Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I liked the Boomer bit the dust. Hopefully that means that Owen Mercer could pop off and replace him.

Ultimate Member

Shame about Boomer, but at least he got some hits in

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Shame about Boomer, but at least he got some hits in
    Ya I love Boomerang. Sad to see him go. Love the actor as well.
    Last edited by InfamousBG; 08-06-2021 at 05:09 PM.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

This version of Bloodsport is suppose to British? Idris Elba uses his natural accent but the guy is ex-American special forces and served with Flagg. I'm a little confused.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by InfamousBG View Post
    Loved the movie overall. Just cant get over Boomerang, Flag and Polka Dot Man getting killed off.
    Gotta do it, man. Gunn wants it to feel like anyone can die, although I do think everyone has figured out that Ratcatcher and Bloodsport probably won't.

Ya the Flag death was a shocker. Especially Peacemaker killing him off. Wonder how that will play out in the series coming up.
    For me, personally, when I saw the Cena heel-turn and where it was going, I knew Flag was dead. It fits with there not needing to be two field leaders, and now Bloodsport can just have that role to himself in future movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    This version of Bloodsport is suppose to British? Idris Elba uses his natural accent but the guy is ex-American special forces and served with Flagg. I'm a little confused.
    Yes, this Bloodsport is British.

Quote Originally Posted by hairys View Post
    Gotta do it, man. Gunn wants it to feel like anyone can die, although I do think everyone has figured out that Ratcatcher and Bloodsport probably won't.

For me, personally, when I saw the Cena heel-turn and where it was going, I knew Flag was dead. It fits with there not needing to be two field leaders, and now Bloodsport can just have that role to himself in future movies.

Yes, this Bloodsport is British.
    Clearly Cena wasn't there to be a field leader. Waller knew that his sense of patriotism would override his camaraderie with the team. He was insurance

I am really looking forward to the Peacemaker series for HBO Max even more now after all that went down in the movie.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Maybe he served with Flagg in Rainbow Six

Going in I knew there would be a lot of deaths (I spoiled myself), but the one I kept hoping was wrong, and the one that got me the most, was Flagg. I hated that they killed him.

But what surprised me is that I expected to hate Peacemaker after that, and I didn't. Even when he was holding a gun to Ratcatcher II's head, I didn't hate him. I kind of felt bad for him. You could see he was taking no pleasure in either act (as opposed to him being happy to shoot the secretary when they were going to rescue Harley), and that while he was conflicted, he still felt he had to do it. It makes me even more eager to see his series next year.

I enjoyed the hell out of this movie. It's certainly what I'd come to expect from a James Gunn superhero movie, down to the comedy to even the soundtrack. I found enjoyment in every single character here, my favourites would have to be Bloodsport and Rat-Catcher 2. Idris Elba always brings something to his roles, so even if a movie is lacking, which this isn't, you'd expect him to be good in it, it's the same here, even if Bloodsport is supposed to be a discount Deadshot, I like him more than I did DS in the first, he plays the begrudging hero and leader who wants to come off as all bad and tough while actually being a decent guy well. Rat-Catcher was a surprise, I didn't expect to like her so much, she's pretty damn innocent and likeable, has a pretty tragic story and even saves the day, I'd love to see more of her. Margot Robbie per usual kills it as Harley, and has arguably the most badass scene in the movie, and demonstrates Harley's out of her godamn mind. Rick Flagg was another surprise, I didn't dislike or hate him in the first but I was indifferent to him like I was with a lot of things in the first, so Imagine my shock when I feel a gut punch with his death, the movie did him justice since his death hit hard. John Cena's Peace-Maker was great, he plays this patriotic douchebag role well, I liked his character a lot, but he's quite irredeemable as a bad guy in my eyes by the end of it. So I'm curious how he'll be in his show. Also Sylvestor Stallone, arguably one of the best actors with his name attached to his movie, kills it as King Shark.
    Last edited by GSman; 08-06-2021 at 10:35 PM.

I liked it overall, but didn't care for the opening slaughter/reasoning behind it.

Armies, being made up of large groups of people, actually can in two places at once. I figured the team would get slaughtered, but thought team 2 was being sent in to rescue them.

Also, if Waller deliberately sent Flag into the line of fire, why'd she bother to send the team to bail him out?

It also would have been nice if another character from the first team survived (Weasel doesn't count). Boomer complaining could have been hilarious.

But still far better than the first one and still pretty enjoyable
    They were all in one place at the beginning because the one dude told them the "plan." Waller was counting on that so they'd commit all their forces to that one area.

Also, she told them to get Flagg because she really just wanted them to kill all the freedom fighters.

Astonishing Member

I actually liked how ballsy Gunn was with killing characters. I never would’ve thought Rick Flag would bite the dust - yet he does. I really love how distinctive and different this movie feels from the first one. It really feels everything got a major upgrade in terms of writing, direction, and cinematography. You can watch both Ayer movie and this movie back to back and be stunned by how much a night and day difference they are in quality between each other.
    Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 08-09-2021 at 12:36 PM.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

I was hoping the guy they fished out of the rubble was Flag. Alas.

Anyway, I liked it a lot. Starro was ridiculous spectacle and I loved every moment of it.

Incredible Member

I liked it overall, but didn't care for the opening slaughter/reasoning behind it.

Armies, being made up of large groups of people, actually can in two places at once. I figured the team would get slaughtered, but thought team 2 was being sent in to rescue them.

Also, if Waller deliberately sent Flag into the line of fire, why'd she bother to send the team to bail him out?

It also would have been nice if another character from the first team survived (Weasel doesn't count). Boomer complaining could have been hilarious.

But still far better than the first one and still pretty enjoyable
    as bloodsport mentioned, waller always have a backup, she obviously did not see blackguard betraying the first team and the first team getting slaughtered.

Incredible Member

I am really looking forward to the Peacemaker series for HBO Max even more now after all that went down in the movie.
    i'm hoping the series will close the tangling plotlines from the movie , i.e waller sending him after weasel or peacemaker going after bloodsport for revenge etc.

Ultimate Member

While I found that Weasel character to be a little too silly, I must confess that I actually laughed when he woke up at the end and ran into the jungle.

His running and movement looked very ridiculous.