Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by D.Z View Post
    Nope. Doesn't have to be grim like the dark multiverse.
    Yeah, I know. I was making a dumb joke about how most What Ifs end up being really dark kill 'em alls, at least in vol. 2. Sorry if that didn't come across.

Extraordinary Member

More ideas:

What If? Identity Crisis: What if Zatanna decided that they had the right idea with Dr. Light and then proceeded to try and mind-wipe every supervillain to alter their personality?

What If? Batwoman Had Lived: What if Kathy Kane Batwoman had never died in Detective Comics #485 and then proceeded to take control of the Bat-family away from Bruce?

What If? Clark Never Told Lois that He Was Superman: but proceeded to marry her anyway...

What If? Great Darkness Saga: What if Darkseid had won in the Great Darkness Saga?

What If? The Challenge of Artemis: What if Diana had died instead of Artemis in the fight against The White Magician in Wonder Woman #100 and Artemis had continued on as Wonder Woman.

What If? The Doom Patrol Hadn't Sacrificed Themselves: What if the Doom Patrol had let Madame Rouge and Captain Zahl blow up Codsville, Maine and then covered it up?
    Last edited by Green Goblin of Sector 2814; 08-04-2021 at 08:23 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jody Garland View Post
    Yeah, I know. I was making a dumb joke about how most What Ifs end up being really dark kill 'em alls, at least in vol. 2. Sorry if that didn't come across.
    This is true. A lot of the time, The What If? series ended up being Marvel's way of saying to fans "see, now don't you think it was GOOD that we made a different decision in the main continuity?" Even the What If Gwen Stacy Had Lived? issue ended up with Peter on the run from the law.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Goblin of Sector 2814 View Post
    This is true. A lot of the time, The What If? series ended up being Marvel's way of saying to fans "see, now don't you think it was GOOD that we made a different decision in the main continuity?" Even the What If Gwen Stacy Had Lived? issue ended up with Peter on the run from the law.
    Marvel pretty much agreed with this. There were even comments about how Bendis' Jessica Jones What If ended up with a happy ending just to show that her life was screwed up.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Extraordinary Member

What if Batman had saved Dick's parents?

What if Killing Joke and Death in the Family didn't happened?

What if Lonnie Machin became the third Robin instead of Tim Drake?

What if Lance Bruner didn't die?

What if Dick hadn't tricked "Roberta the Girl Wonder" to end her career.

What if Batman and Catwoman had married in Batman #50?

What if Graduation Day didn't happen?

What if ... Jason Todd had lived through "Death in the Family?"

What if ... Kyle Raynor was 'fridged and Alex DeWitt ended up with the GL ring after he died?

What if ... Superman never came back during "Reign of the Supermen?"

What if ... the Golden Age heroes were never forced to retire after WWII?

What if ... Paradise Island had never decided to seclude themselves from the world of men?

What if ... Guy Gardner had "one-punched" Batman instead??

Extraordinary Member

What If? Alexandra Dewitt Had Inherited the Ring Instead of Kyle: It might be interesting to examine what would have happened if Alex had been the one to take up the GL mantle in the 90s, and reverse the literal "first" instance of a woman in a refrigerator. Maybe Kyle would have gotten killed off instead. Although I hope not because I like Kyle.

Also, on the GL train....

What If? Final Night: What if Hal Jordan had been able to save the sun without sacrificing himself? What would the redemption arc for Parallax have looked like then?

What If? The Punch: What if when Batman punched Guy Gardner in Justice League #1, it didn't just knock Guy on his ass, but actually killed him. Batman absolutely knows how to kill a guy with one punch.

What If? Guy Gardner Had Gotten the Ring Instead of Hal: When Abin Sur died, Guy was actually closer and ended up with the ring instead of Hal Jordan.
    Last edited by Green Goblin of Sector 2814; 08-04-2021 at 11:33 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    What if ... Kyle Raynor was 'fridged and Alex DeWitt ended up with the GL ring after he died?
    Lol. Beat me to it.

Quote Originally Posted by D.Z View Post
    What if Earth 2 was the base Earth instead of Earth 1 post crisis.

What if only Earth 1 survived? Or Earth 2?
    Tales from the Dark Multiverse: Crisis on Infinite Earths answers these. Despite the title, it was mainly a JSA book. Most of the team wound up dead, as does the JLA, and a next generation JSA team takes their place.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

What if DC Comics had not cancelled Vixen's ongoing solo book in 1978 due to a snowstorm/the "DC Implosion"?
    Last edited by MoneySpider; 08-05-2021 at 04:56 AM.
    Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Tales from the Dark Multiverse: Crisis on Infinite Earths answers these. Despite the title, it was mainly a JSA book. Most of the team wound up dead, as does the JLA, and a next generation JSA team takes their place.
    I already know about that. Except here it wouldn't end up as bad as that.

Incredible Member

Classic DC Comics actually used to do this fairly regularly in the 1950s and early 1960s.

I think another try at the Bruce Wayne marries Lois Lane would be interesting. Especially if say it was more than one story.

What if the JSA had not broken up in the 1950s, but remained the premiere organization in the modern-era?

What if Nightwing remained the adult Robin such as his Earth-2 counterpart? How would Robin be able to carve out a separate identity, while dealing with modern life.

What if DC characters were based in actual North American cities?

What if Gotham City passed a rule that some members of the Bat-family had to move to CST because there were too many of them?

What If... Crisis on Infinite Earths never happened?

That's really the only one I want to see, as it would cover everything.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

There's some goods ones in this post. Here are some more. What if...

Batman had defeated Bane in Knightfall?

Wonder Woman did not kill Maxwell Lord?

Batman had killed the Joker in "Hush"?

Batman's parents had lived?

Krypton was saved?

Jason Todd had lived?

What If none of the Green Lantern rings found host from the United States? whether it be the 7 Lanterns all reimagined from different countries and continents, or all new characters, just none from America.

What If Jason returned, killed both Batman and the Joker, and then retired?

What If Ganthet went to John Stewart and his Mosaic world and used his power to shield them from being affected by Hal's rampage on Oa instead of entrusting the fate of the universe to a random artist? so it's Guardian John Stewart and the Mosaic world vs Parallax Hal Jordan.

What if Cyborg was taken in and mentored by Mister Terrific after his accident and subsequent transformation?

What if Forager was made Mister Miracle and eventually became Highfather?

What If Vixen became Queen of Monster Rock and took over the planet?
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."