Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 LastLast

Just saw it at a local small theatre. It was just ok. Captured the comic book feel, I guess, but I'll never have a reason to watch it again.

Might have liked the Ayers one better, tbh. Kind of a toss up.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    The rat finally won Bloodsport's heart !

In the end ...its a great film for sure. I hope Warner Media people realize that the double whammy of Covid pandemic and it being on HBO Max hurt its box office. Warners should have held off a week or 2 before doing HBO Max really.
    The double release has been WB MO for this entire year. It did wonders for them with the Synder Cut, Godzilla vs Kong, and Mortal Kombat.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Dat's de joke.
    The joke is that Robbie can't quite nail the Harley accent. But it's okay because she makes an awesome Harley nonetheless. ^^

I feel for John Cena. He's been in two franchise movies that are objectively way better than its predecessor(s) [the other being Bumblebee, which he was also pretty great in] that didn't do too hotly in the theatres. =(
    Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mormel View Post
    The joke is that Robbie can't quite nail the Harley accent. But it's okay because she makes an awesome Harley nonetheless. ^^

I feel for John Cena. He's been in two franchise movies that are objectively way better than its predecessor(s) [the other being Bumblebee, which he was also pretty great in] that didn't do too hotly in the theatres, one being because of ongoing Covid fears and a dual release for free with an HBO Max subscription =(
    There. Fixed it for you.

Christ, when are people going to stop acting like covid is waaaaay in our rear view and is not a factor in how some of the movies are performing at the box office.
    Geek / Gamer / Filmmaker / Indy Pro Wrestler
    @SebastionEnvi (Twitter/Instagram)
    youtube.com/SkunkLifeMedia

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    There. Fixed it for you.

Christ, when are people going to stop acting like covid is waaaaay in our rear view and is not a factor in how some of the movies are performing at the box office.
    It is a factor, but its basically impossible to isolate how much of lower BO is due to COVID-fear vs how much is due to same-day streaming (and how much is a combo). we also don't know whether the R-rating played a role (I would certainly argue that was the case with Birds of Prey, not so sure here). Too many confounding variables. Personally i think same-day streaming has more of an impact, but again until we get some big blockbuster movies that don't have a same-day streaming option, there's aren't a lot of apples-to-apples comparisons out there

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    There. Fixed it for you.

Maybe when ppl stop going around trying to "fix" other's views. We'll be at the start of something.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mormel View Post
    I thought she totally nailed it here. I think this movie has her best performance as the character.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    The double release has been WB MO for this entire year. It did wonders for them with the Synder Cut, Godzilla vs Kong, and Mortal Kombat.
    lol, not at all. Of all big HBO Max releases the Snyder Cut had the lowest viewership numbers and that even despite the fact that it was the only one that was released exclusively there. The others also drew people to theaters at the same time, making the Snyder Cut numbers look even poorer.
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    I thought she totally nailed it here. I think this movie has her best performance as the character.
    DEFINITELY agree with this.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by chicago_bastard View Post
    lol, not at all. Of all big HBO Max releases the Snyder Cut had the lowest viewership numbers and that even despite the fact that it was the only one that was released exclusively there. The others also drew people to theaters at the same time, making the Snyder Cut numbers look even poorer.
    Only Netflix seems to be able to compete with theatres in terms of number of eyeballs on movies and tv shows released on their service. All the other streaming services numbers are pittance in comparison.

Then again their metric of view count also is a bit bonkers.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    Only Netflix seems to be able to compete with theatres in terms of number of eyeballs on movies and tv shows released on their service. All the other streaming services numbers are pittance in comparison.

Then again their metric of view count also is a bit bonkers.
    Netflix has about 200 million subscribers give or take. Only Disney+ can rival them in terms of subs (100 million). Even with that it's difficult to measure what is considered a success on the platform as those numbers are never made public

Quote Originally Posted by chicago_bastard View Post
    I didn't watch the Snyder Cut on HBO Max though. It also has a 70 million dollar budget, so...its costed to have less people watch it.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Incredible Member

I liked the movie but it's always fun to see the Pitch Meeting

It is really hard to figure out what is a success on streaming (the exception is Disney+ charging for new movies.) But it isn't clear for each movie. In general Disney+ has 100 million subscribers at about $8 a month, that is $7.2 billion in gross income per year. That is a lot of money. But against that is their costs. And they have quite a few properties that cost hundreds of millions. To compare, in 2019 their studio box office was $11 billion. And that was for a lot less content than they are doing for streaming. Not saying they will lose money, but it isn't a straight 2+2=4.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hairys View Post
    I liked the movie but it's always fun to see the Pitch Meeting

"i understand the joke sir, I just hate it."

LOL I love me some Pitch Meetings.
    Geek / Gamer / Filmmaker / Indy Pro Wrestler
    @SebastionEnvi (Twitter/Instagram)
    youtube.com/SkunkLifeMedia