Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    ooh... just thought of a question... what about characters who can take on an energy form?

Scanner of the Acolytes could turn into an "electro-transitional hologram" and while in that state move seemingly at light speed.
    Depends, if you think their energy form lead to superhuman reaction speeds. Mental abilities are kind of their own thing

7746518-a538f206-2542-43c1-8437-60cd1b5ff08e.jpg
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Depends, if you think their energy form lead to superhuman reaction speeds. Mental abilities are kind of their own thing

7746518-a538f206-2542-43c1-8437-60cd1b5ff08e.jpg
    Well Another example is Lila Cheney, the lady who teleports to other galaxies if she really wants to. Which yeah... that definitely bypasses 3 dimensional space somehow. Mathing the exact speed is probably thousands of times light speed. But, it's a variant of teleportation. Scanner doesn't actually teleport. And unlike Xavier, it's not astral projection. Xavier has to leave his physical body behind.

Well Another example is Lila Cheney, the lady who teleports to other galaxies if she really wants to. Which yeah... that definitely bypasses 3 dimensional space somehow. Mathing the exact speed is probably thousands of times light speed. But, it's a variant of teleportation. Scanner doesn't actually teleport. And unlike Xavier, it's not astral projection. Xavier has to leave his physical body behind.
    I dont consider teleporter speedster. They bend space and time to reach their destination but usually dont have superhuman reaction to go with it.

TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

I dont consider teleporter speedster. They bend space and time to reach their destination but usually dont have superhuman reaction to go with it.
    Yeah that's the distinction I was trying to make. Scanner ISN'T a teleporter. She turns into an intangible form and flies around really fast.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Wait, are we talking running speed? Flight? If flight, are we including cosmic individuals that can access warp space, which actually enhances their speed since the limitations of traveling in normal space no longer apply? And if we are including individuals who use warp space, then are we also including individuals that are capable of creating gravity warps? Not many of those around -- mostly because Marvel writers haven't really thought about showing characters who can manipulate gravity and antiparticles in that way -- but it seems to me if you're including hyperspace hogs, you might as well toss in the gravity warpers -- or by the same token, exclude both groups.

Spider-Man
    The J-man

Yeah that's the distinction I was trying to make. Scanner ISN'T a teleporter. She turns into an intangible form and flies around really fast.
    Has her exact speed ever been mentioned?

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Wait, are we talking running speed? Flight? If flight, are we including cosmic individuals that can access warp space, which actually enhances their speed since the limitations of traveling in normal space no longer apply? And if we are including individuals who use warp space, then are we also including individuals that are capable of creating gravity warps? Not many of those around -- mostly because Marvel writers haven't really thought about showing characters who can manipulate gravity and antiparticles in that way -- but it seems to me if you're including hyperspace hogs, you might as well toss in the gravity warpers -- or by the same token, exclude both groups.
    From what I understand it's only people with Flash like abilities. People who can do multiple things in a second....running/reaction and some cases flight.

Maybe the OP can clarify.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Spider-Man
    Ah, I remember someone brought up that Peter was clocked at over 100mph in a Vixen Vs. Spider-Man debate. I was impressed, even though I counter by saying with the flight speed of a horsefly, Vixen can fly at Mach 5.5...good times
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 08-18-2021 at 09:27 PM.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Maybe we should split this into two groups, one for the runners and the other for the flyers.

For the runners we have (in random order):
    Runner (obviously)
    Makkari
    Quicksilver
    Speed Demon
    Super Sabre
    Black Racer (Serpent Society)
    Whizzer (Squadron Supreme)
    Blur (New Universe / Robinson's Squadron Supreme)
    Speed
    Fast Forward
    Spitfire
    Boundless (Great Society)
    Monet St. Croix
    And the Speedster Union members who are still alive
    And Spider-Man?

For the flyers we have (in random order):
    Gladiator
    Monica Rambeau
    Silver Surfer
    Aurora and Northstar
    Nova (Richard Rider)
    Lightspeed
    Other heralds of Galactus (Frankie Raye as Nova might be the fastest after Silver Surfer as she can already fly pre-transformation)
    Hyperion (whichever version)
    Sentry
    Blue Marvel (I assume all the Superman pastiches are really fast)
    How fast is Cannonball?
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Well this brings up the question. How do classify speedsters? A lot of characters can fly really fast (Storm, Human Totch, Canninball) but they dont possess the reaction to do Flash-like feats in flight...

To me, a speedster is someone who can think and react at superhuman speed, plus easily accelerate (by running or flight) pass normal vehicles.

Has her exact speed ever been mentioned?
    Now that you mention it... not that I know of. It's presented in story as a "where'd she go? how'd she get there so fast"? thing, but not an exact speed. Estimates through would put it as her being able to cover several miles in less than a minute though.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Well this brings up the question. How do classify speedsters? A lot of characters can fly really fast (Storm, Human Totch, Cannonball) but they dont possess the reaction to do Flash-like feats in flight...
    Interesting point there, because Johnny demonstrated this feat way back in the 80's.

Of course, he had time to think up this maneuver, but if it was a completely unexpected obstacle, it might be a different story.

Also, Whirlwind has tremendous angular velocity but it does not necessarily translate to a tremendous linear velocity on par with the fastest speedsters.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    (I assume all the Superman pastiches are really fast)
    I would agree with this. But not just flight speed. Perception (most have enhanced senses and intellect), response/reaction time, foot speed and other physical movement speed -- most of them should have it all, or they're not really Superman pastiches. I mean it really makes no sense if you're fighting, say, Gladiator and he's punching you at normal speed. Most combatants shouldn't even see the punches coming. I feel the same whenever it's one Superman pastiche combatting another. Gloves off, both should be laying into each other at phenomenally superhuman speed.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Interesting point there, because Johnny demonstrated this feat way back in the 80's.

Of course, he had time to think up this maneuver, but if it was a completely unexpected obstacle, it might be a different story.

Also, Whirlwind has tremendous angular velocity but it does not necessarily translate to a tremendous linear velocity on par with the fastest speedsters.
    Not sure if this classifies as super speed or not, as pilots can react while flying over mach 1.

It is impressive.

Not sure if this classifies as super speed or not, as pilots can react while flying over mach 1.

It is impressive.
    The most impressive part about that is Johnny's ability to turn at a near 90 degree angle while traveling at supersonic speed. In fact, that's damn near impossible for someone whose powers at the time were based on combustion-based propulsion. A herald of Galactus can do it, but a stunt like that on a normal human being like Johnny would have triggered enough g's to cause him bodily harm, if not death. Remember, Johnny doesn't have superhuman durability, accelerated healing, an invisible force field that protects him or anything like that. But ... comics. It worked for Byrne's purposes, so we'll just go with it.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin