Super Moderator

Default PREVIEW: Hulk, #6

THE OMEGA HULK!!!

• The surprising new direction continues after ORIGINAL SIN
    • Can RICK JONES survive "DOC GREEN'S" Gamma cure?
    • A secret behind the "antidote" revealed!

Full article here.

Halls of Hulk Twin Titan jaxthejester's Avatar

Can RICK JONES survive "DOC GREEN'S" Gamma cure?

To be honest, I hadn't given much thought to the notion of Hulk's cure accidentally killing off its intended users.

It would certainly put a damper on Doc Green's efforts if he killed his old side kick by mistake...

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Sweet. If Rick dies, I can see Doc pretending it never happened.

I am really liking this new direction, even Bagley's pencils feel more alive and put to better use with Duggan than Waid.
    Pull List
    Avengers, Captain America, Daredevil, Fantastic Four, Hulk, Iron Man, Spider-Man, Thor, Wolverine, Uncanny X-Men
    Justice League, Action Comics, Superman, Detective Comics, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Flash, Aquaman, Cyborg

BANNED

Interesting developments for the next issue.

Spectacular Member

Can someone spoil me whats been going on with the hulk? I read on here he was given extremis and it caused him to have a new perosnality? is this true? Is his current goal to dehulk all the hulks. If so why?

Quote Originally Posted by drwho View Post
    Can someone spoil me whats been going on with the hulk? I read on here he was given extremis and it caused him to have a new perosnality? is this true? Is his current goal to dehulk all the hulks. If so why?
    Extremis made him extremely, fightingly intelligent. SO much so that he doesn't sleep, and operates by using pure logic. At least...that's the impression I got from reading the first issue.

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

I'm very interested in the direction this book is going. After being terribly underwhelmed by most of Waid's run (with the exception of the OS tie-in, which was surprisingly good), Duggan looks to be getting things chugging. I'm definitely interested in learning more about the Doc Green persona.

From a big picture standpoint, it could be argued that editorial wants a bunch of the other Hulks depowered to try and bring the characters closer to the status quo, which I'm not crazy about. I don't mind if Rick/Abomb gets depowered because not much was done with him in that state, but I want both Betty and General Ross to maintain their red Hulk-ness. Giving those two powers was the best thing to happen to either character in years, and it'd be a shame if they were taken away. And we know Jen won't get depowered because she has a shiny new solo title.

It'd be interesting if, instead of depowering all the other Hulks, they made a Hulks team-up book. Kinda like Pak's Incredible Hulks, but more team/mission oriented. It could also be called a not-crappy version of Agents of S.M.A.S.H.
    Last edited by Sam Robards, Comic Fan; 08-25-2014 at 01:41 PM.
    What can I say but, "I love comics."

Astonishing Member

i can't see them permanently depowering or killing off the hulks when they just renewed agents of SMASH (ordinarily i wouldn't assume they'd synergise that much, but with ultimate spidey doing their own version of spider-verse while spider-verse is on, plus a guardians cartoon; i'd say the the dread eye of mickey is at least pointed in that direction)

lyra and betty though, do not have that protection

any chance whatever happens to the hulks might factor into skullslaught unleashing Kluh?

This version of the Hulk is certainly fast, snatching that missile out of the air with ease.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Robards, Comic Fan View Post
    I'm very interested in the direction this book is going. After being terribly underwhelmed by most of Waid's run (with the exception of the OS tie-in, which was surprisingly good), Duggan looks to be getting things chugging. I'm definitely interested in learning more about the Doc Green persona.

From a big picture standpoint, it could be argued that editorial wants a bunch of the other Hulks depowered to try and bring the characters closer to the status quo, which I'm not crazy about. I don't mind if Rick/Abomb gets depowered because not much was done with him in that state, but I want both Betty and General Ross to maintain their red Hulk-ness. Giving those two powers was the best thing to happen to either character in years, and it'd be a shame if they were taken away. And we know Jen won't get depowered because she has a shiny new solo title.

It'd be interesting if, instead of depowering all the other Hulks, they made a Hulks team-up book. Kinda like Pak's Incredible Hulks, but more team/mission oriented. It could also be called a not-crappy version of Agents of S.M.A.S.H.
    Would be interesting if Doc Green made the rest of the Hulks his own personal agents to do solo missions and occasionally team-up with them in order to stop foes/threats that no other hero or heroes can possibly handle. You've got to admit, that would make an interesting secondary ongoing title.

Well, counting the main Hulk title & the Savage Hulk ongoing, that'd be 3 Hulk titles. I'd enjoy that. I mean, look at how many damn Avengers, Spider-Man, and X-Men titles there are!

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Robards, Comic Fan View Post

I would be disappointed if they de-powered them as well. Their books were excellent and I loved what Jeff Parker did. I'm tired of Marvel having hero's fighting other hero's. They should create new villains or bring back old favorites.

Incredible Member

I doubt any of the de-powering will be "permanent", since I think "Doc Green" is the type to make contingencies for any obstacle that will affect his agenda. Either that, or someone in Doc Green's inner circle of rogue scientists might have put in a "back door" program into the nanites to allow for a re-powering just in case. After all, one of the scientists was surprised that Doc Green did not develop a cure for HIM.

You'd think that Marvel would not want their Hulks de-powered in order to have synergy with the cartoon. A-Bomb has been just as important as Hulk in that show and so I thought they would want to have A-Bomb come back into comics and stay like that.

Also it would be a shame if they de-powered either of the Reds because yes it is the best thing to happen to the characters in years and without those powers, they would probably fade into total obscurity. Being hulkified is the only thing causing Betty to even cameo in a comic these days.

I can't see them de-powering Jen. I'd be surprised if they did.

I know there are a bunch of Hulk characters these days but I think it's fine to have a few of them. I'm rooting against Doc Green's success in story here, but it does look like an interesting story to read nonetheless.
    Favourite DC Characters: Supergirl, Pandora, Red Lantern Bleez, Larfleeze
    BRING BACK PANDORA!

http://i.imgur.com/fq7hazv.png

Hyped for Pokémon Sun and Moon! Nickname your Sun Legend after me!

"There are two main times when comic book fans gripe: When something changes and when something stays the same."
    Cyborg is a Leaguer forever, not a Titan

Fantastic Member

I like to see how this is going to end. Hulk may go just balls out feral after this. Lenny Status.