Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

This is a really dope variant by Björn Barends

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post

That is badass. No doubt about it.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Extraordinary Member

The character that the Punisher is a direct rip off from Mack Nolan Executioner solved his relevance problem decades ago.

After 9/11 he quit killing Mafia Mobsters and went into killing Terrorists instead, went back to working for the Government and effectively became Solid Snake but with a slightly bigger support staff.

Marvel made him an Angel, they gave him War Machine's armor and they even made him Frankenstein...

But the anti terrorist angle that was laying in front of them for DECADES...that they didn't go with.

But revisit a story line they did with both Wolverine and Daredevil did years ago...full speed ahead!

Makes no sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by InfamousBG View Post
    Just wondering if anyone could tell me where the Punisher is right now in Marvel Comics? Thanks.
    Last I heard, getting sensitivity training.

Peace

Eye-rolling bajuszbetyár The Invincible Beawulf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post

Seconded! I really like this cover.
    BL and comics fan. 🌈 ----- For those saying BL is "pandering to fujos! Too girly! It's fetishization!!!" --> https://www.fujoshi.info/ (a website with academic resources on Queer Media Studies in Asia and LGBTQIA+ history)

The queer body has been used as a battleground, has been criminalized, ostracized, and many times erased from their own histories. -- Alesha Byrne (University of San Francisco)

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    The character that the Punisher is a direct rip off from Mack Nolan Executioner solved his relevance problem decades ago.

After 9/11 he quit killing Mafia Mobsters and went into killing Terrorists instead, went back to working for the Government and effectively became Solid Snake but with a slightly bigger support staff.

Marvel made him an Angel, they gave him War Machine's armor and they even made him Frankenstein...

But the anti terrorist angle that was laying in front of them for DECADES...that they didn't go with.

But revisit a story line they did with both Wolverine and Daredevil did years ago...full speed ahead!

Makes no sense to me.
    I guess even Marvel felt that direction would be too controversial.

so is this a low key revisiting of the "Shadowmasters" storyline from the 1980s where he interacted with a ninja clan? I'm wondering how many people even remember that.

I see this ending with another Punisher death. Or rather another Frank Castle death. Then a setup for a replacement character. Possibly along the lines of what Gerry Conway was pitching. We'll see.

12 issues, eh? So there's an entire year to see what happens. Hmm...

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    so is this a low key revisiting of the "Shadowmasters" storyline from the 1980s where he interacted with a ninja clan? I'm wondering how many people even remember that.
    I still remember. Certainly an interesting time for Frank back in those days (IMHO):

The more I look into the coming series the more I am just excited to have Frank back.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Been awhile since I posted here.

I know The Punisher has become kind of a off character of late but with the new book on shelves and another War Zone booking coming just trying to get your thoughts on Frank right now....?

I am interested to see where Frank goes with his current situation in the Hand. It is a very different take on the character and I am ok with that.

Please don't make this political. I am over that stuff. It is what it is. I just love The Punisher/Frank and I am happy he is back.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

I miss Frank, too. Fans of Doctor Doom Don t have to defend themselves for liking a villain. Almost posted yesterday to ask people about their Favorite Netflix moments... I love season 2 Episode 1. Roadhouse by way of the Punisher

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post

Makes no sense to me.
    I can't speak to the 616 version of Frank as I honestly do not keep up.

I do recall in Ennis' Punisher MAX run that Micro offered Frank the very same job on behalf of the CIA. Frank told them to go F themselves.

Is anyone enjoying the new series? What do you guys and gals think?

Again I am just happy Frank is back.

Eye-rolling bajuszbetyár The Invincible Beawulf's Avatar

EXCLUSIVE Marvel First Look: Punisher: War Journal Blitz #1

https://aiptcomics.com/2022/05/20/ex...urnal-blitz-1/
    BL and comics fan. 🌈 ----- For those saying BL is "pandering to fujos! Too girly! It's fetishization!!!" --> https://www.fujoshi.info/ (a website with academic resources on Queer Media Studies in Asia and LGBTQIA+ history)

The queer body has been used as a battleground, has been criminalized, ostracized, and many times erased from their own histories. -- Alesha Byrne (University of San Francisco)