Page 38 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2834353637383940414248 ... LastLast

Thread: Omega Level

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    New theory - Hickman quit because of this ****.
    Sad thing is that there's probably some truth to this statement.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    New theory - Hickman quit because of this ****.
    I wouldn't doubt it.
    I've wanted to quit these threads myself because of it.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    Sad thing is that there's probably some truth to this statement.
    poor fragile soul, it was just too much, I can only imagine the terrible scars inflicted upon his mind by cbr's x-board threads.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by fridric View Post
    The stats are problematic because: 1) in Strength, they don't count Jean's TK compared to someone like Magneto(or Polaris) where they take in count his magnetic lifting powers; 2) Intelligence: Jean is more educated than Ororo she should be 4 not 3!; Mental Powers: Ororo should be 5 not 6 because she possesses ONE mental talent: Atmokinesis which gives her a control over weather/climate and thus she can manipulate a lot of things related to it(air/electricity for example) BUT these skills are NOT OTHER MENTAL TALENTS! Contrary to Jean who is a REAL multiple mental power user because she has TK & TP(so 2 mental talents)!
    Pish posh on the stats really. I think its cool that Marvel put them as equals. We know both Jean & Ororo are very smart but not a gifted intellect like Kitty or Peter Parker so I think a 3 seems right for both of them. And we know for sure that Jean is no where near Storm in terms of Fighting Ability so her being a 4 is a bit of a stretch. I think she would be a 3 at best and Storm a 5, but as you mentioned somethings aren’t taken into account that should be.
    Be the change you wish to see in the world.

Yupp.
    It's a cute bit of nostalgia but ultimately useless and irrelevant.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Yupp.
    It's a cute bit of nostalgia but ultimately useless and irrelevant.
    True, yet we can learn a lot creatively from how people build their worlds, whether it’s the right or wrong way to go about it.

BANNED

It's simple: for example a mutant with the power of Matter Manipulation, her/his mental talent is Matter Manipulation. He/She can manipulate the elements(Elemental Manipulation) which is a SUBSKILLS of Matter Manipulation BUT this subskill will not be considered as a mental talent itself BECAUSE the MAIN(or ONLY) POWER(MENTAL TALENT) is Matter Manipulation, right?
    Where you made a mistake, is that you considered the subskills as other mental talents.
    But it's normal that someone can easily make this mistake because these subskills exist as independant powers too!
    With my own example, Elemental Manipulation can exist independentely as a mental talent too! A user with ONLY the power of Elemental Manipulation would be considered as a mental talent and not a subskill!
    Conclusion, ALL DEPENDS OF THE POWER A USER POSSESSES to determine what is a mental talent and what is a subskill ,even if subskill can exist as a mental talent by itself!
    Then by that logic jean is only omega at reading and connecting minds which I would disagree with, because telepathy is very broad it has mind control, illusions, knowledge adsorption, mind reading mong a lot of other things jean can do all these things on an omega level same with storm and all her sub set abilities. A lot of psionic abilities are by their nature quiet broad, traditionally atmokinesis is a very broad psionic ability which encompasses manipulation of weather patterns and it's elements. But that's the thing Storm's power or the nature of it is not your run of the mill atmokinetic infact storms psionic ability is the perception and manipulation of and I emphasize ALL forces, elements and energies that govern and determine weather phenomena throughtout existence she can use her power in the presence of weather patterns or even in their absence such as the depths of space and the body of living things. This implies that anything that has a thing to do with weather if storm digs deep enough she can n control it case in point when she manipulated the entire planets magnetic field to create magnetic cyclones and volcanic erruptions.
    But I do get your point though but you are seeing weather manipulation as it pertains to storm in a traditionalist Thor view where it has to do with the power of a storm she can brew and such, but as per giant size storm she used nanobots as building blocks to create weather, has manipulated and sealed dimension rifts in space time, can perceive distortions in space time continuim can channel the total power of a galactic core, manipulate atoms and such directly all these are attributed to the nature of her omega power which is virtually infinite. So yes daedra is right, she is basically a lot of omega elemental and egrokinetic abilities rolled into one, for example if a planets weather system has silicon she would develop power over sand glass and such on that planet. And when you factor in the fact that weather everywhere has different elements from calcium bone rain to lasers and such the possibilities and I quote marvel on this "are endless"
    Last edited by dirtynun; 08-25-2021 at 08:35 PM.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    poor fragile soul, it was just too much, I can only imagine the terrible scars inflicted upon his mind by cbr's x-board threads.
    I started reading Reddit discussions on days of new releases, and the tone is pretty different. It seems far more positive, as if they read different comics sometimes. It's an interesting comparison. I don't look at Twitter, so I don't know how response goes there. Love reading this board, but it gets a little grim sometimes.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    Pish posh on the stats really. I think its cool that Marvel put them as equals. We know both Jean & Ororo are very smart but not a gifted intellect like Kitty or Peter Parker so I think a 3 seems right for both of them. And we know for sure that Jean is no where near Storm in terms of Fighting Ability so her being a 4 is a bit of a stretch. I think she would be a 3 at best and Storm a 5, but as you mentioned somethings aren’t taken into account that should be.
    Yes, that's true it's weird she's so high in Fighting Skills. For Intelligence, it's not like the old Power Ratings they used; so, there's no middle between people smarter than the average and the gifted ones.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    Then by that logic jean is only omega at reading and connecting minds which I would disagree with, because telepathy is very broad it has mind control, illusions, knowledge adsorption, mind reading mong a lot of other things jean can do all these things on an omega level same with storm and all her sub set abilities. A lot of psionic abilities are by their nature quiet broad, traditionally atmokinesis is a very broad psionic ability which encompasses manipulation of weather patterns and it's elements. But that's the thing Storm's power or the nature of it is not your run of the mill atmokinetic infact storms psionic ability is the perception and manipulation of and I emphasize ALL forces, elements and energies that govern and determine weather phenomena throughtout existence she can use her power in the presence of weather patterns or even in their absence such as the depths of space and the body of living things. This implies that anything that has a thing to do with weather if storm digs deep enough she can n control it case in point when she manipulated the entire planets magnetic field to create magnetic cyclones and volcanic erruptions.
    But I do get your point though but you are seeing weather manipulation as it pertains to storm in a traditionalist Thor view where it has to do with the power of a storm she can brew and such, but as per giant size storm she used nanobots as building blocks to create weather, has manipulated and sealed dimension rifts in space time, can perceive distortions in space time continuim can channel the total power of a galactic core, manipulate atoms and such directly all these are attributed to the nature of her omega power which is virtually infinite. So yes daedra is right, she is basically a lot of omega elemental and egrokinetic abilities rolled into one, for example if a planets weather system has silicon she would develop power over sand glass and such on that planet. And when you factor in the fact that weather everywhere has different elements from calcium bone rain to lasers and such the possibilities and I quote marvel on this "are endless"
    The problem is TK and TP are umbrella powers they cover a lot of other subskills/subpowers. Of course, I didn't say her TP is just limited to read minds but instead it's a whole of things because it's an ummbrella power. Weather Manipulation is an umbrella power too.
    in this Power Ratings, a mental talent=1 power. It's simple Jean has a dual (mental) power: TK&TP VS Ororo who has ONE mental talent: Weather Manipulation. It's not illogical/complicated what I'm trying to explain since yesterday.
    People are obsessed with the APPLICATIONS of their powers which are subskills/subpowers but these applications of their mental powers can't be considered as OTHER mental powers!!! Because if I considered a simple application of a power is considered a talent so even Kitty Pride is someone with multiple talent!!! It doesn't make sense!!!

BANNED

The problem is TK and TP are umbrella powers they cover a lot of other subskills/subpowers. Of course, I didn't say her TP is just limited to read minds but instead it's a whole of things because it's an ummbrella power. Weather Manipulation is an umbrella power too.
    in this Power Ratings, a mental talent=1 power. It's simple Jean has a dual (mental) power: TK&TP VS Ororo who has ONE mental talent: Weather Manipulation. It's not illogical/complicated what I'm trying to explain since yesterday.
    People are obsessed with the APPLICATIONS of their powers which are subskills/subpowers but these applications of their mental powers can't be considered as OTHER mental powers!!! Because if I considered a simple application of a power is considered a talent so even Kitty Pride is someone with multiple talent!!! It doesn't make sense!!!
    Jean does have multiple mental abilities but according to cerebro and well the Hickman her omega ability with infinite potential is telepathy which makes sense if you consider the pink for thing. It literally boost her to god level psionic ability on the spot kinda like an avatar state.

But onto Storm, to control the weather the number of things you have to be able to functionally control is insane to brew a storm you have to manipulate wind, air pressure, moisture, temperature, electrical discharge ..... Etc. There is an article that differentiates what storm does vs thro and your average weather manipulator, they summon the elements as a whole call upon the storm but Ororo control literally every detail of the storm from the elements to the energies produced ala electromagnetic energy and radiation. It is like her mental power allows her to control many ingredients to create weather and her power over each ingredient has no limit case in point her being able to manipulate hydrogen and oxygen atoms directly, electrons directly, gamma ray particles on a planetary scale to form a shield and even to abstract energies like temporal and dimentionnal energy to manipulate space time rifts, manipulate the trion the total elemental concepts of the dimension and cosmic manipulating the energy of a galactic core, solar winds and solar flares manipulating primal energy in space to produce cosmic lightning and to the mystical her control over magical storms and elemental forces, manipulate elements in hell, limbo and mystical energy to create a portal and to the artificial using nano bots to create weather phenomena in an artificial world. So I do think deadra is right, because I believe cerebro brought it to weather manipulation because that was the common denominator of them all. But like legion who has 200 omega level personalities all from one primary omega power, Storm's weather manipulation leads to several abilities all in the omega level because say she create a galaxy sized storm she would have to manipulate inter stellar and galactic matter, cosmic energy and the like she would have to use all her weather related abilities on a galactic level and such which she would because her power omega is elemental and egrokinetic control over the weather.

Quote Originally Posted by fluxy23 View Post
    I started reading Reddit discussions on days of new releases, and the tone is pretty different. It seems far more positive, as if they read different comics sometimes. It's an interesting comparison. I don't look at Twitter, so I don't know how response goes there. Love reading this board, but it gets a little grim sometimes.
    We were being a tad sarcastic.
    While HiX-Man may be aware of fans reactions he's been absent from Twitter and these threads and I'm guessing other SM platforms with regards to his comics. So fans' debates especially the stupid ones like should she be a 6 or a 7 on the psi graph or how many powers does one character have are by and large irrelevant to him...as they should be.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 08-26-2021 at 04:51 AM.

It finally clicked for me that Storm made cyclones out of nanobots in GSXMS
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rosa Snarks View Post
    It finally clicked for me that Storm made cyclones out of nanobots in GSXMS
    Girl, what do you think she did all this while lolol

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    Girl, what do you think she did all this while lolol
    LMAOOOOO you don't want to know. I'm so embarrassed. Speaking of weather manipulation, if Deluge was still alive do you think him and Storm would occupy the same spot on the Omegas list?
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡