero forces within the U.S. government would need some other inciting incident to justify the SHRA's legalization --- even if they had to come up with one themselves.

I've always wanted a "What If...Wolverine killed the skull queen instead if Norman Osborn" story from secret invasion.

So I mentioned this on another thread, but i'll mention in here too.

What if Captain America was actually a mutant.

I'm envisioning Cerebro finds Captain America, so Professor X discovers him. He becomes the leader of the X-men. Now the WW2 hero is actually a mutant, so people's attitudes of mutants change.
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordMikel View Post
    So I mentioned this on another thread, but i'll mention in here too.

What if Captain America was actually a mutant.

I'm envisioning Cerebro finds Captain America, so Professor X discovers him. He becomes the leader of the X-men. Now the WW2 hero is actually a mutant, so people's attitudes of mutants change.
    Ooh, at first I thought you meant Professor X was around in WW2 and discovered him and the rest proceeded from there, with mutants being discovered during the war, and Germany perhaps rushing to field it's own team of ubermen after painstakingly searching through it's own (and captured) populations, or, vice-versa, declaring them all impure (since the Allies have so many more, just based on population...) and purges them along with other 'undesirables.'

But then I thought everything happened the same as 616 with a (thought to be human still) Captain America going into the ice and being presumed dead, and it being Cerebro's being fired up and detecting a mutant signature way off in the Arctic Sea that results in him being 'found' and thawed out and simultaneously 'claimed' as a mutant, this war hero from WW2.

Either way, neat story potential!

What if Wanda and Pietro were separated at birth with Wanda raised by a coven of witches and Pietro having to survive on this own?

What if Yelena was sent to infiltrate Tony Stark and not Black Widow?

What if Mary Jane died on the bridge and not Gwen Stacy?

What if Harry Osborn died on the bridge and not Gwen Stacy?

What if Harry survived his initial death and he lived to see the Clone Saga and it's aftermath unfold?

What if instead of growing six arms, the formula Peter drank turned him into a hideous Man-Spider permanently?

What if Peter was a mutant and got enrolled in Xavier's Institute?

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Ooh, at first I thought you meant Professor X was around in WW2 and discovered him and the rest proceeded from there, with mutants being discovered during the war, and Germany perhaps rushing to field it's own team of ubermen after painstakingly searching through it's own (and captured) populations, or, vice-versa, declaring them all impure (since the Allies have so many more, just based on population...) and purges them along with other 'undesirables.'

But then I thought everything happened the same as 616 with a (thought to be human still) Captain America going into the ice and being presumed dead, and it being Cerebro's being fired up and detecting a mutant signature way off in the Arctic Sea that results in him being 'found' and thawed out and simultaneously 'claimed' as a mutant, this war hero from WW2.

Either way, neat story potential!
    You know true. I had not even considered Professor X being around for WW2. That would be another good story.
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    Great idea!
    It makes more sense that Uncle Ben would go down some sort of spiral, but I imagine there would be larger implications beyond that.
    Last edited by TheRay; 09-04-2021 at 07:38 AM.

A bitter New Warriors fan MitchFox's Avatar

What if....a different New Warrior survived Stamford explosion instead of Speedball?

There are few What If scenarios I need to add...

- What If...Microbe survived the explosion? Imagine if Microbe whose mutant power is communicating with germs gets taken away by Apocalypse who teleports him just in time before he disintegrates in the explosion. Microbe, being a meek individual he is, would be turned into a new Horseman of Pestilence by Apocalypse via brainwashing. Which means that the Avengers, X-Men, Fantastic Four or any hero would be wiped out by plague of diseases from Horseman powers. Only a few heroes left standing such as Richard Rider (who came back to Earth) and others would be forced to fight and put him down.

- What If....Night Thrasher survived the explosion? Dwayne Taylor would be a fugitive hiding from the authorities while at the same time, spending his time chasing Nitro and becoming more ruthless than ever.

- What If...Namorita survived the explosion? Namorita feeling guilty for the death of her friends and the destruction of Stamford, surrenders herself to the authorities. However, Prince Namor is enraged over the news of the arrest of his cousin and he insists on diplomatic immunity for her. Namorita may be willing to stand trial at the American court but Namor doesn't allow it so he threatens to wage war on the surface world if she doesn't get released.
    Tumblr: http://oxymitch.tumblr.com/

MITCH'S FAVOURITES - Speedball, Justice (Vance Astrovik), Gambit, Jubilee, Rogue, Wiccan, Speed, Quasar (Wendell Vaughn), Quicksilver, She-Hulk, Cosmo