Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    Ooh! Nice!
    Yeah, been working as a freelance ( on the side of my real job ) for Studio Agate for almost two years now. It'll be so strange seeing stuff I worked on being printed, it's like a dream come true haha !

Edit : regarding the upcoming KS, it'll deal with Netherworld inhabitants (including the monstrous Canker in it's physical manifestation - Ravagers and Sublime - and Astral with the Nightmare). It'll also offer five playable species, most of whom are divided between at least two sub groups :

-Svirfnebelins
    -Duergars
    -Drows
    -Simmaïens (humans who got stuck into the Netherworld)
    -Sidhes of the Deep, reincarnated souls thanks to the Fairies of the Netherworld

I devised the names of the first two, which wasn't easy at all because we wanted something really unique but also somewhat similar to the Gnomes and Dwarves names. Respectively, I settled on a mixture of Dutch and Basque names for the Svirf' and Icelandic and Amazigh ones for the Duergars. If I can say so myself, say sounds great (even if the Svirf's are unprononcable haha).
    Last edited by Korath; 03-18-2022 at 12:19 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Yeah, been working as a freelance ( on the side of my real job ) for Studio Agate for almost two years now. It'll be so strange seeing stuff I worked on being printed, it's like a dream come true haha !

Edit : regarding the upcoming KS, it'll deal with Netherworld inhabitants (including the monstrous Canker in it's physical manifestation - Ravagers and Sublime - and Astral with the Nightmare). It'll also offer five playable species, most of whom are divided between at least two sub groups :

-Svirfnebelins
    -Duergars
    -Drows
    -Simmaïens (humans who got stuck into the Netherworld)
    -Sidhes of the Deep, reincarnated souls thanks to the Fairies of the Netherworld

I devised the names of the first two, which wasn't easy at all because we wanted something really unique but also somewhat similar to the Gnomes and Dwarves names. Respectively, I settled on a mixture of Dutch and Basque names for the Svirf' and Icelandic and Amazigh ones for the Duergars. If I can say so myself, say sounds great (even if the Svirf's are unprononcable haha).
    That's awesome! I'm happy for you, Korath!

Little up to say we got a date for the start of the crowdfunding

Also, an article in english on the official blog

And most importantly perhaps... The standard cover which is - honestly, I didn't saw it in advance and seeing it today blew my mind.

The campaign start today, in less than thirty minutes : https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...toolbox-for-5e

One thing important this campaign and the very first time for us : This project will be US, United Kingdom, Canada, Australia and EU friendly shipping.

What does that mean ? Physical rewards will be sent from our US, UK, Canadian, Australian and French hubs. We will take care of customs for these countries. If you live in these countries, you won’t have to pay additional customs fees or duties upon the arrival of your pledge and you will pay a much lower shipping cost.
    Last edited by Korath; 05-02-2022 at 09:40 AM.

Astonishing Member

The campaign start today, in less than thirty minutes : https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...toolbox-for-5e
    Woah! You guys are doing extremely well!

Not gonna lie, your goal is super hefty as is. But in just 2 days or so, you've already reached 10 times that amount!

Last time on KS alone they made almost 700K or even slightly more, I think ? ^^

But damn, it costs a lot Damn XD

Astonishing Member

Last time on KS alone they made almost 700K or even slightly more, I think ? ^^

But damn, it costs a lot Damn XD
    They have funds to spare and save, and then some, I would imagine. Especially in this case when their goal, while quite large on its own, is only a fraction of what they've currently gotten. Hopefully they're paying those involved well and keeping to their agreements.

Them reaching almost a million last time is shocking. I guess this is really popular and these creators are really well-known and loved.

Yeah the pay is good for what I do haha !

And they succeeded quite a lot because they offer quite an interesting take on most classic creatures, at least to me ! Plus the books are gorgeous and it helps.

Astonishing Member

Yeah the pay is good for what I do haha !

And they succeeded quite a lot because they offer quite an interesting take on most classic creatures, at least to me ! Plus the books are gorgeous and it helps.
    Good to hear, on all accounts!

Last few hours for the campaign !

And if you're more of a board gamer this news may interest you : http://www.mighty-boards.com/blog/ne...nicles-of-kaan

Last edited by Korath; 06-03-2022 at 11:26 PM.

More news about the boardgame : a KS will come in September, and you can earn a map of the region if you follow the clues on the official website

http://www.mighty-boards.com/blog/mu...n-to-fateforge

It seems to be really easy to play with, if you're wondering