Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Great Movie! It was a lot of fun.

Polka Dot man not surviving is a travesty. Not only did I end up caring about him he was also quite dangerous for a joke character. He could have gotten so much villain cred had he survived. Gotta pour one out for you buddy :'(

Who would have thought Ratcatcher would end up being the heart of the movie? I thought her naivety would annoy me and make her a liability and thankfully that never happened. I want to see more of her.

I'm in favor of Bloodsport replacing Deadshot in the squad. For the film series at least. Likable and his adaptable weapons made him different enough that I didn't feel like he was a discount Lloyd.

I'm not fond of Starro losing to a swarm of rats. A monster as strong as him losing to rats? C'mon
    They ate him alive from the inside out. There's no shame in that, just agony

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    I didn't get that vibe at all.
    I did based on the fact that she allows her team to openly bet on who dies on the missions as well as her playing golf in her office while they watch. Additionally it doesn't look like anyone was fired from her group after she got knocked out, she just punished them in her own way.

Incredible Member

The end battle with Starro immediately made me think of the season 1 finale of Doom Patrol with Ezekiel the cockroach. Was hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by ComicJunkie21 View Post
    I did based on the fact that she allows her team to openly bet on who dies on the missions as well as her playing golf in her office while they watch. Additionally it doesn't look like anyone was fired from her group after she got knocked out, she just punished them in her own way.
    Well the betting thing was it bring a dark comedy, not "laugh out loud" funny like the Office. And I didn't see her keeping them alive at the end played as a joke/funny moment. But, opinions and all that.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    -- Capaldi was really good here - I'm surprised the Thinker was as prominent as he was. I wish they had an instance of him using some kind of "super thinking" though rather than just being an evil scientist.
    Good point. I was expecting him to have mind control over Starro.

I was surprised that Waller didn't have all of them killed.
    That's logistically more difficult than maybe we're imagining. How does Waller know that when she was knocked out, her subordinates didn't contact their families and warn them of what they were doing, why, and possible repercussions from Waller? Or any number of other reasons. It's hard to kill a roomful of people and cover it up.

Quote Originally Posted by hairys View Post
    That's logistically more difficult than maybe we're imagining. How does Waller know that when she was knocked out, her subordinates didn't contact their families and warn them of what they were doing, why, and possible repercussions from Waller? Or any number of other reasons. It's hard to kill a roomful of people and cover it up.
    That's something she could easily uncover, though. They work at an Uber top secret center doing black ops. I'd be very surprised if she already didn't have their phones tapped, if only to make sure they aren't selling secrets. Remember, she already knew dude was planning to betray them in the beginning and planned her battle strategy around that fact.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

They definitely have made Waller distinctive enough from Nick Fury in this movie. I can't imagine Fury ever being as casually evil as Waller is capable to being.

I was surprised that Waller didn't have all of them killed.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    I don't think Waller would leave that kind of evidence and killing her entire staff would be more trouble than it's worth
    Actually, I think that glance she gave out her window into the office could have meant she was considering having them all killed. Wouldn't put it past her.

I feel like the first group that was killed off was Gunn calling up his friends and saying "You want to play a superhero for five minutes?" I wasn't surprised that almost all of them were killed (though Nathan Fillion died hard, screaming in agony as his arms were blasted apart), and I knew that at least one of them had to have their heads blown off by Waller- but I was surprised that Savant of all people was the one to panic and try to run away.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    They definitely have made Waller distinctive enough from Nick Fury in this movie. I can't imagine Fury ever being as casually evil as Waller is capable to being.
    Yeah, Fury is more manipulative (dipping the Captain America cards in Coulson's blood to give the team a push) than evil. Waller probably belongs in Belle Reve as a prisoner.

Incredible Member

That's something she could easily uncover, though. They work at an Uber top secret center doing black ops. I'd be very surprised if she already didn't have their phones tapped, if only to make sure they aren't selling secrets. Remember, she already knew dude was planning to betray them in the beginning and planned her battle strategy around that fact.
    But then would she have to kill their families, too? What I was getting at is that if they had warned their families about possible upcoming repercussions, then the families would know it was Waller and foul play that killed them and not some sort of accident or other cover story.

Waller *can* get her revenge but it can't be immediate and can't be all-at-once with all the subordinates. Maybe in 3 years one of them has an accident while on vacation and in 5 years, one of them gets home-invaded and killed, etc.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I would think Waller can just torture or blackmail one of them into snitching if she really wants to find out who did it.

Fantastic Member

Yea I thought the opening was beyond stupid and silly and the movie itself wasn’t interesting…Harley Quinn shouldn’t be the focus of anything..severely disappointed becuase I loved James Gunn GOfG …this wasn’t much better than the first tragedy.

Loved the movie overall. Just cant get over Boomerang, Flag and Polka Dot Man getting killed off.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by InfamousBG View Post
    Loved the movie overall. Just cant get over Boomerang, Flag and Polka Dot Man getting killed off.
    Rick Flag was the real shock for me.

I had a feeling that Boomerang would get killed off and that I knew that Polka Dot Man would get killed (although not that abruptly..LOL).

I expected some of the members of the team from the first movie to get offed but I expected Flag (alongside Waller) to be a constant character.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Rick Flag was the real shock for me.

I had a feeling that Boomerang would get killed off and that I knew that Polka Dot Man would get killed (although not that abruptly..LOL).

I expected some of the members of the team from the first movie to get offed but I expected Flag (alongside Waller) to be a constant character.
    Ya the Flag death was a shocker. Especially Peacemaker killing him off. Wonder how that will play out in the series coming up.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime