Page 4 of 55 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Thread: Omega Level

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    With regards to Jean, she hasn't always been an Omega. When Jean was resurrected in the 80s she was made weaker, to make her more usable, and she was an Alpha level mutant all the 90s until Morrison got her and gave her the Phoenix again. In Age of Apocalypse mutants were explicitely classified as omegas, alphas, or lesser kinds, and Jean was called Alpha level mutant, like Havok or Scott.
    The big deal about Jean and Scott before Morrison, is that their genes combined perfectly to produce super powerful mutants, like X-Man or Stryfe (who is Cable without the techno organic infection) or Rachel who was Phoenix host for many years.
    Yes Jean was always an Omega...Jean and Bobby were designated as such as teenagers, well before even beginning to realize their potential.

And Sentinel "Omega" designations or those from other realities or timelines do not automatically carry the same meaning as what has been used over the last 20 years in 616 (unlimited potential/undefinable upper limit)...Greek letter rankings are pretty generic and can be used to denote current power, potential power, threat/danger level, priority for capture, political/influence, etc...in fact the Sentinels themselves are ranked in Greek letters based on their model capabilities. You can't just unilaterally take any utterance of "Omega" and think it has the exact same connotation as what is being used now

Quote Originally Posted by Omega_DCD View Post
    Yes Jean was always an Omega...Jean and Bobby were designated as such as teenagers, well before even beginning to realize their potential.

And Sentinel "Omega" designations or those from other realities or timelines do not automatically carry the same meaning as what has been used over the last 20 years in 616 (unlimited potential/undefinable upper limit)...Greek letter rankings are pretty generic and can be used to denote current power, potential power, threat/danger level, priority for capture, political/influence, etc...in fact the Sentinels themselves are ranked in Greek letters based on their model capabilities. You can't just unilaterally take any utterance of "Omega" and think it has the exact same connotation as what is being used now
    Jean was clocked as an Omega before the term and half the characters on the list even existed 😂

"Do not underestimate the girl! She has INFINITE mental powers!" declared the finely tuned and highly advanced robot.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Jean was clocked as an Omega before the term and half the characters on the list even existed ��

"Do not underestimate the girl! She has INFINITE mental powers!" declared the finely tuned and highly advanced robot.
    People just love to hate on Jean and try to negate her abilities. We know what we are talking about. Jean is the Omega's Omega.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    Most mutants have been stated to have great power at one point or another hell egg was stated to not have a limit on the amount of gold balls he can create I guess he too should be omega by your logic then.
    I participate in the thread by contributing a well-thought out response and you reduce everything I wrote to Egg being Omega by my logic? I include a few mutants as examples who, arguably, could be Omega Level and you bring it back to Egg being Omega Level by my logic? Please explain how because I really want to hear this.
    Mutant and Proud!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Xavier and Frost are not Omega Level mutants, but alpha level. Quentin can think 1000 thoughts per second. Jean, well, Jean is a Goddess!

Jean has also developed her abilities to "crazy intense levels" too AND she is way more powerful than Xavier and Frost.
    I know that Charles and Emma are not Omega Level. I included them because I feel their telepathic abilities rival Kid Omega, if not Jean's.
    Mutant and Proud!

Quote Originally Posted by GeneTitan View Post
    I know that Charles and Emma are not Omega Level. I included them because I feel their telepathic abilities rival Kid Omega, if not Jean's.
    They do not rival Jean's ability though.

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

weather : the state of the atmosphere with respect to heat or cold, wetness or dryness, calm or storm, clearness or cloudiness
    2 : state or vicissitude of life or fortune
    3 : disagreeable atmospheric conditions: such as
    a : rain, storm
    b : cold air with dampness
    4 : weathering

manipulate verb
    Save Word

To save this word, you'll need to log in.
    ma·​nip·​u·​late | \ mə-ˈni-pyə-ˌlāt
    \
    manipulated; manipulating
    Definition of manipulate

transitive verb
    1 : to treat or operate with or as if with the hands or by mechanical means especially in a skillful manner manipulate a pencil manipulate a machine
    2a : to manage or utilize skillfully quantify our data and manipulate it statistically— S. L. Payne
    b : to control or play upon by artful, unfair, or insidious means especially to one's own advantage being used and manipulated by the knowing men around him — New Republic
    3 : to change by artful or unfair means so as to serve one's purpose : doctor suspected that the police reports were manipulated— Evelyn G. Cruickshanks
    Other Words from

lets at least observe the definition first before we put or preconceived limitations.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

People just love to hate on Jean and try to negate her abilities. We know what we are talking about. Jean is the Omega's Omega.
    It's not so much as "love" to hate as it is that their insecurity, usually about their own favorite character(s), compels them to. She can be a divisive character, which most powerful and popular characters are.

It's not so much as "love" to hate as it is that their insecurity, usually about their own favorite character(s), compels them to. She can be a divisive character, which most powerful and popular characters are.
    You think? I do not. I think they love to hate on Jean. Not interested or liking a character is one thing, but this goes beyond that.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneTitan View Post
    canonically xavier is the most powerful telepath whether jean agrees or not lol.

You think? I do not. I think they love to hate on Jean. Not interested or liking a character is one thing, but this goes beyond that.
    Insecurity can certainly breed hate. In either case, hating on Jean by insulting her and her fans only makes those that do it look sad, dour, and pathetic. Don't get me wrong, I've poked my fun and thrown some shade at a character or two, but usually, I laugh it off. However, if you feel the need to go on and on demeaning and degrading a character and their fans, I'm sorry, but there's something wrong with you.

I always thought that Jean should be Omega by tk not by telepathy, Xavier was considered the most powerful telepathy even when jean was added the Omega tag.
    that's why always associate his Omega level with his tk.

Maybe they'll fix this in time once Hickman is gone from xbooks

Quote Originally Posted by Sylarmax View Post
    I always thought that Jean should be Omega by tk not by telepathy, Xavier was considered the most powerful telepathy even when jean was added the Omega tag.
    that's why always associate his Omega level with his tk.

Maybe they'll fix this in time once Hickman is gone from xbooks
    You have a point, but even he has admitted that Jean is more powerful than him telepathically.

Astonishing Member

I don't think "omega level telepath" when it was mentioned with regards to Emma in the past, implied that she was an omega level mutant, it was more like "black belt" at telepathy. She was never an omega level mutant.

By now we should accept there has been some serious retconning about things that were never consistent.
    Right now I remember Hickman's Time Runs Out thing, at some point the orignal characters servants of Thanos, like Corvus Blade (I think that was his name), attack the xmen school, and they identify Iceman as Omega Level mutant but not Storm as one. Rachel was also not identified as an Omega by them, and they identified Wolverine as something like immortal man.

This is what from Age of Apocalypse 1995, Wolverine and Jean identified as Alpha Level Mutants, the forced of Apocalypse ask for an Alpha Level Mutant back up to face them and they send Havok

Storm’s power is “Weather manipulation” per Hickman, not “manifestation,” as Legion’s power is classified 😂🤣😂🤣

Now I’m just having fun with this.
    Meen sure if I understand this humor.
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡