Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

An open world video game with Conner as the Playable Character.

A consistent good Superman run, that builds up the mythos and don't get derailed by editorial or DC deciding to relocate the creators to more important books.

A couple of Black Label books not reliant on evil Superman, aren't TDKR spin-off and focus solely on Superman.

A Superman run without Batman showing up in the first couple arcs to give Superman advice, pep talks and or teach him about kryptonian science or investigative work.

A Superman Smashes the Klan animated movie, but something big, ala Into the Spiderverse.

A really good Superman movie, free of Snyder and guided by someone who doesn't feel Superman is dated and is trying to fix the character.

A Superman videogame. Something like Mass Effect or maybe Uncharted.

After reading It's Superman, and really liking it, I would be down to some Superman novels. And While I really liked Tom De Havens book, maybe giving it to someone who isn't clealy more interested in the original character would make for a better Superman story.

A Superman animated series set in the 1930s, maybe something based in SSTK if they are going for a younger audience, if they are aiming for something more mature they could go to Its Superman for inspiration.

A post-apocaliptic story where Superman is the main character.

A "Superman conquers the world" story where he actually wins, if it's a utopia or a distopia I don't know.

Superman's Pal Jimmy Olsen by Fraction coming back.

A Lois Lane series writen by someone who don't turn it into a disguise title to their favorite characters and put Lois on the sidelines.

A House of El book, telling Krypton's history, like they are doing with the Amazons.

A Black Label story where Superman arrives on Earth in the pre-historic time and living until current time. He would be adopted by Vandal Savage's tribe and they would have a frenemies relationship going on. It should be pretty violent, with Superman not having many of his virtues for a long time.
    He would have his own empire at some point, be considered a god, fight and beat some actual gods, discover his origins, leave to space, have a few kids and a lot of other stuff, all before he finally debuted as Superman in modern DC or maybe in the Golden Age.
    Last edited by Ra-El; 08-15-2021 at 04:33 PM.

Spectacular Member

A black label Superman book where Superman is the ONLY good superhero in a late stage capitalistic hellhole, everyone is an ******* except Kal

Quote Originally Posted by Vathlonian View Post
    A black label Superman book where Superman is the ONLY good superhero in a late stage capitalistic hellhole, everyone is an ******* except Kal
    Maybe the billionaires from the DCU formed a cabal and took over the world.

Warren Ellis writing a sci-fi and journalism forward Superman. Jim Lee art on one book. Barry Windsor-Smyth on another. And Frank Cho on the book revolving around Metropolis and newsroom (virtual or whatever Ellis wants to re-imagine it).

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    A consistent good Superman run, that builds up the mythos and don't get derailed by editorial or DC deciding to relocate the creators to more important books.

A couple of Black Label books not reliant on evil Superman, aren't TDKR spin-off and focus solely on Superman.

A Superman run without Batman showing up in the first couple arcs to give Superman advice, pep talks and or teach him about kryptonian science or investigative work.

A Superman Smashes the Klan animated movie, but something big, ala Into the Spiderverse.

A really good Superman movie, free of Snyder and guided by someone who doesn't feel Superman is dated and is trying to fix the character.

After reading It's Superman, and really liking it, I would be down to some Superman novels. And While I really liked Tom De Havens book, maybe giving it to someone who isn't clealy more interested in the original character would make for a better Superman story.

A Superman animated series set in the 1930s, maybe something based in SSTK if they are going for a younger audience, if they are aiming for something more mature they could go to Its Superman for inspiration.

A "Superman conquers the world" story where he actually wins, if it's a utopia or a distopia I don't know.

A Lois Lane series writen by someone who don't turn it into a disguise title to their favorite characters and put Lois on the sidelines.

A House of El book, telling Krypton's history, like they are doing with the Amazons.

A Black Label story where Superman arrives on Earth in the pre-historic time and living until current time. He would be adopted by Vandal Savage's tribe and they would have a frenemies relationship going on. It should be pretty violent, with Superman not having many of his virtues for a long time.
    He would have his own empire at some point, be considered a god, fight and beat some actual gods, discover his origins, leave to space, have a few kids and a lot of other stuff, all before he finally debuted as Superman in modern DC or maybe in the Golden Age.
    That last one sounds f****** amazing dude.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Stealing the OP's format because it's too good. Some of these may or may not be pitches I have or have worked on for fun.

Comics
    1. Lois Lane. Ongoing series where she doesn't get sidelined by her guest star. The only exception is Superman, since they're married, and at most he can share the book with her at times but it's still her adventures in which he's along for the ride. No Greg Rucka. I simply don't trust him anymore.
    2. Steel. Black Label. It's time. He absolutely can hold down a book. Preferably by Morrison since I think they'd have a solid angle on him as the anti-Lex Luthor.
    3. Power Girl. She's the best kept secret of the Super books and absolutely can hold down a book. Main universe, bring back Starrware and have her just develop a rogue's gallery and supporting cast. No Harley. I cannot stress enough how tired I am of that clown sexually harassing PG.
    4. A mini-series by Yang where Kenan is our anchor and he teams up with various heroes. It's essentially DC Comics Presents, but for Kenan to better integrate him into the larger DCU and let fans of other characters fall in love with him as we have.
    5. Waid/Shaner on a Superman book. I don't care what it is.
    6. A big sci-fi epic with Maxima (both the OG and New 52 ones). I'll be honest, I've got a pitch so I'll not say much more, but there's so much potential with Almerac and its ginger space queens that I'm flabbergasted they're languishing in obscurity.
    7. World's Okayest. I'm absolutely stealing the title from a PG/Harley book Jimmy and Amanda pitched. A flashback series about Jimmy Olsen and a young Dick Grayson Robin having to solve crimes without Superman or Batman. They are eternally in over their heads. It's a complete farce. May as well be The Regular Show in the DCU.
    8. A Black Label series that chronicles Superman's entire life as a series of one-shots, from cradle to grave. Each is a snapshot into a different period and tell their own stories while telling a larger interconnected story (you know, his life). I know it's possible because I've been doing it for fun and I'm about 60% done. It's definitely possible, though I'd hope someone more talented than I would do it.
    9. Superman/The Rocketeer. Set it in 1941. Superman is just getting the power of flight and is still very much golden age power levels. Full on pulp adventure, but with a lot of heart. Reunite Waid and Samnee. Come on. Make it happen!

Animation
    1. Superman Smashes the Klan with Kyle McLaughlin as Clark Kent/Superman. Come on, this one's a no-brainer.
    2. Superboy and the Legion of Super-Heroes. Honestly, this one is pretty much a fun animated series where there's less drama and more just adventures about being a young adult. Rather than the usual bogging him down with his impending legend or how he's just super swell all the time, it'd be fun to have Clark essentially go to Summer camp and just be a young adult. You can do some more serious stuff, but I think this show's north star needs to be about having a good time.
    3. New Super-Man. Animated feature film. You cannot tell me there's not a great animated movie in Kenan's time as Superman. I won't believe it.
    4. World's Finest. Superman, Batman and Robin. Early days. You cannot go wrong. Film or series, I don't care.
    5. DC COMICS PRESENTS! Remember Batman: The Brave and the Bold? You know, the funnest Batman show they ever made? Yeah, that, but Superman.

Video Games
    1. A Telltale style Superman game where you play as Clark investigating a crime in Metropolis that spirals into needing Superman. The Telltale engine circumvents the difficulties of Clark's powerset by essentially turning everything into QTEs and it'll play something like a motion comic that you're in control of and with branching paths.
    2. Superman: War World. Big arena brawler out in space where you get to play Superman and fight the greatest cosmic threats in DC while trying to free the people of War World. Start on the bottom and fight to the top as a gladiator to free all under Mongul's thumb. Everyone's a big overpowered alien so there's no fear of Clark being too strong for the setting. Hell, he could actually be the weakest. Have him depowered at the start with a red sun lamp to make us start at level one and have him slowly build himself back up as yellow sun radiation slowly seeps into him while he's exposed in the arena. Big ol' arena brawler.

Live Action
    1. Ace of Spades Essentially, Cheers in the DCU. I know they tried Powerless but I think that just was one foot too far from relatable which was their angle. I don't think an office job is as relatable as most think. But unwinding after a stressful day at work? That's universal. Bibbo is our protagonist. He's not too bright, but his heart's in the right place. Every now and then, familiar characters come in. Clark, Lois and Jimmy are series regulars (though not main cast) but Superman himself never is on the show. To the patrons at the bar, Clark's just the lovable dweeb from the Daily Planet who comes in and everyone is rooting for him to ask Lane out but he never quite gets to. This is our Superman from the everyman's perspective show.
    2. A live action film where Brainiac is the primary threat for Clark to beat. I'd prefer if he attacks on two fronts: the big alien ship in the sky and by infesting our data networks with his own AI, forcing problems all over the world that can't just be punched. Put Clark on the backfoot and make him use that brain of his.
    3. A live action Superman/Parasite film. I've got my own pitch for that story, albeit as a comic book mini, but absolutely go this route. Treat it more as a thriller where both of them hunt each other in Metropolis and constantly shift who is the hunter and who is the prey. Parasite should absolutely be the one of his rogues that terrifies him because he literally wants to devour Clark and can. He's essentially Jack the Ripper who eats his prey and wants Superman most of all. If they are so committed to doing dark Superman stuff, go with it in a way that makes sense. I'm working on this one myself so I know there's a lot to work with there.
    4. A Calvin Ellis Superman film. Come the **** on.
    5. Superman - Of the People. A young Superman full of piss and vinegar appears in Metropolis and burns down the corruption that has infested it. This is a very golden age/Morrison T-Shirt Supes that fights for the little guy. I'm sure conservatives would cry about that, whine about how this isn't what Byrne did, and I do not care.

Collected Editions
    Superman Smashes the Klan Deluxe Hardcover. This book deserves to be in a larger, sturdier format.
    Superman: Birthright Deluxe Hardcover. Absolutely yes.
    Power Girl: Power Trip Deluxe Hardcover. I have it in paperback, but I just like hardcovers, okay?
    DC Comics Presents oversized deluxe hardcovers. Do it, DC.
    Stryker's: [Rogue] Collected editions featuring the best stories of Superman's rogues. Companion series to the Batman Arkham: [Rogue] series that highlight a particular member of his rogues gallery.
    Supergirl by Sterling Gates. It's the best Supergirl run. Give the poor team that worked on this book their due. They delivered the best run she ever had while juggling New Krypton. That's no small feat.
    World's Finest. How are these not collected? Superman, Batman and Robin? I know they're not all winners, but you can't convince me there's not enough stories to fill an oversized hardcover or two.
    Last edited by Robanker; 08-15-2021 at 10:18 PM.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post

Get on this, DC. Chop, chop.
    Assassinate Putin!

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    8. A Black Label series that chronicles Superman's entire life as a series of one-shots, from cradle to grave. Each is a snapshot into a different period and tell their own stories while telling a larger interconnected story (you know, his life). I know it's possible because I've been doing it for fun and I'm about 60% done. It's definitely possible, though I'd hope someone more talented than I would do it.
    9. Superman/The Rocketeer. Set it in 1941. Superman is just getting the power of flight and is still very much golden age power levels. Full on pulp adventure, but with a lot of heart. Reunite Waid and Samnee. Come on. Make it happen!
    DC needs to start reading these thread pages. We're coming up with better ideas than they do.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    DC needs to start reading these thread pages. We're coming up with better ideas than they do.
    I think the elevator pitch would be "it's like Life Story but without trying to tie things to decades or real time. Think of it as the book you give someone who wants a beginning, middle and end."

Every hero should have one! I'm a hack, I know.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    I think the elevator pitch would be "it's like Life Story but without trying to tie things to decades or real time. Think of it as the book you give someone who wants a beginning, middle and end."

Every hero should have one! I'm a hack, I know.
    I was about to say, that pitch sounded like Superman: Life Story. It would be cool to see, but I’m not sure you could do a story like that for Supes. Spidey has more or less been the same guy since Lee & Dikto created him. He’s changed and grown over the years, but that core remains intact. That’s not true for Superman, the Siegel & Shuster guy was not present in Byrne’s revamp for example, or Johns. So trying to map all the developments to one overarching Superman would be really tough, but I am kind of fascinated at the idea of following a Superman who debuted in his real life publication year and following him to the current decade.

I suppose Byrne’s Generations was sort of that, but it didn’t focus just on Clark, it focused on his family as a whole.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I was about to say, that pitch sounded like Superman: Life Story. It would be cool to see, but I’m not sure you could do a story like that for Supes. Spidey has more or less been the same guy since Lee & Dikto created him. He’s changed and grown over the years, but that core remains intact. That’s not true for Superman, the Siegel & Shuster guy was not present in Byrne’s revamp for example, or Johns. So trying to map all the developments to one overarching Superman would be really tough, but I am kind of fascinated at the idea of following a Superman who debuted in his real life publication year and following him to the current decade.

I suppose Byrne’s Generations was sort of that, but it didn’t focus just on Clark, it focused on his family as a whole.
    My take on it is more or less his life condensed into a single period as opposed to Life Story's model. I don't think you can square them all on the same guy, but if you follow his arc over history he's more or less pretty congruent in some big ways. You just can't get married to any single one. If nothing else, I've shared most of what I've done with Bored and he's yet to tell me I've screwed the pooch on Clark's voice or character. lol
    May we never forget:

That last one sounds f****** amazing dude.
    Thanks.
    In this thread alone, we came up with a so many ideas, that I just can't believe with all the talented writers out there DC is lacking pitchs for Superman.

The amount of crazily good stuff they must have refused to do, is one of the things that pissed me off the most. Seriously, Black Label have been going on for years now, and all we got was a couple of mediocre TDKR spin-offs and now a team up with Lobo, where I certain Superman is going to be the sidekick.

Anybody else a fan of the fan made DC audio dramas from years back? Superman: Last Son of Krypton, Batman: Ace of Detectives, Wonder Woman: Champion of Themiscrya, etc They were pulled abruptly off the net when DC got huffy about them. They were so very good. If we're just dreaming, I'd love to see those audios get a professional release and continue.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I don't know about that. I remember a great interview with Morrison that did a great job of explaining how all the various characterizations of Superman still worked as the story of one guy, despite the timey-whimey-ness of his life.