Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default Spider's Shadow issue 5 Finale preview

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Indeed. Hoping Johnny doesn't die here, or Mary Jane, for that matter . . . given the symbiote's jealousy of her and all.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Extraordinary Member

This isn't gonna end well

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    This isn't gonna end well
    Probably not.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Probably not.
    In alternative realities, there are no rules, anything can happen; for good or for bad. Even so, I still hope for the best. The symbiote just revealed Mary Jane that Peter loves her.

Now, as they are outside the building, something worries me. You see, the symbiote faced MJ in the preview, but how about if Black Cat appears here too? I mean, what kind of twisted idea could have the symbiote if it gets MJ and Black Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    In alternative realities, there are no rules, anything can happen; for good or for bad. Even so, I still hope for the best. The symbiote just revealed Mary Jane that Peter loves her.

Now, as they are outside the building, something worries me. You see, the symbiote faced MJ in the preview, but how about if Black Cat appears here too? I mean, what kind of twisted idea could have the symbiote if it gets MJ and Black Cat.
    Oh, yeah. Shudder. And what if the symbiote bonds with Black Cat, using their mutual jealousy of Mary Jane for having Peter's love to strengthen and reinforce their bond?

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Oh, yeah. Shudder. And what if the symbiote bonds with Black Cat, using their mutual jealousy of Mary Jane for having Peter's love to strengthen and reinforce their bond?
    that just makes black cat look bad and last issue did enough damage to her already.
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    that just makes black cat look bad and last issue did enough damage to her already.
    What did the last issue do?

Peter made out with Mj. Sure thats ok for MJ but he was still dating Felica I didnt see him break up with her prior to that. Plus for his girlfriend during this period she really plays no role in this story besides getting Jonah to safety. Maybe she will do something next issue but I highly doubt it. Like honestly whats her purpose in this story?

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

plus it leads to another issue i have with his character which is why so many girlfriends or pairings if you are just going to default to MJ at the end? Why bring down other characters to prop up your character? Its the one thing I cant stand with fans in any medium so I dont like it at all

Extraordinary Member

Peter made out with Mj. Sure thats ok for MJ but he was still dating Felica I didnt see him break up with her prior to that. Plus for his girlfriend during this period she really plays no role in this story besides getting Jonah to safety. Maybe she will do something next issue but I highly doubt it. Like honestly whats her purpose in this story?
    Agreed.And it's out of character.Peter isn't a cheater and neither would MJ kiss him knowing about Felicia(this ones a maybe, but peter is 100%).
    I think it's because at that time he was dating Black Cat, it's a what if.Same continuity with one big change that changes a lot and that goes forward.

Extraordinary Member

plus it leads to another issue i have with his character which is why so many girlfriends or pairings if you are just going to default to MJ at the end? Why bring down other characters to prop up your character? Its the one thing I cant stand with fans in any medium so I dont like it at all
    I mean they are good pairings and should be featured in AU's.MJ should be 616 mainstay and have other pairings like Black cat,Kitty pryde and even lesser known ones like Carol and Sable in AU's.
    I do get why they go with MJ here though.
    Yeah, agreed 100%.Never bring other characters down to prop up other ones.They gonna do this in ASM with beyond with Ben and Peter to and f*ck that.

BANNED

Yeah I am a little confused about that to be honest.

I like the way Zdarsky handles the Peter-MJ interactions but it does feel that the Felicia stuff is superfluous at least based on how the comics are going now.

But we'll see.

Astonishing Member

I agree 100% and I am a hard core MJ supporter. Why do I agree? MJ stands above everyone else and has for the past 50 years. Felicia, Gwen ( original), Carlie and everyone else do not need to be put down to build MJ up, MJ wins on her own merits. Obviously the worst example of this was Sins Past and the hatchet job on Gwen, but Felicia knowing she lost to MJ in her own comic was not nice either.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Yeah I am a little confused about that to be honest.

I like the way Zdarsky handles the Peter-MJ interactions but it does feel that the Felicia stuff is superfluous at least based on how the comics are going now.

But we'll see.
    I do wonder if it's telling that Zdarsky completely left Felicia out of Life Story.