Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Cloverfield Monster vs Starro

Cloverfield with all of its parasites takes on movie Starro from The Suicide Squad.

Which kaiju wins?

Astonishing Member

Cloverfieid. Starro gets stabbed in the eye and that's it from the rat entry. Cloverfield takes very heavy weapons fire and they have little effect. The end is ambiguous.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    Cloverfieid. Starro gets stabbed in the eye and that's it from the rat entry. Cloverfield takes very heavy weapons fire and they have little effect. The end is ambiguous.
    What, I'm pretty sure Starro has tanked class 100 shots on him.

Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post
    What, I'm pretty sure Starro has tanked class 100 shots on him.
    Not the Suicide Squad version.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Not the Suicide Squad version.
    You're right, missed the "movie" part.

Didn't Starro take heavy weapons fire from Corto Maltese soldiers as well as explosive shots from Bloodsport's gun without any effect? And it was wading through buildings like they were paper...

Also, could its mini starfish extensions it shoots out do any mind-controlling, at least with the various parasites on Cloverfield?

Quote Originally Posted by Sophicles View Post
    Didn't Starro take heavy weapons fire from Corto Maltese soldiers as well as explosive shots from Bloodsport's gun without any effect? And it was wading through buildings like they were paper...

Also, could its mini starfish extensions it shoots out do any mind-controlling, at least with the various parasites on Cloverfield?
    I don't recall any Corto Maltese heavy weaponry, the biggest thing it shrugged off was Bloodsport's guns.

But it was also literally being chewed to pieces by a tidal wave of rats (both internally and externally) to the point where it was covered in blood by the time it had its brain hollowed out by the rats. So Cloverfield, who has the better feats; should body Starro just fine.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

I assume you're thinking of the blood it smeared on the building it fell back into, honestly thought it was all the rats it would have been smashing.

spoilers:
    also if Harley could puncture it's eye with a pointy bit of metal it begs the question why all those bullets couldn't unless literally no one thought of shooting the ENOURMOUS FLIPPING EYE SMACK IN THE MIDDLE OF THE THING. Seriously had none of them ever played a video game in their lives? Or maybe it was just the actual pupil that was thin enough to puncture but still.
    end of spoilers

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    But it was also literally being chewed to pieces by a tidal wave of rats (both internally and externally) to the point where it was covered in blood by the time it had its brain hollowed out by the rats.
    Just rewatched the scene (1:55 to 1:59 or so for HBO Max peeps). I don't see the rats damaging his hide. King Shark chewed through his skin. He is covered in blood at the end, but that is just as or more likely blood from the millions of rats he squished as opposed to his own blood. Maybe others see it differently. Regardless, he absorbs nothing like the amount of firepower the Cloverfield monster does, and certainly not if you take the statement from the credits that it survived the nuke into account. I would say the Cloverfield monster also hits harder than Harley Quinn with a javelin.

Starro isn't made for a kaiju battle really. Leaving aside feats...he has a big eye weakspot.
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

King Shark is the only one that was successful at damaging Starro's exterior. Conventional weapons all seemed to fail. The rats didn't hurt Starro until they followed Harley's lead through its most obvious weak spot (the gigantic eye that's kinda hard to miss). Overall, Starro seems to have average kaiju durability. The Cloverfield Monster is stronger and more durable, which means Starro will be mostly on the defensive. Clover likely wins when it lands a critical strike-through Starro's eye.

Starro's only chance at victory here is attaching to Clover's mouth and subduing the monster through mind-control. Clover likely tears Starro limb-from-limb; however, it does look like Starro has an impressive healing factor.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    I assume you're thinking of the blood it smeared on the building it fell back into, honestly thought it was all the rats it would have been smashing.

spoilers:
    also if Harley could puncture it's eye with a pointy bit of metal it begs the question why all those bullets couldn't unless literally no one thought of shooting the ENOURMOUS FLIPPING EYE SMACK IN THE MIDDLE OF THE THING. Seriously had none of them ever played a video game in their lives? Or maybe it was just the actual pupil that was thin enough to puncture but still.
    end of spoilers
    I thought the spear was some kind of special but.. if it's just a fancy spear then ****, even worse for Starro.

Quote Originally Posted by StupidMoniker View Post
    Just rewatched the scene (1:55 to 1:59 or so for HBO Max peeps). I don't see the rats damaging his hide. King Shark chewed through his skin. He is covered in blood at the end, but that is just as or more likely blood from the millions of rats he squished as opposed to his own blood. Maybe others see it differently. Regardless, he absorbs nothing like the amount of firepower the Cloverfield monster does, and certainly not if you take the statement from the credits that it survived the nuke into account. I would say the Cloverfield monster also hits harder than Harley Quinn with a javelin.
    Hm yea... watching it again it's more than probably the rat squishery; but even still... they were more than capable of chewing through his insides.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Tomzilla View Post
    King Shark is the only one that was successful at damaging Starro's exterior. Conventional weapons all seemed to fail. The rats didn't hurt Starro until they followed Harley's lead through its most obvious weak spot (the gigantic eye that's kinda hard to miss). Overall, Starro seems to have average kaiju durability. The Cloverfield Monster is stronger and more durable, which means Starro will be mostly on the defensive. Clover likely wins when it lands a critical strike-through Starro's eye.

Starro's only chance at victory here is attaching to Clover's mouth and subduing the monster through mind-control. Clover likely tears Starro limb-from-limb; however, it does look like Starro has an impressive healing factor.
    it didn't seem the starfish were having much luck with King Shark, don't think there's really suited for non human face shapes, as odd as that is

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    it didn't seem the starfish were having much luck with King Shark, don't think there's really suited for non human face shapes, as odd as that is
    It may be that they need to penetrate the skin to latch on (we saw how messed up the people they had peeled the starfish off of were underneath). King Shark was very durable, bullets just bounced off of him. I would say that is a more likely explanation than the alien starfish is only adapted to secrete control starfish that latch on to specifically human faced beings.

problem is that Ratcatcher's gas mask worked perfectly fine too, as well as just holding your arms in front of your face apparently, so they didn't seem to have much penetrative power at all