Page 3 of 55 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Thread: Omega Level

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    What do you think of the current list? Which mutants would you add to the list? Do you think the list will change? Do you think a mutant is born with Omega Level power(s) or can they develop their power(s) to reach Omega Level?

Also, as evident as the differences may seem, what would you say is the difference between “manipulation” and “manifestation” within the context of these classifications?

I thought this topic might make for an interesting and informative long term discussion thread.

Yh they would add all the mutants to shut all the others up. Everyone and their mother is becoming omega BABY!

BANNED

Thanks! Considering how interesting the discussion became in the Magma and Polaris thread, I figured this topic deserves its own thread.

Also, great question! I’m leaning towards thinking you can only be born an Omega Level mutant. That being said, how is a mutant determined to be Omega Level? Is their some kind of swab or blood test? 😂 I’m half-joking, but also really do want to know.
    If there was a way to manipulate the xgene to become omega sinister would have been omega ages ago.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sylarmax View Post
    Magma, Omega by manipulation of earth or magma.

Rogue is Omega by unlimited containment of powers, or it can also be by containment of vital energy, in both it is unlimited.

Polaris, tell her father recently is that her powers have shown wear and tear with much more reason should be lorna that she has never suffered from that.

Rachel, the term level mutant Omega was born with Rachel and Claremont invented it to me it seems a lack of respect on the part of Hickman what she did

Magik

Gambit when he has access to all his power makes people like capsize or storm seem useless for example.

Apocalypse, there is no reason for him not to be, especially when he and Rogue have greater power merits than most confirmed Omega.

But surely all of them will be Omega once Hickman leaves the x offices.

Proteus is the weakest of the 4 alters reality, I can understand two or three mutants are Omega in the same kind of power, but already 4 is absurd.

Omega mutants that should not be Omega.

Bobby would seem very weak to me yet to be alpha but I understand he is Omega because he has no competition in the Marvel universe in ice manipulators.

Hoppe Summers is extremely weak and limited.
    In mimicry, still driven by a connection with Phoenix, the same connection that she has already lost, Hope only takes a few powers and cannot bear the burden and passes out for hours or days.

Hope is so weak in mimicry that they had to invent another ability for her how to manipulate power like Cortez, that she still doesn't do anything that Cortez doesn't do any day.
    she shouldn't be Omega because she is so weak.
    Your bitter self is back I see.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GeneTitan View Post
    1. What do you think you think of the current list?
    I don't necessarily like the current list. I find if a bit boring, but I'm fine with it. I understand Hickman was trying to streamline the process. However, the list is interesting as it has Jean and Quentin as Omega Level telepaths and excludes Xavier and Emma. I'm certain in a psi-fight Xavier and Emma would wipe the floor with Kid Omega, but that brings up a great discussion about level of power vs. actual finesse and use of power.

2. Which mutants would you add to the list?
    I wouldn't add any mutants to the list b/c of them currently being Omega Level. I'd make a list of mutants with Omega Level potential:
    Synch, Magma, Jubilee and Rachel would be great starts. Once Synch learns to keep, and effectively, powers he'll be unstoppable. Magma should be as powerful as the core of the Earth itself. Jubilee has the potential to be nuclear and Rachel was using the Phoenix Force as easily as a child skips down the street. I'd wanna see exploration of power sets that have the potential to be Omega Level.

3. Do you think the list will change?
    I 100% think the list will change as writers explore power sets.

4. Do you think a mutant is born with Omega Level power(s) or can they develop their power(s) to reach Omega Level?
    Both. For example, let's take Magneto and Jubilee. Magneto was obviously born with Omega Level abilities and his life circumstances, will and drive enabled him to reach immense levels of his power. He was born with the power and learned how to use it at it's uppermost (albeit undefined) levels.
    It has been written that Jubilee has the power to go nuclear, but her life struggles never necessitated her having to reach that level. In comparison, her life was a picnic when you think about the struggles of Magneto. Under different circumstances with no "happy go lucky mall-rat" attitude would Jubilee have the developed her powers the way Magneto has?
    Then you add in folks like Charles and Emma who have no doubt developed their abilities to crazy intense levels, but they just weren't born with the raw telepathic power of Jean or Quentin.
    In the entire discussion, I love bringing in Monet. She has several powers, is hella powerful, but none of her abilities are Omega Level and there's no indication that she would ever be on that level.
    I love this discussion!
    Most mutants have been stated to have great power at one point or another hell egg was stated to not have a limit on the amount of gold balls he can create I guess he too should be omega by your logic then.

BANNED

Completely agree, of course the list will change.
    Look at how they added Magneto and Storm recently, and the Storm thing is very moot because of Thor.
    If storm being omega is nonsensical then rouge being one is absolutely illogical .....

I mean when in all her history was rouge ever stated to be remotely close to omega level, cause I know storm has been stated to at least have omega potential years before hickman and age had the likes of tempus, chamber and psylocke there with her and also been stated to be a possible omega a number of times.... When has rouge ever been stated to be omega or that she has unlimited power.... Please Show scans.

Completely agree, of course the list will change.
    Look at how they added Magneto and Storm recently, and the Storm thing is very moot because of Thor.
    Does Thor manipulate weather that exists naturally or does he create his storms outta nowhere baby?
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

Quote Originally Posted by Rosa Snarks View Post
    Does Thor manipulate weather that exists naturally or does he create his storms outta nowhere baby?
    Storm’s power is “Weather manipulation” per Hickman, not “manifestation,” as Legion’s power is classified 😂🤣😂🤣

Now I’m just having fun with this.

Storm’s power is “Weather manipulation” per Hickman, not “manifestation,” as Legion’s power is classified ��������

Haha, you go!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

BANNED

I mean he creates thunderstorms weather in space or on earth. He manifests weather case in point elements of a thunderstorm rain, wind, lightning, thunder. Can he manipulate this yh but not to a fine extent it's more basic settings in manipulation.

BANNED

Storm’s power is “Weather manipulation” per Hickman, not “manifestation,” as Legion’s power is classified ��������

Exactly she is a weather manipulator not a manifestor I think that would be Thor.

I was happy with the data page on omega level mutants. I loved in X-men Forever when Jean and Iceman were revealed to be omega level. Soon after it felt like it the concept was lost until Morrison's run where Jean was referenced as being omega. Of course Morrison did what others would soon do and add more to the list as he added Quire.

Of course Rachel was described as omega way before the X-men Forever mini in year 2000, but I think it is safe to say the classification from Nimrod may not be the same as we are using now, though Rachel has many times been described as having powers that are "off the charts".

For me the omega distinction lost meaning with too many mutants being described as such, like some new creation from Bendis (I forget his name) and even before that when Fraction or whomever described Emma as being omega level. I love Emma and she's been in my top ten X-men since the Morrison run but I would never see her being omega (though she is among the most powerful telepaths in the Marvel Universe.. certainly in the top 5, maybe in the top 3). That is when I thought the omega level label had jumped the shark. I know other fans will vehemently disagree and I don't mean to annoy the die hard Emma stans.

So I loved Hickman's list though there were problems (like it is too white for example and I recall saying that here on this very forum when House of X was released). I do like a definitive list and I do like the definition provided. I do recall all the discussions and debates because there were two telepaths on the list but we also had what three reality warpers.

Now the list has expanded because there are more omega mutants they are just on Mars now I guess. Which shows Hickman and company aren't always truthful in interviews which is to be expected because they don't give away story. Hickman has said the omega list was definitive and acted like they wouldn't be adding to it, but they did!

When I first read the omega data page I was hoping there would be big things in store for the omega level mutants and Planet Size X-men did not disappoint. I do hope there are more omega level shenanigans in store for the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    I see people are confusing powerful with unlimited

If Rogue was truly an omega level mutant she would be able to take every mutants power at the same time. We know that isn't the case

Magma would be able to burn hotter than the sun thus destroying all life on earth which isn't the case

Polaris is weaker than Magneto
    lie, and Rogue has taken the power of all the heroes of the earth at once.
    That is certainly an Omega merit whether you like it or not.

And we talk about hundreds and hundreds of powers, including almost all the Omega and some royal gods. That is an undeniable Omega merit.

Polaris and Rachel ate Omega too
    Last edited by Sylarmax; 08-07-2021 at 06:54 PM.

Astonishing Member

The thing that surprised me most from the list is Omega (that mutant who is a VERY close friend of Mimic) not being an Omega, when his name is a reference to him being an Omega.
    I think he should be just as powerful as Vulcan, they are very similar.

Other mutants who surprise me with regards to not being omegas are the 2 Xorn brothers, who can probably do all Magneto can do, + other things + destroy the planet by commiting suicide and creating a black hole

With regards to Jean, she hasn't always been an Omega. When Jean was resurrected in the 80s she was made weaker, to make her more usable, and she was an Alpha level mutant all the 90s until Morrison got her and gave her the Phoenix again. In Age of Apocalypse mutants were explicitely classified as omegas, alphas, or lesser kinds, and Jean was called Alpha level mutant, like Havok or Scott.
    The big deal about Jean and Scott before Morrison, is that their genes combined perfectly to produce super powerful mutants, like X-Man or Stryfe (who is Cable without the techno organic infection) or Rachel who was Phoenix host for many years.

These 2 characters have been forgotten (Lionel Jeffries, who has been dead since the 80s) or very nerfed (Madison Jeffries), but I think they could make sense as Omegas with the new definition of Omegas, as transmutators or inorganic matter (Madison) and of organic matter (Lionel)
    Lionel could kill Krakoa on his own by absorbing it

It only matters for practical purposes it is the same and for Marvel he is much more powerful than her. : o

BANNED

It only matters for practical purposes it is the same and for Marvel he is much more powerful than her. : o
    It's a simple question does he manipulate existing weather or he creates it out of nowhere answer that and you have you answer as to why storm is the omega level weather manipulator.