Page 28 of 55 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast

Thread: Omega Level

Quote Originally Posted by PyroFN View Post
    Cortez does not have the feats of amplifying multiple Omega Level powers in a singular day. The explanation of Hope’s powers maybe simply explained, but giving Omega’s powers so that they don’t tire while terraforming a planet is not a feat any mutant has ever done before.

Only the mutants who actually did feats on their own get to take the credit for those achievements: Storm, Jean, Quentin, Elixir, Lactuca, Magneto, Iceman, Monarch, and Xilo.

There is no evidence that either Vulcan or Proteus would have been capable of producing those feats at the rate they did had Hope not been there.

What are you talking about? Hope has never fainted from mimicking too many abilities. The only time Hope had ever fainted was because she was breaching the helmet of Ku’urth single handedly, who need I remind you, was trouncing over mutants left and right.

That fainting was the result of her performing a strenuous feat using multiple mutant powers not from mimicking multiple powers itself. She was facing a cosmic level foe with little training in the use of her Omega Level mimicry.

She was just fine every single time she had mimicked multiple abilities at once:

Also. Hope had only had access to her powers for like a few weeks at best in these scans. She was a novice with little to no training or experience with them. Jean fainted quite a bit as a teen in the early years too, but that doesnt negate her omega status. Hope isnt at her peak and as the youngest Omega, still has alot of room to grow and develop. The potential within her has not been realized yet

As far as the comparison to Cortez, he doenst have the fine motor control that she does. Her power manipulation is perfect. She can get mutants to operate at peak levels and synchronize multiple powers in perfect unison. He also only amplifies powers whereas Hope can stabilize mutations. Her abilities are more versatile than his. He also hasnt been stated to have limitless power and potential, whereas she has and thats been consistent since she was crated

Quote Originally Posted by Paragon View Post
    Has this scenario happened multiple times, or just in Second Coming, when her powers first manifested?
    They are just taking the Ku’urth feat out of context, not acknowledging the fact that the same entity was trouncing mutants and other super-heroes left and right.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosa Snarks View Post
    Possibly, but didn't Rachel generate a black hole? I apologize if I'm not remembering that correctly but that seems pretty omega to me. But that's the most memorable feat of hers that I can remember. I'm sure she has done better but that one feat always sticks out to me.
    I agree, Rachel should be an Omega...and yes she created a black hole in Uncanny X-men 447.
    RCO019_1468883249.jpg
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

They are just taking the Ku’urth feat out of context, not acknowledging the fact that the same entity was trouncing mutants and other super-heroes left and right.
    Thank you. I remember all those random panels with Cyclops and his never-ending list of ideas to try and stop Ku'urth, but forgot all about how they actually resolved the fight for some reason.

Possibly, but didn't Rachel generate a black hole? I apologize if I'm not remembering that correctly but that seems pretty omega to me. But that's the most memorable feat of hers that I can remember. I'm sure she has done better but that one feat always sticks out to me.
    She has quite a bit of feats that could give her a good argument for the Omega status over Quentin’s placement or Exodus’. Rachel has statements and feats. Things like:

Telekinetically: Catching Providence telekinetically and slowing it’s fall. Exodus has produced a shield over an entire city and did threaten to crush it in the bubble. This is a version of Rachel that is less experienced than her current incarnation, so her powers should be a step below her current incarnation.

Telepathically: Psychically dueling Xavier. In this same issue, he compliments her as a telepath. This again, takes place before her power-up later on. By scaling, she should have a lot more raw power than this. As far as skill and experience goes, I rate Emma and Xavier above Rachel, which is why they still remain better telepaths overall than her, but as far as pure raw power goes, I think I currently rate Rachel above at least Emma, if not Xavier as well.

Both?: Dueling with Jean Grey to a stand-still. I subscribe more to the idea that Rachel compares better to Jean as a psi than either Exodus or Quentin ever have. There are clear feats that put Jean above Rachel, but I think the comparison is for Rachel for good reason. It has even been admitted by Jean herself that Rachel is someone who can hurt her in a legitimate fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Paragon View Post
    Thank you. I remember all those random panels with Cyclops and his never-ending list of ideas to try and stop Ku'urth, but forgot all about how they actually resolved the fight for some reason.
    It was resolved by Colossus becoming Juggernaut. Unfortunately, Hope’s success was in vain, due to the plan being Emma psychically dominating Ku’urth with Cerebra. Well….

It was resolved by Colossus becoming Juggernaut. Unfortunately, Hope’s success was in vain, due to the plan being Emma psychically dominating Ku’urth with Cerebra. Well….
    Ha ha. I was even more right about forgetting how that fight went than I thought. Thanks again.

That was a fun battle, in retrospect.

As someone who has been called every thing under the sun, including a cannibal by people who claim to not be racist I'm going to tell you right now, don't tell me how to interpret anything and how I should feel by it. ESPECIALLY when I had to sit through Storm being called a "black female goku" and a "black mary sue", among other things and saw people get away with it, without any repercussions.
    I don't want to derail this thread again, but I do want to make a couple of things clear. 1) I have been discriminated against too, which has resulted in both verbal and physical abuse. Thankfully, I know how to talk and fight back. I do not take discrimination lightly, neither the occurrence nor accusation of it. 2) I was not trying to tell you how to interpret nor feel about Sylarmax's comment. I was simply suggesting - and generally, I might add - that "we shouldn't attack each other" nor accuse each other of things we are not 100% certain are true.

That being said, I am sorry you have been discriminated against to such a degree. Also, those Ororo insults are disgusting.

Let's continue with the discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    I agree, Rachel should be an Omega...and yes she created a black hole in Uncanny X-men 447.
    RCO019_1468883249.jpg
    Agreed. Also: YES, MAMA! :bows down:

She has quite a bit of feats that could give her a good argument for the Omega status over Quentin’s placement or Exodus’. Rachel has statements and feats. Things like:

Telekinetically: Catching Providence telekinetically and slowing it’s fall. Exodus has produced a shield over an entire city and did threaten to crush it in the bubble. This is a version of Rachel that is less experienced than her current incarnation, so her powers should be a step below her current incarnation.

Wow. Also, I love when mother and daughter interact on a deep level. I wish we could see them together more.

Incredible Member

How about Havok?

Havok vs Vulcan.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by raidensix View Post
    How about Havok?

Havok vs Vulcan.jpg
    He cant be bc Vulcan exists

Fantastic Member

From what I remember, there is already water molecules available on Mars. The problem is the atmosphere is not at the correct conditions to be habitable for life. Iceman’s role in creating the polar ice caps on Mars is to regulate the temperatures of the planet, like our own ice caps so on Earth. That is why is why pollution is such a big deal and why it’s so hard for planets to have life sustained on them. Our planet literally has the perfect conditions for it due to multiple factors. A singular change to those factors drastically messes with the balance of nature.

Sobunar, from what I can tell, is basically a walking ocean. He generate salt water in his blood. I don’t know how the ocean life factor into it. Maybe he creates both? Maybe Sobunar collected ocean life to live in his body at one point? At face value, the former seems to be true.
    Oh, good point about Iceman. And since his power is temperature manipulation, rather than specifically water ice manipulation, he should be able to freeze other elements, so Perhaps he froze harmful things like acids in this ice pole.

Sobunar's power still does not make sense to me. Isn't he limited by amount of his blood? Having ocean in his body is a weird power. From the four Omega Level arraki only Lattuca's power is easy to explain and understand. Others are vague.

Quote Originally Posted by Harasar View Post
    Oh, good point about Iceman. And since his power is temperature manipulation, rather than specifically water ice manipulation, he should be able to freeze other elements, so Perhaps he froze harmful things like acids in this ice pole.

Sobunar's power still does not make sense to me. Isn't he limited by amount of his blood? Having ocean in his body is a weird power. From the four Omega Level arraki only Lattuca's power is easy to explain and understand. Others are vague.
    I am not sure about the freezing of harmful things, but I am positive the creating of the ice caps definitely help with regulating the temps. I think the harmful elements or gases or whatever clearing probably fell on either Proteus or Storm’s boundaries to clear. Proteus was seemingly in charge of terraforming with Hope’s help and Storm was in charge of regulating the climate across the planet. That would include controlling air pressure and gases. From what I remember, rain has been known to clear polluted air…… though acid rain is a thing….I don’t know. That might be one of the greater mysteries, so this only my guess.

I believe so. If his blood is composed of an ocean-like setting, then it could be based around how much blood the heart can pump. Most likely a reason why Hope and Monarch, a power amped and reality warper, were necessary.

Xilo is basically a shape-shifter/biokinetic to some degree. He can basically break apart his body and turn into what I assume are the equivalent of Earthworms, who make tunnels across the planet to let oxygen flow in the soil, give plants room for their roots easier, and to eat the decomposed material. I really recommend looking up what Earthworms do. It’s very fascinating.

Fantastic Member

I am not sure about the freezing of harmful things, but I am positive the creating of the ice caps definitely help with regulating the temps. I think the harmful elements or gases or whatever clearing probably fell on either Proteus or Storm’s boundaries to clear. Proteus was seemingly in charge of terraforming with Hope’s help and Storm was in charge of regulating the climate across the planet. That would include controlling air pressure and gases. From what I remember, rain has been known to clear polluted air…… though acid rain is a thing….I don’t know. That might be one of the greater mysteries, so this only my guess.

I believe so. If his blood is composed of an ocean-like setting, then it could be based around how much blood the heart can pump. Most likely a reason why Hope and Monarch, a power amped and reality warper, were necessary.

Xilo is basically a shape-shifter/biokinetic to some degree. He can basically break apart his body and turn into what I assume are the equivalent of Earthworms, who make tunnels across the planet to let oxygen flow in the soil, give plants room for their roots easier, and to eat the decomposed material. I really recommend looking up what Earthworms do. It’s very fascinating.
    It would have been so good if they added a data page explaining everyone's role in teraformation, like they did when the Five were introduced.

Quote Originally Posted by Harasar View Post
    It would have been so good if they added a data page explaining everyone's role in teraformation, like they did when the Five were introduced.
    I agree with this.
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

The Red Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Not shocked at all.

It's funny, how the original Onega mutant doesn't make the list. I assume without the Phoenix Force Jean and Exidus surpass her abilities
    The original omega mutants as classified by Xavier were Jean and Iceman. Then came countless people applying the term wrong or just throwing it on their favorite characters. At least Hickman made a definitive list. Rachel was never omega. People cant assume Nimrod’s classification is the same considering the actual meaning of omega didnt come out years later. What next omega red should be omega cuz he’s been called Omega?