Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

I find it super interesting that on the one hand some folks are pushing for Polaris and Magma to be omegas.. cool. Its a matter of perspective but in the same breath they are discrediting Storm. But the thing is if Storm aint Omega than Polaris and Magma definitely are not. Storm's has more feats than both combined and her powers overlap with both mutants. For your arguments, it would better to show why Storm is omega and how Polaris and Magma are similar enough power wise to also be considered.

Furthermore, Bobby has been shown to be way more powerful than Magma since Lobdell got his hands on him.. Once Mikhail showed bobby what was what with his powers he has been on the upswing power wise. I dont even understand why folks dont get how powerful bobby is.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Forget Omegas, the future is 4th gen Chimeras!
    Oh, no, no, no, no, no, D… Omegas will assess, adapt, overpower, and overcome those test tube babies.

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    Being able to make an earthquake or volcano thousands of miles from where those could occur naturally is very different from manipulating the edges of the tectonic plates. Her power involves the entire planet from the core to the crust and everything in between. I don't see how you can create an entirely new mountain in seconds where there is 0 tectonic activity or turn an area which has no potential for volcanic activity into a volcano and dismiss that as just the result of tectonics.

I can't get scans of New Mutants 50 where they fought Magus, but her own quote, which was backed by Xavier, was "my power may be the only thing keeping the planetary core stable and the world itself whole and intact." Her presence was the difference between the planet staying a planet or turning into an asteroid field like Alderaan.

And the idea that the current definition of Omega means limitless is debatable at best. The wording on the definition is deliberately vague and the part about being unable to be surpassed would be completely superfluous if that was what they meant. Outside of the highest-tier reality warpers like Legion I refuse to believe that any of these characters defined as Omegas have unlimited power. Magneto can't move all metal in the known universe at once and Jean and Quentin can't read all minds in the universe at once. If they were truly unlimited in their power they would by definition be able to do those things.
    Agreed With this

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sylarmax View Post
    He does that. only he prefers the flying brick powers to be more impressive and useful.

Thor has created intergalactic storms I consent.

And roses the times she has faced storm she has surpassed her on her own ground, climatic powers, because if she used the extremely easy Storm killer force in one hit if Thor wanted to, that is to say that should remove her from Omega tango to Ororo.

They have already faced each other several times and all of them have been spent by Thor.
    And Thor hasn't even taken her seriously once, which is the funniest thing.

In King Black it was definitely confirmed Thor is far superior.

Even with the Thor clone being much less powerful than the real one, Storm had to be saved from it by The Invisible Woman and Hercules.
    Aahh, are you hard of hearing? I said bring the scans or issues where Thor states or demonstrates that Ororo is beneath him in weather manipulation. Also which issue in king in black was that stated that Thor is stronger than anyone there. I am waiting.

Storm has elemental forces of entire dimensions at one and even healed rifts in said dimensions your point?

Thor's clone threw a hammer with the strength of hulk at her I am sorry she is not telekenetic too to stop the hammer from hitting her. Also didn't she just shut his brain down? Huh wierd isn't it never seen Thor control the elements in a human body let alone on an atomic level all of which storm can and has done. Should I go on?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Paleo_Rage View Post
    I find it super interesting that on the one hand some folks are pushing for Polaris and Magma to be omegas.. cool. Its a matter of perspective but in the same breath they are discrediting Storm. But the thing is if Storm aint Omega than Polaris and Magma definitely are not. Storm's has more feats than both combined and her powers overlap with both mutants. For your arguments, it would better to show why Storm is omega and how Polaris and Magma are similar enough power wise to also be considered.

Furthermore, Bobby has been shown to be way more powerful than Magma since Lobdell got his hands on him.. Once Mikhail showed bobby what was what with his powers he has been on the upswing power wise. I dont even understand why folks dont get how powerful bobby is.
    Didn't storm body Polaris already? I don't know why they think discrediting storm world help their case for her omega status.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Oh, no, no, no, no, no, D… Omegas will assess, adapt, overpower, and overcome those test tube babies.
    Yh but they are cooler though I mean 3 omegas in one that is a rad power.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Agreed it´s more like they have unlimited reach of their powers and this also has been talked about with Monarch, Mister M and Franklin, they all are reality manipulators but on different areas or their power expresses itself on different ways and to address Magneto´s case, it´s been said repeatedly his main problem when his powers get a temporal short circuit has a psycological origin and not in the way his powers generally work.The thing about him is that he already has big feats but those feats can be even bigger in the future because his reach is unlimited and the only thing that holds him back is his internal fight over methods and means as well as his fear of losing his mind while using his powers.

Attachment 112265

Attachment 112266

Now that I think about it, Franklin also has gotten short circuits of his powers after using them for an extended perioud of time or when he feels he´s been abusing them, same case with Jean Grey.

In the case of Lorna, I see her between Alpha and Omega, she has the same type of power Magneto has but we don´t know yet know if her reach is unlimited and when/if this happens then she will defintely be also an omega with or without Magneto on the list.

Now about Rogue, that´s also in question, because I think she has unlimited reach and it´s just that her powers work in different ways than those of Synch or Hope but of the three of them Hope is the only one considered omega.

I think the Omega label is still pretty ambiguous Hickman just added some rules to the category so it made a little more sense.

It is that Rogue and Synch (he has yet to prove it) will probably be classified as Omega, especially Rogue who has already fulfilled the unlimited number several times.
    Hope no, Hope is not Omega by power mimicry, In fact she is the weakest power mimic of all, which is why Rogue and Synch have a clear path.

Hope is considered Omega for being a kind of Fabián Cortez temporarily enhancing the powers of others, and as I said she still has not done anything that Fabián does not do any day of the week

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Filthy Mutie View Post
    I didn't see this post before, but yes - this.
    Well according to synch it is also immeasurable power. So if undefinable is too much English you can use that one...lol

BANNED

It is that Rogue and Synch (he has yet to prove it) will probably be classified as Omega, especially Rogue who has already fulfilled the unlimited number several times.
    Hope no, Hope is not Omega by power mimicry, In fact she is the weakest power mimic of all, which is why Rogue and Synch have a clear path.

Hope is considered Omega for being a kind of Fabián Cortez temporarily enhancing the powers of others, and as I said she still has not done anything that Fabián does not do any day of the week
    How is hope the weakest power mimic you keep saying stuff you are not backing up. Where on paper has rouge gotten the upper hand on hopes ability to mimic, if memory serves me correctly isn't she the amalgamation of all mutant power? All of them rolled into one? That is cannon plus she doesn't need to drain your life force to mimic your power and can use said power at their ultimate expression. So how is she the weakest power mimic? Please explain.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    The strange thing is that Ororo needs to be omega in in many different powers in order to perform omega level weather manipulation: electrokinesis, thermokinesis, hydrokinesis, atmokinesis…….she’s really the omega’s omega.
    Last edited by Daedra; 08-06-2021 at 04:48 PM.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    I was under the impression that when Carey's Five Miles South of the Universe subtly confirmed she was a mutant again, that meant her X-gene was restored. But I'd be okay with Marvel using this as an "out" to why she wasn't included on the original Omega list, that she didn't have her powers truly fully restored until getting resurrected on X-Factor.

At the deepest core of the issue, I'd personally prefer that these classifications not exist at all. They just cause unnecessary fandom infighting while artificially limiting what stories can be told with various characters. They do more to hurt the fiction than help it. But if Marvel's insistent on having it, then I'll keep going over it until it's no longer undermining her potential and possibilities for stories. Especially when Marvel's existing framework means stories can't be told with her that Marvel was able to tell 20 years ago. At the moment, it seems like Marvel is insistent that Lorna being Magneto's daughter means she has to be "less" than him, when Marvel had no such thinking when they weren't related. Such attitudes are a problem with how people at Marvel choose to look at these characters, not their relationship.
    Nope lorna is obscure compared to magneto, lorna is a hero magneto is a villan the big bad of the xmen infact. For him to be an effective villan he must have unparalleled power hence him being omega makes sense. What has lorna done that tops magneto in terms of feats that is what this thread is about. Because I have read a lot of comics and I am yet to see lorna do something that blows magneto out of the park.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    One is born an Omega, not made one.

The bobby thing is - a fact is not that powerful.

And I respect Hope you are wrong.
    Hope is much weaker than Rogue and Synch, now defining the three power mimics in question.

Hope: she only has this ability to imitate powers, and increasing other people's powers does nothing else.

And in the imitation of powers she IS VERY WEAK AND LIMITED she cannot support more than a few powers a.
    the time..and she faints for hours or days if she does.
    And everything she does is temporary.

Synch :.
    She can be temporarily synchronized with other powers, I don't know how many powers she can hold, but it has not been seen that she does not support the load like Hope, this makes him superior to her.

Rogue: It is the upper limit here, she not only takes life force, she takes minds, powers, emotions, physical and intellectual abilities.
    and specifically in the taking of powers and vital energy, in both aspects it has been shown to be unlimited and fulfills the Omega definition.

Hope must have given her a new power to justify her as Omega and I insist she still has not done anything that Fabián Cortez does not do the same or better.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    The strange thing is that Ororo needs to be omega in in many different powers in order to perform omega level weather manipulation: electrokinesis, thermokinesis, hydrokinesis, atmokinesis…….
    Exactly it's a lot of abilities rolled into one kinda like a stock omega ability. And the nature of it tooo makes it one of the most versatile omega abilities, if it has something to do with weather she has omega level control over it. And universally there is little that has nothing to do with weather.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    One is born an Omega, not made one.

At this moment we don't discriminate on whether you are a test tube baby or a natural born omega is omega. Lol