Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

There's a rumor on Bleeding Cool that Punisher is going to be written by Aaron soon.

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/jesu...isher-no-more/

Astonishing Member

I feel if Frank was going to have a purposefully ignominious death it should have been during Secret Empire as a cautionary tale about collaborating with Fascists

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by InfamousBG View Post
    Damn, I hope not. I really love The Punisher. Would love to see a new series with him in it.

Thanks guys for all the info today.
    Keep expectations low. The key to this is that Jason Aaron already gave Punisher a hero's death and sendoff in his Punisher Max series years ago (albeit also a gritty and sad death). So it's suspicious to me as to why he would sign up to do the duty again in 616 unless it's because he regrets what he did with Punisher Max and will try to make amends (in his biased mind) with the 616 version.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    If so, there's no way he stays dead. Punisher is one of Marvel's solid B-Listers who's popularity goes up and down every so often. Also see Ghost Rider, She-Hulk, Moon Knight, etc...
    I agree with this. Once the culture wars fade away or at least Punisher's tenuous association with the culture war fades away, we can just have normal Punisher stories again. I mean, he really just kills rich white people (i.e. the Mafia) most of the time. It's kind of dumb that he gets caught up in all this crap and we have to wait a decade or whatever it ends up being.

Also, Garth Ennis seems to write a Punisher mini every few years (set in the Max universe). We'll continue to have those to look forward to, and I believe we have one coming out next eyar.

Eye-rolling bajuszbetyár The Invincible Beawulf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by InfamousBG View Post
    I love what he stands for. With that said, he does not stand for what most morons in this country use his logo or symbol for. Most of those people don't even know that the Punishers real name is Frank Castle.
    Well said! I think many of those 'fans' know The Punisher from the Netflix show (which was excellent btw)

To be honest, I don't understand why he is generally misunderstood...

Hope we will see more Frank in the future.
    BL and comics fan. 🌈 ----- For those saying BL is "pandering to fujos! Too girly! It's fetishization!!!" --> https://www.fujoshi.info/ (a website with academic resources on Queer Media Studies in Asia and LGBTQIA+ history)

The queer body has been used as a battleground, has been criminalized, ostracized, and many times erased from their own histories. -- Alesha Byrne (University of San Francisco)

I want him back as well, but in good hands of course.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Invincible Beawulf View Post
    Well said! I think many of those 'fans' know The Punisher from the Netflix show (which was excellent btw)

Well...I'm not so sure he is misunderstood. Sure, the character started as an antagonist, but Marvel has sold him as cool anti-hero for decades.

Quote Originally Posted by The Invincible Beawulf View Post

Ya I am hoping for a new book or title in the coming future. Just killing him off because Marvel does not want to deal with the logo bull$hit going on is lame.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Well...I'm not so sure he is misunderstood. Sure, the character started as an antagonist, but Marvel has sold him as cool anti-hero for decades.
    As many other characters, Venom for example.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Fantastic Member

I'd be a bit annoyed if they scrubbed Punisher. Cates already gave the Sentry a thorough shafting, so if they bump off Frank as well then there really won't be a lot left that interests me.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Punisher and Silver Surfer are two classics I barely see. Surfer just shows up to jobb these days.
    "Cable was right!"

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by The_Last_Czarnian View Post
    I'd be a bit annoyed if they scrubbed Punisher. Cates already gave the Sentry a thorough shafting, so if they bump off Frank as well then there really won't be a lot left that interests me.
    He hasn't had a good 616 series in a long time. I'm a huge fan of Frank but I'm okay with him going away for awhile and returning when the culture war isn't hovering over him. Then maybe we could get good comics with him again.

Quote Originally Posted by hairys View Post
    He hasn't had a good 616 series in a long time. I'm a huge fan of Frank but I'm okay with him going away for awhile and returning when the culture war isn't hovering over him. Then maybe we could get good comics with him again.
    Rosenberg's series was wonderful.. and fairly recent.

Quote Originally Posted by hairys View Post
    That's very sad. I keep forgetting that most of Frank's stories (no matter how solidly written) aren't considered a part of 616

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Rosenberg's series was wonderful.. and fairly recent.
    I thought it was fine, along with...

The Punisher Kill Krew
    (2019)

Incredible Member

Yeah, I did enjoy the Punisher Kill Krew mini. Rosenberg's run? Blech. (To each their own, of course).

The last ongoing run I thought was good was Rucka's, but even his story with Punisherette was derivative of one Ennis had already written in Punisher MAX.

Yeah, Rucka's Punisher WarZone is still an all-time favorite (IMHO):