Page 5 of 55 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Omega Level

Quote Originally Posted by Sylarmax View Post
    It only matters for practical purposes it is the same and for Marvel he is much more powerful than her. : o
    Girl bye you just upset Storm on the list. I wonder why 😂
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    It's a simple question does he manipulate existing weather or he creates it out of nowhere answer that and you have you answer as to why storm is the omega level weather manipulator.
    Like .. my question was not that hard to comprehend. 😭
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE

♡♡♡

Spectacular Member

Well, I'm not happy with the current definition. Since it's stated to be an Omega LEVEL, by logic, there should be multiple people who can reach the same level, right? Like Jean and Quentin who are both Omega level telepaths! Why can't be Polaris and Magneto both OL magnetic manipulators???
    For the mutants who are on the list, I'm not OK with Kid Omega, Proteus, Exodus and Vulcan as Omega level: Kid Omega being an Omega only in your dreams, Proteus is not the best reality warper, Exodus/Vulcan are enhanced alpha mutants(so not born Omega level).
    Definitively, they should add the "lost Omega mutants": Rachel/Cable/X-Man, surely Darwin should be on that list too!
    IMO, Jean MUST be classified as an Omega Psionic, not just telepathy, and so, her children as it should be but with Hickman being an A-hole, I don't think we will see it soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosa Snarks View Post
    Girl bye you just upset Storm on the list. I wonder why ��
    Because Hickman felt like it for the sake of history.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

I'm perfectly happy with the current definition but certain things on the list don't feel "correct," and it feels unfinished regardless. For example - Iceman is omega for temperature manipulation to the negative, which implies that there should be someone for temperature manipulation to the positive... Magma? Also, holy hell, there needs to be more women on it in general.

Replace Franklin with Wanda.

Make Jean omega at psionic powers entirely. Replace Exodus with Rachel. Etc.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

canonically xavier is the most powerful telepath whether jean agrees or not lol.
    This is where it gets muddy for me. Why isn't Xavier Omega Level? And is he more powerful than Jean? Or does he just have more skill, practice and will do dirty psionic shit that Jean will NOT do?
    Now that I write it, I think I keep focusing on Charles and Emma because they will use their telepathy to wipe minds, alter memories, etc. to suit their own needs. Jean COULD do that, she just wouldn't.
    Well, until a writer decides to do a retcon where Jean was mind-wiping bitches and we didn't know.
    Mutant and Proud!

Quote Originally Posted by GeneTitan View Post
    This is where it gets muddy for me. Why isn't Xavier Omega Level? And is he more powerful than Jean? Or does he just have more skill, practice and will do dirty psionic shit that Jean will NOT do?
    Now that I write it, I think I keep focusing on Charles and Emma because they will use their telepathy to wipe minds, alter memories, etc. to suit their own needs. Jean COULD do that, she just wouldn't.
    Well, until a writer decides to do a retcon where Jean was mind-wiping bitches and we didn't know.
    It's really simple. Jean has done things telepathically Xavier has not. Xavier has never switched bodies with sheer telepathic will. Jean is the only one to accomplish that and that feat is still undefinable. Quentin managed to mentally bring himself back and be aware when he was dead, something Xavier never did or any other telepath until legion with the resurrection protocols but a body already existed. Thor's powers have never changed to match the weather of what ever dimension or world he is one, he manifests his powers the same thereby it's undefinable how Storm powers work. Legion can call on many powers, no one can call on more powers than him not because he is the most powerful but because the number of personalities thereby powers he can create is undefinable. No one has actually done what magneto has done despite it being said others could. no one haas reached the levels of Exodus in TK despite the potential being said to be there by many. The list is as simple as putting a cap on what was potential and what was done and can't be defined. If a new writer comes along and rachel does something with her tp or tk that you can't identify as being done ever, then i'm sure she would make the omega list.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

I think the list is good as is. I love Dazzler, Bishop, Gambit, Polaris, Psylocke & Rogue. All are extremely powerful alphas with great potential. However, I like that the omega list is limited/keeps them as a rarity, and shluld stay that way for awhile.

Because Hickman felt like it for the sake of history.
    If that was the case, why your sister ain't make the cut? Why are you so mad that Storm made it and Rogue did not? You've been gunning for Storm more than any other character on the list, and when you step back and look at the list ... it's quite weird that of ALL the characters on the list, Storm, the only black woman on the list, is the one you're most upset about. Not a good look.

Storm is on the list because no other weather manipulator can do what she does. In fact, the only one who could manipulate the weather in the same manner as her, was defeated by her and Scott eons ago, when she was younger and less experienced than she is now. It's not her fault that none of the girls are seeing her
    Last edited by Rosa Snarks; 08-08-2021 at 11:24 AM.
    CHECKMATE

♡♡♡

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    It's really simple. Jean has done things telepathically Xavier has not. Xavier has never switched bodies with sheer telepathic will. Jean is the only one to accomplish that and that feat is still undefinable. Quentin managed to mentally bring himself back and be aware when he was dead, something Xavier never did or any other telepath until legion with the resurrection protocols but a body already existed. Thor's powers have never changed to match the weather of what ever dimension or world he is one, he manifests his powers the same thereby it's undefinable how Storm powers work. Legion can call on many powers, no one can call on more powers than him not because he is the most powerful but because the number of personalities thereby powers he can create is undefinable. No one has actually done what magneto has done despite it being said others could. no one haas reached the levels of Exodus in TK despite the potential being said to be there by many. The list is as simple as putting a cap on what was potential and what was done and can't be defined. If a new writer comes along and rachel does something with her tp or tk that you can't identify as being done ever, then i'm sure she would make the omega list.
    Excellent explanation! They're the BEST of the best in their respective categories and that's why they're the omegas!!
    CHECKMATE

♡♡♡

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    She’s also ”telepathically reached in and turn[ed] off” someone’s mind, which I assume she can do far more easily than she lets on.

The losers you’re talking about aren’t even as Omega as Sobunar in their dreams.

I have a doubt that may not have much to do with the topic proposal but, can Magic and Mystic Powers also be acquired by mutation? An example is some character having the mutated power to manipulate magic?

Quote Originally Posted by Rosa Snarks View Post
    If that was the case, why your sister ain't make the cut? Why are you so mad that Storm made it and Rogue did not? You've been gunning for Storm more than any other character on the list, and when you step back and look at the list ... it's quite weird that of ALL the characters on the list, Storm, the only black woman on the list, is the one you're most upset about. Not a good look.

Storm is on the list because no other weather manipulator can do what she does. In fact, the only one who could manipulate the weather in the same manner as her, was defeated by her and Scott eons ago, when she was younger and less experienced than she is now. It's not her fault that none of the girls are seeing her
    QFT

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    The losers you’re talking about aren’t even as Omega as Sobunar in their dreams.
    You literally made me spit my coffee lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    I think Sobunar is my favorite Omega.

His power is just so cool and vast.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!