Page 37 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2733343536373839404147 ... LastLast

Thread: Omega Level

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    As some fans have noted about Storm, based on the original Jim Lee X-Men card set the new Russell Dauterman variant covers are based on, her powers are classified as mental powers versus energy projection. My sisters were literally equal back then and since Ororo was finally classified as an Omega Level Mutant, I am sure they are equal now.

God, I love them.

Where is the stats how can we read it.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    Where is the stats how can we read it.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega_DCD View Post

Thanks for posting these!

Thanks for posting these!
    No problem

As some fans have noted about Storm, based on the original Jim Lee X-Men card set the new Russell Dauterman variant covers are based on, her powers are classified as mental powers versus energy projection. My sisters were literally equal back then and since Ororo was finally classified as an Omega Level Mutant, I am sure they are equal now.

God, I love them.

Interesting especially for those who love to debate feats and argue about who is more powerful between the two, etc.

I also long to see more of Storm and Jean together. I wish they were on the same team and leading the X-men. I know we saw a bit of it in X-men Red and later in Uncanny Disassembled but both were short runs. The new X-men team would be perfect to me if Storm was on it - we could replace Scott or Wolverine lol (but I'm glad Storm is doing stuff in space and being the leader we know she is).
    Last edited by MechaJeanix; 08-24-2021 at 08:11 PM.

Agreed, MechaJeanix.

Also, how to identify a Beyond Omega Level Mutant...

How to identify a Beyond Omega Level Mutant:

1. Categorized as having "infinite mental powers"? ✔️

2. Destiny declares you to be "a nexus of probabilities"? ✔️

3. Without being or having been possessed by the Phoenix Force, you can "control its mindscape," the White Hot Room? ✔️

Spectacular Member

God, I love them.

The stats are problematic because: 1) in Strength, they don't count Jean's TK compared to someone like Magneto(or Polaris) where they take in count his magnetic lifting powers; 2) Intelligence: Jean is more educated than Ororo she should be 4 not 3!; Mental Powers: Ororo should be 5 not 6 because she possesses ONE mental talent: Atmokinesis which gives her a control over weather/climate and thus she can manipulate a lot of things related to it(air/electricity for example) BUT these skills are NOT OTHER MENTAL TALENTS! Contrary to Jean who is a REAL multiple mental power user because she has TK & TP(so 2 mental talents)!
    Last edited by fridric; 08-25-2021 at 01:22 AM.

New theory - Hickman quit because of this shit.

Quote Originally Posted by fridric View Post
    The stats are problematic because: 1) in Strength, they don't count Jean's TK compared to someone like Magneto(or Polaris) where they take in count his magnetic lifting powers; 2) Intelligence: Jean is more educated than Ororo she should be 4 not 3!; Mental Powers: Ororo should be 5 not 6 because she possesses ONE mental talent: Atmokinesis which gives her a control over weather/climate and thus she can manipulate a lot of things related to it(air/electricity for example) BUT these skills are NOT OTHER MENTAL TALENTS! Contrary to Jean who is a REAL multiple mental power user because she has TK & TP(so 2 mental talents)!

Storm’s energy projection (level 7 infinite omega)

Electro magnetic energy generation

Storm’s mental powers (weather manipulation umbrella) (level 7 infinite omega)

Aerokinesis
    Hydrokinesis
    Thermokinesis
    Electrokinesis
    Ergokinesis
    Many more…….

Other:
    Godhood

Jean’s mental powers (telepathy umbrella) (level 7 infinite omega)

Astral projection
    Psionic siphoning
    Psionic boosting
    Mind blast
    Empathy
    Mind reading
    Mind control
    Telemetry
    Many more….

Others:
    Telekinesis
    Last edited by Daedra; 08-25-2021 at 02:34 AM.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Storm’s mental powers (weather manipulation umbrella) (level 7 infinite omega)

Aerokinesis
    Hydrokinesis
    Thermokinesis
    Electrokinesis
    Ergokinesis
    Many more…….

Other:
    Godhood

Jean’s mental powers (telepathy umbrella) (level 7 infinite omega)

Astral projection
    Psionic siphoning
    Psionic boosting
    Mind blast
    Empathy
    Mind reading
    Mind control
    Telemetry
    Many more….

Others:
    Telekinesis
    You know what you wrote says I'm right because aerokinesis/hydrokinesis/etc are SUBSKILLS of the MAIN MENTAL TALENT= Weather Manipulation for Ororo. Also, you made a parallel for Jean with her TP: for example, Astral Projection is NOT a mental talent but a SUBSKILL!

You know what you wrote says I'm right because aerokinesis/hydrokinesis/etc are SUBSKILLS of the MAIN MENTAL TALENT= Weather Manipulation for Ororo. Also, you made a parallel for Jean with her TP: for example, Astral Projection is NOT a mental talent but a SUBSKILL!
    We disagree, there’s not much I can do about that because unlike jean grey I’m not a telepath
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    We disagree, there’s not much I can do about that because unlike jean grey I’m not a telepath
    It's simple: for example a mutant with the power of Matter Manipulation, her/his mental talent is Matter Manipulation. He/She can manipulate the elements(Elemental Manipulation) which is a SUBSKILLS of Matter Manipulation BUT this subskill will not be considered as a mental talent itself BECAUSE the MAIN(or ONLY) POWER(MENTAL TALENT) is Matter Manipulation, right?
    Where you made a mistake, is that you considered the subskills as other mental talents.
    But it's normal that someone can easily make this mistake because these subskills exist as independant powers too!
    With my own example, Elemental Manipulation can exist independentely as a mental talent too! A user with ONLY the power of Elemental Manipulation would be considered as a mental talent and not a subskill!
    Conclusion, ALL DEPENDS OF THE POWER A USER POSSESSES to determine what is a mental talent and what is a subskill ,even if subskill can exist as a mental talent by itself!

It's simple: for example a mutant with the power of Matter Manipulation, her/his mental talent is Matter Manipulation. He/She can manipulate the elements(Elemental Manipulation) which is a SUBSKILLS of Matter Manipulation BUT this subskill will not be considered as a mental talent itself BECAUSE the MAIN(or ONLY) POWER(MENTAL TALENT) is Matter Manipulation, right?
    Where you made a mistake, is that you considered the subskills as other mental talents.
    But it's normal that someone can easily make this mistake because these subskills exist as independant powers too!
    With my own example, Elemental Manipulation can exist independentely as a mental talent too! A user with ONLY the power of Elemental Manipulation would be considered as a mental talent and not a subskill!
    Conclusion, ALL DEPENDS OF THE POWER A USER POSSESSES to determine what is a mental talent and what is a subskill ,even if subskill can exist as a mental talent by itself!
    Yeah, the fact is…. I still disagree ….but It’s good that you found an explanation that works for you, that’s what is important at the end of the day.

Strength is based on physical strength and being able to lift a certain amount of weight with your arms extended. Yes, other powers can simulate physical strength to achieve a similar outcome, but that's not what that rating is for.

And a 6 for mental powers doesn't only mean multiple psionic powers...there's a semicolon there between the two definition. Multiple developed mental powers OR master psionic can apply. Xavier and Emma were also rated 6 for their singular power of telepathy. In this case, Storm has master level aptitude in her ability to psionically manifest weather phenomenon.

In the issues when Emma switched bodies with Storm and Storm was trying to get a handle on how to use telepathy, she remembered conversations she had with Jean, and realized how similar the process is to how she uses her own powers, by concentrating and focusing her will

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    New theory - Hickman quit because of this shit.
    😂🤣😂🤣! It’s all fun and games. Besides, we all know Jean is the most powerful mutant. She raids and rides the mindscapes of gods and, beyond them, cosmic forces. Knowing that…

…well, it makes me tingle.