Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    Neither has Courtney. The only book she's headlined was when she was the Star Spangled Kid.

You also act as if there have been numerous series headlined by Starman. To my knowledge, there have only been two Starman ongoings, one with Peyton (who didn't use Ted Knight's technology that you are so insistent has to be used to qualify) and the other with Jack.

Popcorn kernels? Sorry your thread isn't an echo chamber of only people that agree with you.

Also their relevancy is your opinion. If you want to go into DC's "whole history" Peyton had an ongoing for 4 years, and Tomas was an openly gay character at a time when it was far from the norm in DC comics, and only beginning to become more commonplace at the big two publishers.
    Naturally I expect at least some disagreement with my opinions on these forums. Nor did I claim Whitmore headlined an SG title. I provided context to my initial opinion excluding the characters you've been talking about, which you ignored, doubling down when others pointed out the context.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Naturally I expect at least some disagreement with my opinions on these forums. Nor did I claim Whitmore headlined an SG title. I provided context to my initial opinion excluding the characters you've been talking about, which you ignored, doubling down when others pointed out the context.
    So within your context and metrics, there has only been one comic headlined by a Starman using the Knight technology. I think it's safe to assume that the comic you want has less to do with Johns and more to do with the fact that DC doesn't exactly do these books within your specific guidelines.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    So within your context and metrics, there has only been one comic headlined by a Starman using the Knight technology. I think it's safe to assume that the comic you want has less to do with Johns and more to do with the fact that DC doesn't exactly do these books within your specific guidelines.
    I didn't say I have a preference for any of the Star-people, including the ones mentioned. I just doubt there's going to be room for another cosmic-rod user while Stargirl is getting a TV show, unless its in a period or ensemble piece, but not likely as a headliner.

Wonder Dog is the first one that comes to mind.
    I mean does anyone even know Wonder Dog at this point?

Incredible Member

Kirby’s original version of O.M.A.C.

Star Hunters

Starfire - the sword and sci-fi version

Wild Dog

Unfortunately almost any rogue essentially fits this bill. I haven't heard much of any villains getting books outside of Forever Evil.

Incredible Member PennyDreadful's Avatar

Vibe won't be showing up again. Too bad.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    Unfortunately almost any rogue essentially fits this bill. I haven't heard much of any villains getting books outside of Forever Evil.

Okay, I probably should have said with the obvious Joker exception, but you win this round sir.

BANNED

And when Catwoman got hers in the 90s and Harley got hers in the 00s they were more villains than the anti-heros they are now.

And Deathstroke goes back and forth so much it's hard to keep track anymore.

DC dropped the ball with Firestorm. I always pegged him as DC's Spider-Man and his rogue's gallery could've been better.

Red Tornado always had hard luck with having his own title.

Deadman, Spectre, Hawk & Dove, Dial H For Hero, the Creeper, Challengers Of The Unknown, Metal Men have always been hard sells as well.

Astonishing Member

If a character doesn't sell anymore or can't hold monthlys, then reinvention time.

Incredible Member

Phantom Stranger.

Deadman

original version of Black Orchid.

Vigilante, western version.

Green Arrow, Katana, Mister Terrific, Martian Manhunter, Black Canary, Batwoman, Firestorm, Doom Patrol, Vigilante (not the cowboy), Hawkman/Hawkgirl, Superboy. I don't think we'll get any more Justice League titles either. I hate the idea of always being stuck with the same old guys on the same old team.
    "Fresh air is the best therapy."