Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

What if the Squadron Supreme fought on the side of the Germans in World War I?

A series of "What Ifs" in my mind would be based on writer's ideas that got altered at the last minute or completely removed despite setup that might of happened.

This came to my mind when reading a article in the past how originally the human host that would become Venom before Eddie was created was suppose to be a woman. That the writer had set things up including the reason and more. But the heads at the time shot it down simply as they couldn't see a Woman being Spider-Man's greatest challenge or didn't want Spider-Man to be fighting a woman. In my mind What If many of the executive shot down ideas from writers actually came to be and furthermore what directions possibly characters could of taken to the present from this?

What if Bucky was frozen and later revived by the Avengers and Cap was the one who got turned into the Winter Soldier?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    What if Bucky was frozen and later revived by the Avengers and Cap was the one who got turned into the Winter Soldier?
    Ooh, the revelation that the thought-to-be-killed-in-action war-hero Captain America of WW2 fame had spent the last forty years as a Soviet assassin would be brutal, and even if successfully deprogramed, I doubt Steve would ever feel himself worthy to again take up the Captain America mantle, instead encouraging someone else, like Bucky or Sam (or Clint! An American Archer?) to take it up...

(Or, if Bucky came out of the ice to find a world where Cap was assumed to be dead for decades, he might *already* have taken on the mantle, using a shield provided to him by Stark (blinged out with magnetic features), T'Challa (vibranium) or even an odder source like Pym (a size changing shield?) or Thor (Asgardian uru shield)).

Bucky as an Avenger would also have a very different dynamic. 'Cap's Kooky Quartet' would have been led by Hawkeye, instead, most likely, which would have changed *his* profile considerably. (Or Wanda or Pietro, but a woman leader at this time period would have been a hard sell, and Pietro's spectacularly unsuited to a leadership role.)

That's a pretty interesting 'What If?'
    Last edited by Sutekh; 09-28-2021 at 04:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    And tired of JJ and his attacks on Spiderman has peter show JJ that he is Spiderman.
    Sounds like Uncle Ben becomes Spider-Man's manager.

Incredible Member

How about a What-if story with Theresa Parker.

What if Peter's parents lived they raise Theresa and Peter, she gets bitten by the spider and Peter ends up in the Uncle Ben role.

What if at the dawn of humanity the Celestials came instead to Earth to strip human beings of their potential for mutation, wiping out all of the Earthly gods as well to ensure non-interference in their experiment?
    Last edited by JudicatorPrime; 09-28-2021 at 07:53 PM.

What if Terigen wiped out all the mutants?
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

What If Marvel had an ongoing What If title, it would be so good. So many variants to any storyline can be told.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

What if Captain America wasn’t assassinated after the events of Civil War?

What if the Kree never existed?

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixThanos View Post
    What If Marvel had an ongoing What If title, it would be so good. So many variants to any storyline can be told.
    I loved them. They sometimes had more realistic and finite endings to characters and the universe, and used their powers in more interesting ways.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    What if Captain America wasn’t assassinated after the events of Civil War?
    That's a very good one. I could see him standing trial and using it as a staging ground to make his case to the general public and media against the SHRA.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

I could see a lot of things people don’t want getting out being revealed in that trial. It would likely turn the Marvel universe upside down, once more!