Page 1 of 55 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: Omega Level

Default Omega Level

What do you think of the current list? Which mutants would you add to the list? Do you think the list will change? Do you think a mutant is born with Omega Level power(s) or can they develop their power(s) to reach Omega Level?

Also, as evident as the differences may seem, what would you say is the difference between “manipulation” and “manifestation” within the context of these classifications?

I thought this topic might make for an interesting and informative long term discussion thread.

Last edited by Mercury; 08-07-2021 at 12:58 PM.

Deleted this comment and added it to the first post.
    Last edited by Mercury; 08-07-2021 at 12:42 PM.

Nice umbrella thread Mercury!

I have a question (a stupid one!) but would it be possible for the Five to make every mutant they resurrect Omega level? Between manipulating their DNA and such, the entire Mutant race could be omega levels.

Is it necessary Not at all. Just a thought.

As for the other questions, wasn't Vulcan originally not an Omega level mutant and didn't become one until after he absorbed M-day energies? Or has that been retconned?

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    Nice umbrella thread Mercury!

I have a question (a stupid one!) but would it be possible for the Five to make every mutant they resurrect Omega level? Between manipulating their DNA and such, the entire Mutant race could be omega levels.

Is it necessary Not at all. Just a thought.
    Thanks! Considering how interesting the discussion became in the Magma and Polaris thread, I figured this topic deserves its own thread.

Also, great question! I’m leaning towards thinking you can only be born an Omega Level mutant. That being said, how is a mutant determined to be Omega Level? Is their some kind of swab or blood test? 😂 I’m half-joking, but also really do want to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Thanks! Considering how interesting the discussion became in the Magma and Polaris thread, I figured this topic deserves its own thread.

Also, great question! I’m leaning towards thinking you can only be born an Omega Level mutant. That being said, how is a mutant determined to be Omega Level? Is their some kind of swab or blood test? �� I’m half-joking, but also really do want to know.
    Kinda surprised there wasn't one the day the list dropped.

Thanks! It's a question that's been in my head ever since the Five and their whole "job" was announced. Added to the fact that it is canon that when they resurrect you that you come back stronger than you were when you die.

As for your question I would assume it's all based on Cerebro's readings? But even then, there has to be a baseline said mutant has to hit. Like how Jean and Kid Omega are both OLM-Telepaths. While Professor X and Emma and Rachel (who used to be, rip) aren't.

What do you think you think of the current list?

It definitely can be using an update after the reveal of Franklin and Onslaught.

Which mutants would you add to the list?

If it were up to me? I’d re-add the Grey-Summers children and then add Magneto’s two daughters.

Do you think the list will change?

It kind of already has with the addition of Arakko and the aforementioned reveals.

Do you think a mutant is born with Omega Level power(s) or can they develop their power(s) to reach Omega Level?

I think the implication is that they are born Omega, but there nothing clearly stated that would allude me to believe either way, so….

*shrug*
    Last edited by PyroFN; 08-07-2021 at 12:56 PM.

Before Hickman's list was published, how was an omega mutant defined? I remember that there were many mutant omegas, as I read that mutants must have powers on an atomic scale to be considered omegas

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Before Hickman's list was published, how was an omega mutant defined? I remember that there were many mutant omegas, as I read that mutants must have powers on an atomic scale to be considered omegas
    Full disclaimer, this is from my memory from the Marvel Wiki. It was something along the lines of immortality, extreme manipulation of matter & energy, high levels of psionic ability, or the potential to exist beyond the boundaries of the known physical universe.

Full disclaimer, this is from my memory from the Marvel Wiki. It was something along the lines of immortality, extreme manipulation of matter & energy, high levels of psionic ability, or the potential to exist beyond the boundaries of the known physical universe.
    Also, I don’t think everyone on this list was considered Omega Level when the classification was first established, but I can’t remember who was and wasn’t.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Also, I don’t think everyone on this list was considered Omega Level when the classification was first established, but I can’t remember who was and wasn’t.
    Well, I remember seeing Xavier and Emma on there. But other than that I'm drawing a blank.

Well, I remember seeing Xavier and Emma on there. But other than that I'm drawing a blank.
    I remember Jean and for some reason Cable.

Okay, I found a great video from 2015 which overviews the list back then. Those included on the list, with video time signatures, were:

Jean Grey: 3:25
    Vulcan: 6:12
    Rachel Summers: 8:43
    Legion: 11:41
    Elixir: 13:45
    Kid Omega: 15:45
    Iceman: 17:27
    Cable/Stryfe/Nate Grey: 18:57
    Mr. M: 21:23
    Mad Jim Jaspers: 22:56
    Hope Summers: 24:01
    Franklin Richards: 25:54

Jean & Bobby were 2 of if not the first confirmed omega level mutants.

Another video from 2015. In order of appearance:

Jean Grey
    Hope Summers
    Legion
    Elixir
    Kid Omega
    Iceman (Moisture Manipulation!)
    Psylocke (Jean apparently helped reveal that she is an Omega Level mutant!)
    Franklin Richards
    Matthew Malloy (Narrator’s personal pick)