Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by InfamousBG View Post
    Wow I had no idea Jon B did that. Kind of sucks...actually it really sucks. Lost some respect for him now.
    The comment section pointed out that Bernthal hates that the police and right-wing groups are using the Punisher symbol. He was pointing at that symbol to condemn it. It seems the article's author jumped the gun there.

Eye-rolling bajuszbetyár The Invincible Beawulf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by InfamousBG View Post
    Wow I had no idea Jon B did that. Kind of sucks...actually it really sucks. Lost some respect for him now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I'm confused. Did Jon Bernthal post the picture as a way to show support to the police unit? Wasn't he among the people who criticized the misuse of the Punisher symbol earlier this year?
    The article seems to be clickbait & the author was jumping to conclusions... Bernthal has emphasized on several occasions that far-right folks simply misinterpret what the character stands for leading to their misuse of the skull symbol.
    BL and comics fan. 🌈 ----- For those saying BL is "pandering to fujos! Too girly! It's fetishization!!!" --> https://www.fujoshi.info/ (a website with academic resources on Queer Media Studies in Asia and LGBTQIA+ history)

The queer body has been used as a battleground, has been criminalized, ostracized, and many times erased from their own histories. -- Alesha Byrne (University of San Francisco)

Incredible Member

Not impressed with the author of that article jumping to conclusions.

And not impressed with readers of that article then jumping to conclusions about Bernthal.

Don't trust the press. Do your research and come to your own conclusions!

Quote Originally Posted by hairys View Post
    Not impressed with the author of that article jumping to conclusions.

And not impressed with readers of that article then jumping to conclusions about Bernthal.

Don't trust the press. Do your research and come to your own conclusions!

Yeah, actually I was VERY confused about the article knowing that Bernthal had heavily criticized the misuse of The Punisher & his symbol. That's why I posted the article here... I wanted to know the reactions/opinions of other ppl & that I was not the only one to find this article puzzling.
    BL and comics fan. 🌈 ----- For those saying BL is "pandering to fujos! Too girly! It's fetishization!!!" --> https://www.fujoshi.info/ (a website with academic resources on Queer Media Studies in Asia and LGBTQIA+ history)

The queer body has been used as a battleground, has been criminalized, ostracized, and many times erased from their own histories. -- Alesha Byrne (University of San Francisco)

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    The comment section pointed out that Bernthal hates that the police and right-wing groups are using the Punisher symbol. He was pointing at that symbol to condemn it. It seems the article's author jumped the gun there.
    Yes you are right, thank you. I did some research this morning and Bernthal does not like the right wing and the police using the symbol the way they do. Good now I am happy. For a second there i was a bit upset because I love Bernthal.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

I hope this mini series doesn't end up with Frank killing innocents/non-combatants and after that him dying or worse turning truly evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I hope this mini series doesn't end up with Frank killing innocents/non-combatants and after that him dying or worse turning truly evil.
    Same opinion. Hope we'll see more Punisher stories in the future. But I'm not so sure about this mini because, well... Jason Aaron. He definitely has some good stories - it's said that Scalped (not Marvel, but DC Vertigo) is pretty good. We'll see.

I just happened to find this really short video on YT: Quesada tells his opinion about why Jon Bernthal was the ideal person for playing the Punisher in the TV show.

Joe Quesada on Finding the Perfect Frank Castle

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

@InvincibleBeawulf
    Yes Scalped is that good. Native American Noir. I never came across something like it. Hard to imagine that's the same Jason Aaron who does Marvel work. I do not like his PunisherMAX

Ultimate Member

Wasn't there a more recent Punisher Appreciation Thread that wasn't closed around here? For some reason I can't find it, so I'm posting this here...

Amazing Member

Echoing batnbreakfast, yes, Scalped really is amazing. But outside of Scalped and his Punisher Max, which I thought was good, I haven't read anything else by Aaron.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    @InvincibleBeawulf
    Yes Scalped is that good. Native American Noir. I never came across something like it. Hard to imagine that's the same Jason Aaron who does Marvel work. I do not like his PunisherMAX
    That happens when you are under a different set of editors and using certain characters.

Give Aaron say Barracuda or Dakota North-different results.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    That happens when you are under a different set of editors and using certain characters.

Give Aaron say Barracuda or Dakota North-different results.
    LOL! I still like Dakota North. Where's the problem?!

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Wasn't there a more recent Punisher Appreciation Thread that wasn't closed around here? For some reason I can't find it, so I'm posting this here...
    Yeah, there's indeed another Punisher thread:

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...d-Paul-Azaceta