Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
    Ultimate Member

What if, on the day that the Legion decided to go back in time and recruit Superboy to their teen super-hero team, one or more of the alien members were like, 'Why some Earth hero we've never even heard of, who's going to grow up to be a legendary hero anyway? Why not make a real difference and try to recruit someone that we know later would turn out to be a villain, and see if we can get them off to a better start?' and with the naive optimism of youth in the Golden Age, they do that, going further back in time and recruiting a marble-bodied teen demigod with a connection to his homeworld that gives him his stony form and heat vision, as he channels the volcanic heart of his world. The boy, Aleph, takes the superhero name, 'Kid Omega.'

And that's how the Legion tried to stop Darkseid, before he grew up to become Darkseid.

Of course it all ends in tears.

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    What if ONLY Thomas Wayne died in that alley?
    Then we might get a Norman Bates version of Batman who only listens to his mother lol.

On the opposite side of that though, if only Martha died, I came up with an idea of Thomas throwing himself into work, the family business and the family's money so Bruce wants to get away from it and to find himself so he travels the world and ends up in Egypt where he finds the helmet of Fate and ends up becoming this universe's version Dr. Fate.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

What if Dick Grayson had decided to return to being Robin when Tim Drake asked him to in "A Lonely Place of Dying?"

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post

On the opposite side of that though, if only Martha died, I came up with an idea of Thomas throwing himself into work, the family business and the family's money so Bruce wants to get away from it and to find himself so he travels the world and ends up in Egypt where he finds the helmet of Fate and ends up becoming this universe's version Dr. Fate.
    The Earth 2 series had the what if Martha died but Thomas lived idea. After Bruce died Thomas took up the role of Batman. The Flashpoint universe went even darker with Martha and Thomas living but Bruce dying in the alley. Thomas goes on to be Batman there too while Martha goes insane and becomes his Joker.

Last edited by Zero Hunter; 09-07-2021 at 02:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    We already had a "What If . . . ?" line of books from DC.

I think that was more of a What If the last 70 years of comics never happened so DC could make a quick buck. And we obviously already know how that story ended. It might as well have been a Tales From the Dark Multiverse.

Quote Originally Posted by Jody Garland View Post
    This is pretty much what the Tales from the Dark Multiverse series have been, right down to being relentlessly grim at times.
    Yeah but the What If series could be What If Even One Issue Tales of the Dark Multiverse had been good at all.

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    What if ONLY Thomas Wayne died in that alley?
    For some reason, this made me think of a teenage Bruce sneaking in and out of the mansion at night as Bat-Man, hiding his secret ID from his mum like Peter Parker and Aunt May.

I've contemplated a 'only Thomas died in Crime Alley story'. In my take, Martha and Bruce are forced to move out of the mansion since Wayne Enterprises is taken over by William Earle. Alfred goes along with Martha because, well it's Alfred. They settle down in Leslie's clinic which Martha takes over. Bruce ends up joining this world's JSA.

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    What if Dick Grayson had decided to return to being Robin when Tim Drake asked him to in "A Lonely Place of Dying?"

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    He realizes that this old costume doesn't fit anymore but wears it anyway for Bruce (who just found the whole thing weird).

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    The Earth 2 series had the what if Martha died but Thomas lived idea. After Bruce died Thomas took up the role of Batman. The Flashpoint universe went even darker with Martha and Thomas living but Bruce dying in the alley. Thomas goes on to be Batman there too while Martha goes insane and becomes his Joker.
    Hmmm okay but my idea has Bruce as Dr. Fate

What if Bane broke Robin's back instead, could be Jason replacing his death.
    Last edited by Mutant God; 09-08-2021 at 12:57 PM.

oohh... the WW forum of all places had an amazing idea for an alternate Batman.

What if.... Bruce Wayne was actually a son of Zeus.(and by extension Terry McGinnis is a grandson of Zeus) Thus the whole "bat-god" thing... is literally true. He only thinks he isn't super-human. However peopel who really are "just Human" can't do what he does.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post

What if.... Bruce Wayne was actually a son of Zeus.(and by extension Terry McGinnis is a grandson of Zeus) Thus the whole "bat-god" thing... is literally true. He only thinks he isn't super-human. However peopel who really are "just Human" can't do what he does.
    Plus all the problems in Gotham could be because of Eris and Oizys (goddesses of Discord and Misery) influencing some of Gotham's most dangerous criminals. Maybe some of the gods live in Arkham Asylum lol

I would want them to revisit the biggest flubs of DiDio and Johns. Namely, the crapped out ending of New Krypton, the horrible wrap up of Infinite Crisis, and the poop tgat was Amazons Attack. I would want them to bring those teams back and let them do their intended next steps or endings.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post

I vaguely recall am actual 'bat-god' named Camazotz, and it could be a fun twist to make a Mestizo Batman in Mexico City or thereabouts, who is descended from / empowered by Camazotz.

Can we propose Elseworld like stories like Red Son?

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I vaguely recall am actual 'bat-god' named Camazotz, and it could be a fun twist to make a Mestizo Batman in Mexico City or thereabouts, who is descended from / empowered by Camazotz.
    OOOHH I like this one!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    Plus all the problems in Gotham could be because of Eris and Oizys (goddesses of Discord and Misery) influencing some of Gotham's most dangerous criminals. Maybe some of the gods live in Arkham Asylum lol
    That would explain just how.... crazy it gets....