Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Because she didn't have to. They were told to save Flagg and his squad got wiped. Not like they can walk into camp and ask for him back.
    Yeah, but they could do some simple recon and understand that he's not being held by government forces

Ultimate Member

This was so great:

James Gunn is a master of dark comedy. There’s so many violent, brutal, and messed up scenes in this, that were also freaking hysterical. But the film new when to get serious as well.

Margot Robbie was born to play Harley. She is so good and I loved how they depicted Harley’s fighting style here.

This movie made Waller seem like far more of a monster, and Viola Davis can be terrifying when she wants to be.

John Cena was the big surprise of this move. He was fantastic. He managed to make Peacemaker both really funny, and downright scary. And also humanize him to a degree. I’m really looking forward to the Peacemaker show now.

Ratcatcher 2 was probably the character I ended up empathizing with the most. Out of all of them, she was the one I wanted to survive the most. And I hope we get to see her again in a future DC project. Also more of that actress in general. Breakout role for her hopefully.

It was sad to see Flagg (wow was he SO MUCH BETTER here than in the first film), Boomerang, and Polka-Dot Man go. But I get why they were killed off.

The third act was maybe the best third act of a DC film in a LONG time.

Etc.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Yeah, but they could do some simple recon and understand that he's not being held by government forces
    Again, Waller wanted them to kill the rebels. That's why she told them the were "the Enemy" and extremely dangerous.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    Again, Waller wanted them to kill the rebels. That's why she told them the were "the Enemy" and extremely dangerous.
    Did she know that, or simply assume that? It's not like her planning was all that great. Without the rebels, the Squad wouldn't have had any support to accomplish their mission.

Did she know that, or simply assume that? It's not like her planning was all that great. Without the rebels, the Squad wouldn't have had any support to accomplish their mission.
    You guys are really selling Waller short lol she has satellite footage of the camp and it's freaking Amanda Waller. Yes, I am positive she knew exactly what she was doing.

And they didn't really use the rebels as backup. Their plan didn't rely on them at all.

Ultimate Member

You guys are really selling Waller short lol she has satellite footage of the camp and it's freaking Amanda Waller. Yes, I am positive she knew exactly what she was doing.

And they didn't really use the rebels as backup. Their plan didn't rely on them at all.
    It's pretty stupid of her to 1) Attack their only allies and 2) Piss off everyone on the island.

Without the rebels, the Squad had no way to infiltrate the club to snatch Thinker, no ability to move freely (people notice human sharks and weird gear) and the entire mission would have been compromised.

So she was either uninformed or pretty damn stupid. And I wouldn't think she'd have satellite footage, as the jungle is pretty good at concealing stuff. Everyone has satellites these days, they just call it Google earth

It's pretty stupid of her to 1) Attack their only allies and 2) Piss off everyone on the island.

Without the rebels, the Squad had no way to infiltrate the club to snatch Thinker, no ability to move freely (people notice human sharks and weird gear) and the entire mission would have been compromised.

So she was either uninformed or pretty damn stupid. And I wouldn't think she'd have satellite footage, as the jungle is pretty good at concealing stuff. Everyone has satellites these days, they just call it Google earth
    The whole point of Taskforce X is that they're expendable. So if they didn't have the rebels, they would just have to find another way in or be killed, she doesn't really care.

And she also doesn't care about pissing off the Islanders because this was always just a snatch and grab mission. She doesn't care about relations between the nations.

Ultimate Member

The whole point of Taskforce X is that they're expendable. So if they didn't have the rebels, they would just have to find another way in or be killed, she doesn't really care.

And she also doesn't care about pissing off the Islanders because this was always just a snatch and grab mission. She doesn't care about relations between the nations.
    They may be expendable, but they're still needed to, ya know, accomplish the mission.

They may be expendable, but they're still needed to, ya know, accomplish the mission.
    Which they still could have done without the rebels. They didn't give them any assistance that was crucial to mission success. They did make things a bit easier but it wouldn't be impossible for the Squad to have achieved the mission another way. I say this after just rewatching those scenes in particular.

Ultimate Member

Which they still could have done without the rebels. They didn't give them any assistance that was crucial to mission success. They did make things a bit easier but it wouldn't be impossible for the Squad to have achieved the mission another way. I say this after just rewatching those scenes in particular.
    They didn't have transport or clothing without the rebels and given that they had to deal with King Shark, acquiring that without the rebels would have just endangered them more.

You're assuming Waller is being needlessly malicious when really, she was just uninformed. If she wanted them all dead, she would have informed the team that they were rebels and to kill them regardless.

Incredible Member

They're expendable... in furtherance of the mission. I don't see why Waller would waste an asset like the rebels instead of pointing them in the direction of the common enemy. And that rebel leader did end up helping Task Force X by putting them on the bus with what's-his-name (I feel like Harley right now!).

Look, it's a minor point and not worth getting into a heated argument over. But I do suspect Waller didn't know that they were friendly rebels as opposed to the enemy holding Flag hostage. And while we're here, I do think the rebel leader helping out Task Force X after they just brutally slaughtered everyone in her camp was a little hard to believe. Not a big deal, though.

Quote Originally Posted by hairys View Post
    They're expendable... in furtherance of the mission. I don't see why Waller would waste an asset like the rebels instead of pointing them in the direction of the common enemy. And that rebel leader did end up helping Task Force X by putting them on the bus with what's-his-name (I feel like Harley right now!).

Look, it's a minor point and not worth getting into a heated argument over. But I do suspect Waller didn't know that they were friendly rebels as opposed to the enemy holding Flag hostage. And while we're here, I do think the rebel leader helping out Task Force X after they just brutally slaughtered everyone in her camp was a little hard to believe. Not a big deal, though.
    I never said they didn't help. My point is their assistance wasn't crucial.

And helping the rebels only puts the mission (making sure she gets the disk back) in more danger. Hell, rescuing Flagg does that too. It makes less sense that she'd do that than the alternative, imo. She didn't need Flagg, as she already had a "leader" with Bloodsport. They even hint at this when he asks why she has 2 people on the team with the sane skill set, but we now know the real reason PK was there.

Ultimate Member

I never said they didn't help. My point is their assistance wasn't crucial.

And helping the rebels only puts the mission (making sure she gets the disk back) in more danger. Hell, rescuing Flagg does that too. It makes less sense that she'd do that than the alternative, imo. She didn't need Flagg, as she already had a "leader" with Bloodsport. They even hint at this when he asks why she has 2 people on the team with the sane skill set, but we now know the real reason PK was there.
    They weren't about helping the rebels, though, just getting their man back. The more people they had, the greater the chance of success. I simply can't see Waller wanting the rebels dead, and if she did, leaving her wording vague in the hopes that the squad would kill them all. She can blow up their heads with a switch, she doesn't have to be nice.

Incredible Member

maybe i didn't catch it but what hideous crimes did ratcatcher 2 commit to be in a max prison. seemed way too sweet and nice.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

They didn't have transport or clothing without the rebels and given that they had to deal with King Shark, acquiring that without the rebels would have just endangered them more.

You're assuming Waller is being needlessly malicious when really, she was just uninformed. If she wanted them all dead, she would have informed the team that they were rebels and to kill them regardless.
    She is needlessly malicious. She got Bloodsport cooperation by threating to get her sent to Belle Reve for shop lifting. Had one of her best operatives lead the team meant to die. I don't see Waller giving a damn about rebels and how they can help.