Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Honestly I find this new classification of omegas confusing.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Honestly I find this new classification of omegas confusing.
    I was just drifting off. lol An x-gene that is omega is only one primary power so it has nothing to do with secondary mutation. An omega just has one power that simply can't be defined by the laws of physics as we know it. Which is why Storm manipulates weather differently in the world, or the trion dimension but somoene who was a tradional wind manipulator may not be able to do anything because wind doesn't exist in that environment as it does on earth so thee power is defined as wind manipulation in the standards of earth. Emma may not be able to read a species made up of robots because their brain doesn't work on the same fundamentals as the understood principles of what a telepath should be able to do but Jean and Quentin could defy that and find out what the telepathic structure is of a robotic mind and be able to read and influence it. So it's not about levels but rather adapting. JMO though.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

"Comics journalism"? Filthy Mutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Honestly i still don't get people confusion with this. It says undefinable limit.
    I didn't see this post before, but yes - this.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I think Polars biggest problem is for all intents and purposes she has not had her original x-gene until after her death in x-factor. Since before then she had whatever Apoc simulated with celestial technology. One thing imo we do know about lorna original x-gene is that given it is a gene that responds to stress and survival is a strong enough one to develop a secondary mutation. I would love to see that explored.

Basically Polaris i can see not necessarily being excluded from the list because she wasn't fully herself power-wise when the list was created. But i can't say anyone else would have thought of that detail while making the list.
    I was under the impression that when Carey's Five Miles South of the Universe subtly confirmed she was a mutant again, that meant her X-gene was restored. But I'd be okay with Marvel using this as an "out" to why she wasn't included on the original Omega list, that she didn't have her powers truly fully restored until getting resurrected on X-Factor.

At the deepest core of the issue, I'd personally prefer that these classifications not exist at all. They just cause unnecessary fandom infighting while artificially limiting what stories can be told with various characters. They do more to hurt the fiction than help it. But if Marvel's insistent on having it, then I'll keep going over it until it's no longer undermining her potential and possibilities for stories. Especially when Marvel's existing framework means stories can't be told with her that Marvel was able to tell 20 years ago. At the moment, it seems like Marvel is insistent that Lorna being Magneto's daughter means she has to be "less" than him, when Marvel had no such thinking when they weren't related. Such attitudes are a problem with how people at Marvel choose to look at these characters, not their relationship.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Five South of the Universe did solidly confirm Lorna had an x-gene thanks to Cerebra.

As for the list system I don’t give a flying fig if Lorna is Omega or not. The system was always about fanboy ranking characters and nothing more.
    Last edited by jmc247; 08-06-2021 at 03:05 PM.

Being an Omega - it’s about quintessence, perfection, luxury…

(😂 I’m just fuckin’ around! Don’t annihilate me. 🤣 Lorna is powerful and can rival, maybe even surpass, her father. Anyway, these characters are so much more than just their powers.)

Forget Omegas, the future is 4th gen Chimeras!
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    No it's both conditions -- someone outside can't surpass, and no other mutant of the same power type can surpass.
    If that were the case there would not be two telepaths, and FOURTH REALITY ALTERATORS that even if they do it in different ways are still the same, and the fact that there is such a big difference between Franklin and the other 3 makes it difficult to believe that they should all be Omega , especially by Proteus who is the lowest and with the most limitations of those of that group.

And I insist they conveniently ignore the matter of Storm and Thor, and how he would automatically remove Storm from the Omega category, since clearly he has shown several times he is far superior to her.
    Another thing is that Thor prefers to use super strength ... but when he has been necessary, he has shown who is number one in manipulating the weather.

Last edited by Sylarmax; 08-06-2021 at 03:54 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    I totally agree with what you said.
    Polaris' biggest problem was that she left the X-mens too early and went to the X-factor, if she was with the X-mens until today, her powers would be better developed.

There were times in the comics when you could understand that Polaris was more powerful than Magneto, and I always saw Lorna having an easier time accessing the electromagnetic field, the energies than her father.

Issue: X-factor #123
    It states could rival not even a rival. I know this scan and it doesn't indicate Polaris can surpass her father or has greater potential the language used is even uncertain with could foreshadowing rival. When we compare feats it's no contest magneto obliterates lorna she even tells storm that magneto is the biggest dent on the Earth's magnetic field that if everyone one is a tiny ripple in a puddle he is a full blown tidal wave and that he is easy to detect magnetically because of this.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Forget Omegas, the future is 4th gen Chimeras!
    Yes it is Rasputin is coming for names and cheques

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sylarmax View Post
    If that were the case there would not be two telepaths, and FOURTH REALITY ALTERATORS that even if they do it in different ways are still the same, and the fact that there is such a big difference between Franklin and the other 3 makes it difficult to believe that they should all be Omega , especially by Proteus who is the lowest and with the most limitations of those of that group.

And I insist they conveniently ignore the matter of Storm and Thor, and how he would automatically remove Storm from the Omega category, since clearly he has shown several times he is far superior to her.
    Another thing is that Thor prefers to use super strength ... but when he has been necessary, he has shown who is number one in manipulating the weather.

Bruh I already told you Thor is not a weather manipulator he doesn't control the detail of a storm the elements that make it up he simply summons it.storm controls all elements, forces and energies that govern the weather itself on an unparalleled level as she has operated on galactic level and even entire dimensions.
    Please I would like scans of Thor vs storm in weather manipulation where he shows her he is number one when it comes to commanding the storm. Because this scan he won not by out manipulating her he simply won by kissing and sucking the air from her lungs. So that doesn't demonstrate his superior weather manipulating ability. Plus also storm has created an entire climate for a whole planet from scratch climate which involves seasons, weather patterns, elements and forces basically dictating the laws of nature on mars. Please I would like scans of Thor doing something that surpasses that with his manipulation.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    Ohk so arguments on why bobby is less powerful than Amara and why he abd hope shouldn't be omega because bobby has some crazy feats very omega level feats he can even make sentient life
    I don't think I should give too many arguments, Bobby is not that powerful, and is constantly defeated by any decent level enemy and against cosmic level enemies, demons, or planetary level threats it is completely useless.

I believe for a fact he is the weakest Omega mutant of ALL, even if they will take him as an Alpha with great difficulty and he would reach the average level. Bobby only has it easy because in the Marvel universe there are not many ice manipulators or those who wield ice-based powers, and the ones that are there are not a big deal, so to speak he has the easy way to be considered Omega.

Hope on the other hand is also very weak, she is a character that Marvel tried to push down our throats and absolutely failed in the attempt, the only achievements of her were not hers, but because of the Phoenix Force bond. which is why they don't count at all. look so much so that they had to invent a new capacity of their powers to say that it is Omega, because the main power that it showed was literally the weakest in its category that was the mimicry of power, Hope did not support the load of multiple powers and when she tried to imitate a few powers at a time, she would end up in a few seconds fainting for hours or worse for days. LOL

And that was a factor that was constantly repeated.

And given her a new capacity to justify that she is Omega because by mimicry of power she was not, so they invented the current thing that manipulates the powers of others to make them temporarily stronger, that is, Fabián Cortez 2.0, and in this field she is still She hasn't done anything that Fabian hasn't done before any day of the week.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    Five South of the Universe did solidly confirm Lorna had an x-gene thanks to Cerebra.

As for the list system I don’t give a flying fig if Lorna is Omega or not. The system was always about fanboy ranking characters and nothing more.
    People think that if their fave isn't omega then their face is not a good charachter

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    Bruh I already told you Thor is not a weather manipulator he doesn't control the detail of a storm the elements that make it up he simply summons it.storm controls all elements, forces and energies that govern the weather itself on an unparalleled level as she has operated on galactic level and even entire dimensions.
    Please I would like scans of Thor vs storm in weather manipulation where he shows her he is number one when it comes to commanding the storm. Because this scan he won not by out manipulating her he simply won by kissing and sucking the air from her lungs. So that doesn't demonstrate his superior weather manipulating ability. Plus also storm has created an entire climate for a whole planet from scratch climate which involves seasons, weather patterns, elements and forces basically dictating the laws of nature on mars. Please I would like scans of Thor doing something that surpasses that with his manipulation.

He does that. only he prefers the flying brick powers to be more impressive and useful.

Thor has created intergalactic storms I consent.

And roses the times she has faced storm she has surpassed her on her own ground, climatic powers, because if she used the extremely easy Storm killer force in one hit if Thor wanted to, that is to say that should remove her from Omega tango to Ororo.

They have already faced each other several times and all of them have been spent by Thor.
    And Thor hasn't even taken her seriously once, which is the funniest thing.

In King Black it was definitely confirmed Thor is far superior.

Even with the Thor clone being much less powerful than the real one, Storm had to be saved from it by The Invisible Woman and Hercules.
    Last edited by Sylarmax; 08-06-2021 at 04:21 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sylarmax View Post
    I don't think I should give too many arguments, Bobby is not that powerful, and is constantly defeated by any decent level enemy and against cosmic level enemies, demons, or planetary level threats it is completely useless.

I believe for a fact he is the weakest Omega mutant of ALL, even if they will take him as an Alpha with great difficulty and he would reach the average level. Bobby only has it easy because in the Marvel universe there are not many ice manipulators or those who wield ice-based powers, and the ones that are there are not a big deal, so to speak he has the easy way to be considered Omega.

Hope on the other hand is also very weak, she is a character that Marvel tried to push down our throats and absolutely failed in the attempt, the only achievements of her were not hers, but because of the Phoenix Force bond. which is why they don't count at all. look so much so that they had to invent a new capacity of their powers to say that it is Omega, because the main power that it showed was literally the weakest in its category that was the mimicry of power, Hope did not support the load of multiple powers and when she tried to imitate a few powers at a time, she would end up in a few seconds fainting for hours or worse for days. LOL

And that was a factor that was constantly repeated.

And given her a new capacity to justify that she is Omega because by mimicry of power she was not, so they invented the current thing that manipulates the powers of others to make them temporarily stronger, that is, Fabián Cortez 2.0, and in this field she is still She hasn't done anything that Fabian hasn't done before any day of the week.
    These are not arguments these Statements feel salty.....

First and foremost bobby is the only omega on the list that can't be killed conventionally sooo... And he can create sentient independent life and can freeze hell, photons and nuclear reactors. So saying he is weak is a flat out lie.

Now hope the she was a bit forced but she undeniably more powerful than rouge for one she can shut down rouges power amp it or dampen it whilst also mimicking it. So if you believe your girl is supposed to be omega then hope gas her beat since hope's power is simply superior.

Fabian is a power augmentor hope is a power manipulator there is a difference she can merge, synch, mimic, dampen, remove, augment, absorb...etc super powers of mutants to an unlimited degree and possibly even create powers as she did with the five lights. Fabian amps powers, synch mimics powers, rouge absorb power and life force they are not the same as hope hope is superior as she can take their power from them and all they can do is a subset of hers.