Page 14 of 55 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Thread: Omega Level

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post

You're another poster I've seen claim that Exodus' powers were augmented. Do you know when/where this was stated? I don't doubt any of you saying this, but I'm just curious to read it for myself.

Here check this out

“Summary: A time warp sends Black Knight and Sersi to the Middle Ages. Black Knight overtakes the body of his ancestor Sir Eobar Garrington, who is traveling to Akkaba with fellow knight Bennett du Paris. Paris hopes to uncover an ancient power there. The knights try to exploit Sersi’s powers, but Garrington defends her. Garrington’s decision creates a rift with Paris, who soon discovers one of Apocalypse’s minions in the desert. Apocalypse unlocks Paris’ potential and transforms him into Exodus. Meanwhile, Sersi convinces Garrington to release his soul and allow the Black Knight to overtake his body. With his memories restored, Black Knight recognizes Exodus as a villain when they meet again. Apocalypse tests Exodus in a fight with Black Knight and Sersi, but Exodus refuses to kill them. Apocalypse retaliates by placing Exodus in a cocoon. Black Knight eventually finds Exodus’ body in the Swiss Alps. His fellow knights promise to safeguard the body.”

http://notblogx.blogspot.com/2010/07...mber-1996.html
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Here check this out

“Summary: A time warp sends Black Knight and Sersi to the Middle Ages. Black Knight overtakes the body of his ancestor Sir Eobar Garrington, who is traveling to Akkaba with fellow knight Bennett du Paris. Paris hopes to uncover an ancient power there. The knights try to exploit Sersi’s powers, but Garrington defends her. Garrington’s decision creates a rift with Paris, who soon discovers one of Apocalypse’s minions in the desert. Apocalypse unlocks Paris’ potential and transforms him into Exodus. Meanwhile, Sersi convinces Garrington to release his soul and allow the Black Knight to overtake his body. With his memories restored, Black Knight recognizes Exodus as a villain when they meet again. Apocalypse tests Exodus in a fight with Black Knight and Sersi, but Exodus refuses to kill them. Apocalypse retaliates by placing Exodus in a cocoon. Black Knight eventually finds Exodus’ body in the Swiss Alps. His fellow knights promise to safeguard the body.”

http://notblogx.blogspot.com/2010/07...mber-1996.html
    Interesting. I did a quick skim of the issue but found nothing stating or even indicating that Apocalypse augmented his powers, only that he captured him and put him in stasis.

It's easy to rationalize Cable not being on the list: Due to the virus, his powers are much weaker, so even if he was born as an omega mutant, he hasn't and will never actually achieve that sort of potential, so putting him alongside the mutants that are actually the most powerful at their gifts is pointless. Same can be said for Nate Grey who was also nerfed and was only able to pull his recent Age of X-Man stunt because he had a... "Life seed" or something.

Rachel is the Grey-Summers child who has no reason for being out.

Still, if the potential is inherent, Cable and Nate should be included on the list along with Rachel.
    Not really, at least not for Nate. He has a clear limitation and that goes back to the early years whe nhe was created. His body cant sustain his power. They would eventually kill him if he pushed himself too much as he'd burn out. Thats measurable and not a limitation that Jean has.

Quote Originally Posted by orionblue View Post
    Not to be confused with the Dark Drag Phoenix supernova meltdown post, but what do y’all think of Dark Phoenix? Has this been discussed?

Is Dark Phoenix Omega or unclassifiable? Paramount Omega?
    I don't think it makes sense to classify Phoenix hosts. The omega list is/should be about the character's mutations, not how powerful they can be with an external force boosting them.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I don't think it makes sense to classify Phoenix hosts. The omega list is/should be about the character's mutations, not how powerful they can be with an external force boosting them.

That actually makes sense as this list is relating to mutant powers…hmmm. Good point.

Not to be confused with the Dark Drag Phoenix supernova meltdown post, but what do y’all think of Dark Phoenix? Has this been discussed?

Is Dark Phoenix Omega or unclassifiable? Paramount Omega?
    With Phoenix being an outside amp, I personally don’t feel it should factor into the discussion about Omega mutants. Otherwise, examples like the Phoenix Five would be considered Omega by the classification and it would lean the Omega discussion to being more about a mutant working to become an Omega, rather than being born one.

Quote Originally Posted by PyroFN View Post
    With Phoenix being an outside amp, I personally don’t feel it should factor into the discussion about Omega mutants. Otherwise, examples like the Phoenix Five would be considered Omega by the classification and it would lean the Omega discussion to being more about a mutant working to become an Omega, rather than being born one.

Hmmm…makes one think here…what about a mutant that had been taken as a host for the Phoenix force and when they no longer were a host their existing powers have been upped thanks to the time that they were a host?

Hmmm…makes one think here…what about a mutant that had been taken as a host for the Phoenix force and when they no longer were a host their existing powers have been upped thanks to the time that they were a host?
    No, obviously the PF is a parasitic entity, and very burned by the way, now even the dog in the corner can be a host lol

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Not really, at least not for Nate. He has a clear limitation and that goes back to the early years whe nhe was created. His body cant sustain his power. They would eventually kill him if he pushed himself too much as he'd burn out. Thats measurable and not a limitation that Jean has.
    Good point.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I think it makes sense to classify certain Phoenix hosts - obviously Jean - though not while or because they house(d) the Phoenix Force. However, a host like Jean deserves her classification just by virtue of the fact that she was described as having "infinite mental powers" long before the Phoenix Force was introduced. That the Phoenix Force sought and later continued to seek her even after she rejected it only lends credence to the fact that she is special and of a power capacity not matched by many.

1968, canon, and undoctored (and it always bathes me in euphoria to post):

Quote Originally Posted by PyroFN View Post
    The Phoenix Force itself certainly shouldn't be up for discussion because it is not a mutant, it is a cosmic force.

we have a comedian, give him a prize

Good point.

I think it makes sense to classify certain Phoenix hosts - obviously Jean - though not while or because they house(d) the Phoenix Force. However, a host like Jean deserves her classification just by virtue of the fact that she was described as having "infinite mental powers" long before the Phoenix Force was introduced. That the Phoenix Force sought and later continued to seek her even after she rejected it only lends credence to the fact that she is special and of a power capacity not matched by many.

1968, canon, and undoctored:

The Phoenix Force itself certainly shouldn't be up for discussion because it is not a mutant, it is a cosmic force.
    Agreed With this

Quote Originally Posted by Sylarmax View Post
    Agreed With this
    Thank you, love. I've quietly agreed with you that Rogue should be classified as Omega Level, though I haven't said so until now. However, if one thinks about it, no one else has her capacity to absorb energy and to such a degree as she does. In fact, I would like to discuss this further. What would her power classification be? Energy or Power Absorption? The case could be made for Synch too, by the way. Energy or Power Synchronization?

Thank you, love. I've quietly agreed with you that Rogue should be classified as Omega Level, though I haven't said so until now. However, if one thinks about it, no one else has her capacity to absorb energy and to such a degree as she does. In fact, I would like to discuss this further. What would her power classification be? Energy or Power Absorption? The case could be made for Synch too, by the way. Energy or Power Synchronization?
    Thank you €> look at I have never questioned Jean's Omega level, I love her, and she does not need any cosmic bird to be ultra powerful

With Rogue, I have several stories that classify her as Omega hehe, the facts and the canon cannot be ignored, the fact of being able to stay permanently with any type of power, be it Omega, Alien, gods, or cosmic level is pretty omega lol.

She also has two specific facts that put her in the category, which in both has been shown to be unlimited, Omega in taking in vital energy, she took 8 billion alien entities, according to Rogue herself, her greatest merit of power so far, and Omega by containment of powers, she took the totality of the powers of all the heroes of the earth, and they mention that they were several hundred powerset, another unlimited merit.

With Synch I also think he could be considered Omega level, since he and Rogue although they seem very similar, the truth is they do very different things in terms of how their powers work, so if Synch to be considered Omega should begin to have merits of power as great as those of Rogue, at the moment he has not had them, but if I believe he could be one too.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    IIRC this limitation was artificially added into his body by AoA's Sinister, because he wanted to use Nate as weapon to kill Apocalypse and then let him self-destruct. But this problem was solved by Nate close to the end of his solo series. He then transformed his body into energy, and years later in Dark X-Men recreated his body from scratch. So, there should not be any limit on his powers right now and him being "burnt out" by some machine in New Mutants makes zero sense, especially because it happened while he was opening a portal to another reality - something he made easily before, without any machine. And the story in Age of X-Man also doesn't make any sense; he should not have any problem with his powers killing him yet again. It was just a lack of research by writer.

During his solo series Nate was repeatedly said to be the strongest psionic in universe and was shown to be stronger than Xavier, Emma, Jean, Cable, Exodus, etc. When he was defeated by some of them, it was said that it is due to him being less experienced, not because he is weaker. So, if all the nonsense after his return in Dark X-Men never happened, Nate should be on the list of Omega Level mutants instead of Exodus or Quire, or maybe even Proteus.

Unrelated to above, I wonder what is the difference between Exodus' and Mr. M powers. Telekinesis and matter manipulation seems kinda the same to me in their case, as both can control matter on molecular level.
    Last edited by Harasar; 08-10-2021 at 08:09 PM.