Page 32 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642 ... LastLast

Thread: Omega Level

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    May I ask where the first scan is from where the PF is talking?
    Excalibur?

Classic x-men?
    Last edited by Daedra; 08-15-2021 at 02:28 PM.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

May I ask where the first scan is from where the PF is talking?
    Avengers 44 by Aaron. There is also a jean scene at the end of it too with her talking to Maya about being the new phoenix.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    The willful and flagrant bastardization of the Phoenix Force mythos is staggering. I wonder what Claremont thinks about all of this. Has he commented?
    I don't think he commented on it. But i was already pretty done with the Phoenix force. Everyone had a shard like it was pokemon or sailor moon's crystal or something.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Avengers 44 by Aaron. There is also a jean scene at the end of it too with her talking to Maya about being the new phoenix.
    Thank you! It looked like an much older scan but I could not place from where.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Thank you! It looked like an much older scan but I could not place from where.
    The one in the comment i responded to i think was an older one.The one i posted was from avengers. I don't know what issue the initial first image i responded to came from though.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

The one in the comment i responded to i think was an older one.The one i posted was from avengers. I don't know what issue the initial first image i responded to came from though.
    Ah, gotcha. Thanks for the info and the help.

Maybe the op of it will know?

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Ah, gotcha. Thanks for the info and the help.

Maybe the op of it will know?
    It’s classic x-men #8

Second story in the issue
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    The willful and flagrant bastardization of the Phoenix Force mythos is staggering. I wonder what Claremont thinks about all of this. Has he commented?
    Whatever he thinks or feels or says is irrelevant.
    He doesn't own the Phoenix...he doesn't get a say in how it is written or used.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Whatever he thinks or feels or says is irrelevant.
    He doesn't own the Phoenix...he doesn't get a say in how it is written or used.
    In my headcanon, Jean contains within her the most vital and integral shard of the Phoenix Force, which still considers her its ideal and chosen host. As far as I am concerned, the Phoenix Force has chosen to respect her wishes and has partially bonded with Echo until the moment comes when Jean summons it back.

The other day I was thinking how cool it would be if we learned that the Phoenix Force is inseparable from Jean but that she can impart shards of it to other people to aid them if and when she chooses.
    Last edited by Mercury; 08-15-2021 at 04:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    It’s classic x-men #8

Second story in the issue
    Thank you for the details, Daedra my friend!

Let's start delving into the Omega Level Mutant (OLM) definition.

The word "power" as used in the OLM definition refers to mutant ability - these two words are often interchanged when used to term what mutants can do - which comprises scope, skill, and strength. Per the OLM definition, an OLM has an "undefinable upper limit" of scope, skill, and strength in their specific power/ability classification (e.g., telepathy, weather manipulation, telekinesis, etc.). Furthermore, this "undefinable upper limit" ensures that OLMs will continue or have the potential to grow in scope, skill, and strength indefinitely. In other words, an OLM has an "undefinable upper limit" of growth in skill, scope, and strength.

Moreover, there are gradations in the OLM category. Two or more mutants who are categorized OLM by the same power/ability classification (e.g., Jean Grey and Quentin Quire under telepathy) can alternately be at a higher level than the other in the manifestation of these three factors (i.e., again, scope, skill, and strength). Additionally, OLMs will always be at a considerably higher level than non-OLM mutants within the same power/ability classification in the manifestation of the aforementioned factors of said classification due to the undefinability of their upper limits in each.

This has been addressed already. There are no grades of Omega Level Mutant in the classification. Quentin and Jean are both omega level mutant in the telepath classification despite having different levels of skill. The definition is fairly clear.

Thus skill is not a factor in the definition of being an OLM.

A second example is Hope being born an OML from birth.

Anything else is conjecture and a theory that has many holes in it as swiss cheese. And a waste of energy even going down that rabbit hole.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 08-22-2021 at 03:26 PM.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

I don't think he commented on it. But i was already pretty done with the Phoenix force. Everyone had a shard like it was pokemon or sailor moon's crystal or something.
    I’ve been done with the Phoenix force for a long, long time. That and dystopian DOFP futures. Those two stories proved to be too iconic, leading to so many bad stories. They’re like a classic movie being given an endless series of unnecessary and increasingly horrible sequels.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    This has been addressed already. There are no grades of Omega Level Mutant in the classification. Quentin and Jean are both omega level mutant in the telepath classification despite having different levels of skill. The definition is fairly clear.

Thus skill is not a factor in the definition of being an OLM.

A second example is Hope being born an OML from birth.

Anything else is conjecture and a theory that has many holes in it as swiss cheese. And a waste of energy even going down that rabbit hole.
    so it means they both are equivalent in that potential yes?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    so it means they both are equivalent in that potential yes?
    I don't know if there is anything more that can be said other then what's in that paper. Hickman tried to stream line the definition so it's hard to say exactly anymore until we get more information.

But from what is implied with the Forge vs Magneto definition its that only certain power types can be omega level.

You won't get an omega level basket weaver because hypothetically there is a theoretical limit to the ability.

I think an omega level phaser is theoretical...like someone who can phase all of reality

I'd imagine Sabunar is there because his blood is life, the water contains plankton etc...

And Xilo is there because he fertilised the earth.

But why Tarn and Idyll are there is a mystery
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 08-22-2021 at 03:42 PM.