Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    I think we're more likely to get Luthor more than Superman simply because Superman has his own show now and with Supergirl going off the air, that frees him up to be used elsewhere. And he plays a larger role in the show overall than Superman in that he directly created Conner. Half the villains on the show work for him. I know the show gets a lot of crap for how "grim and gritty" it is and having watched both seasons I know it can be kind of a slog to get through sometimes. But it's off doing it's own thing and doesn't always get the kind of larger press things like the Arrow-verse do.
    I’d be fine with Luthor showing up in Titans since I don’t have any real desire for him to appear in S&L yet (much as I enjoy Cryer). Although S3 seems like it’s going to be heavily Gotham/Bat focused so we’ll see what if anything Conner gets to do.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Okay, so some of these are pretty obvious, like Superman Smashes the Klan animated movie, but some of these are definitely things that make sense to me and that I'd love to see but probably almost no one else here would ever suggest because I'm weird like that I guess. Anywho...

1. Superman Smashes the Klan animated movie - kind of obvious, but for a reason. DC has freaking hit gold with this movie and the comic book already has the perfect look for animation. This is just a no-brainer, whether it's a full theatrical (doubtful), DTV, or made as an HBO Max original WB/DC needs to get on this already.

2. A YA/teen Lois Lane movie. If anyone else here has seen 2019's Nancy Drew and the Hidden Staircase I'm thinking of something along those lines for budget/look/style/etc. Look, I love Lois Lane, she's one of the best DC characters out there and she's held her own books before, both comics and actual book-books even (loved the YA trilogy), so she can definitely hold her own small solo film. Plus DC needs to expand their audience I think, and this could help draw in a younger and more female audience over to the Superman lore and side of DC. I think a young teen Lois Lane mystery movie, well budgeted, with hints and little connections of the wider Superman and DC world and mythos could be great. Take a lot of inspiration from the YA book trilogy, maybe a few minor details from the YA graphic novel, search the comics for everything we know about her background/early history to maybe draw some inspiration for, and really have some fun with it. Something that'd draw a different audience, but still something that everyone else can watch and enjoy too (I really liked that Nancy Drew movie). Also, watch 2018's Daphne & Velma for tips on what not to do...

3. Man and Superman motion comic. Look, I know the typical refrain - the animation of motion comics is horrible they should just make it a normal animated movie instead. This was pretty much said of every big motion comic ever, I get it. But I think motion comics have a place in animating and voicing stories that are likely to never get a normal animated movie anyways. Basically, I think back to Marvel Knights, the big motion comic animation line Marvel did back during the 2010s, and the Lionsgate animated Marvel DTV movie line of the 00's. Both were good, I liked both, but let's not kid ourselves - in some parallel universe where the Lionsgate deal wasn't cut after Disney bought Marvel, or Disney started making their own pg13 DTV animated Marvel line instead, they were still never going to make a (faithful) Iron Man Extremis, they were never going to make a Thor and Loki Blood Brothers (think the comic was just Loki), they were never going to make a Wolverine vs Sabertooth (least not one even remotely close to that story). Just like DC/WB will never make a Man and Superman full DTV animated movie. But a motion comic line, done on a better budget than DC has done for their motion comics before, like Marvel Knights did last decade, with better (for a motion comic) animation and voice acting? I could see them doing stories that'd never get animated otherwise that way, and Man and Superman is top on my list.
    I really liked the Marvel Knights motion comics when Marvel did them, don't know why they stopped. Would love to see DC do something similar, maybe even better.

That's all I got for now, will think of more.

Incredible Member magha_regulus's Avatar

1. A story highlighting Superman's influence on the other heroes and really shows why he's an inspiration to them. I'd have his career as Superboy be a major part of why they look up to him. He grew up saving the world and could show the other heroes of the justice league (including Batman) the ropes when they first got started.

2. A story highlighting Superman's Superintelligence. It would be either through an invention of his that saves the world, or maybe he's figured out the life equation. I like the idea that Superman is tinkering away in secret with all of these inventions and discoveries that he uses but keeps in secret so that they don't alter the course of human history. Maybe he has something like the prime directive from star trek where he can't share certain technologies until humanity has proven themselves ready to handle them without destroying themselves.

3. I want to see a story with Lara Lor-Van's role as an astronaut and adventurer being highlighted. I always liked the idea that Superman got his adventurous spirit from Lara, his smarts from Jor-El, his sense of justice from Jonathan, and his faith in humanity from Martha. A story showing how his 4 parents influenced him would be great

4. A story about his Supermemory. Maybe he has an important memory from his infancy on Krypton, but its a mystery to him because he doesn't have much context for what he's remembering, and yet its the key to solving some intergalactic threat.

5. I want a story showing how his Supersenses give him an absolutely unique perspective.

6. Mxyzptlk or the Superman of the 5th Dimension restoring Jon's youth while still allowing him to keep all of the memories of the experiences he's had.

I also need McFarlane to give us a Calvin Elis Superman before I have to commission a custom of one myself.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by magha_regulus View Post
    I also need McFarlane to give us a Calvin Elis Superman before I have to commission a custom of one myself.
    They had one a few years back.
    Assassinate Putin!

An Elseworlds tale where Superman grew up in Bialya and Supergirl grew up in Qurac.

I wanted to give Davood Nassour aka Sharif the Tim Fox treatment.

An Elseworlds where Clark was Superman Blue or Red from the start.

Superlad had a pitch where Conner went to work for Cadmus- he called it Agent KR. I'd buy it from him and pitch it.

A Beware the Batman style cartoon about a rookie Superman that's a mix of Morrison and Pak.

Superman Life Story .
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 08-10-2021 at 09:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    They had one a few years back.
    Yeah I have the Mattel one. I want a McFarlane one though.

One of my favorite things about the post-Crisis era was the Underworld concept. I was always sad to see that go away after the Fall of Metropolis. I've always wanted to see a story where (depending on continuity these things could either be happening again or happening for the first time, I don't care) Superman discovers a new batch of DNAliens that Cadmus has once again been experimenting with. He frees them and establishes (again, or reestablishes) the Underworld for them underneath Metropolis. Not dank sewers but a legitimate underground town. Have him use his intellect to make it Fortress of Solitude-like in nature, with restricted access so it can't just be breached willy-nilly.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by magha_regulus View Post
    Yeah I have the Mattel one. I want a McFarlane one though.
    I just want one with an S on the cape. I don't get the aversion to that.
    Assassinate Putin!

https://geekvibesnation.com/details-...-we-never-got/

I'd do a superfamily cartoon with Jon as the POV. Kid Jon felt tailored made for the Ben10 demographic abd I'd lean into it.

I'd love to see an Earth 1 event. Do a bunch of minis picking up where Earth 1 was left off in the 80s and continue the stories for 4 or so issues.
    A big two parter to bookend the event starring all the major characters, and then individual minis for all the most popular teams and characters.
    I think there's a lot of creators who'd love to use the Earth 1 versions of those characters, so you could maybe get Alan Moore on Superman, Phil Jiminez on Wonder Woman, etc.

Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

A West Wing style miniseries centering around Lex Luthor's time as president.

A "Spiderman Life Story" everything is canon approach to Lex Luthor's history, detailing his time as a super villain to becoming the CEO of Lex Corp.

A Silver Age Whodunnit starring Lois Lane and Jimmy Olsen. Think more Tintin than Tom King. OP was wondering how to pull off a "Hush" type story for Superman, this might be it.

DC completely collecting every issue of Superman's Girlfriend Lois Lane, Superman's Pal Jimmy Olsen, and World's Finest with their Silver/Bronze Age Omnibus line.

Really enjoying Orphin’s portrayal of Conner in Titans, I’d like a Superboy spin-off show for him. Titans is basically just a Batfamily show now lol, so I’d like to see Conner get a whole show to himself.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Mine would be an animated film adaptation of Superman: Son of Superman, released in theaters and on HBO Max.
    Also, a Super Sons animated show with Damian for the first season, then more and more kid heroes join Jon and Damian and Super Sons is retitled to Super Kids.

Near Long Island. No Circus Pizza, though.

A Brainiac animated series using his DCAU design and voice. Just him slaying and being a badass, collecting knowledge, fucking ending civilizations. That's what I want.
    STAS apologist, New 52 apologist, writer of several DC fan projects.