Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    At least the way I'm approaching the idea, it's not this so much as answering the demand for a story that has a definitive beginning, middle and end. I hear it a lot from manga fans, and it's a fun challenge to try and pull off. I absolutely think there should be a book for people who don't want the never-ending battle but want to read a Superman story that touches on his entire life.
    I also think Superman benefits greatly from stories that don't have to concern themselves with the monthly soap opera and big "events" that seem necessary to generate sales. Focusing on more modular stories from creators that have a specific point of view and stories to tell with Superman are generally preferable to me most of the time.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vathlonian View Post
    Who are the writers that you got listed for post-flashpoint and rebirth?

This list is amazing
    I wasn't proposing writers- I was saying that I didn't want to see the book have only a single issue devoted to an "age" and then listing the writers (and if possible artist) that most people associate with that "age"

With Generations my complaint was that I felt Byrne gave us one story in the vein of Siegel/Shuster for 1939 and then jumped to 1949. I'd rather have seen more of the 1938-1948 history developing the Lois/Clark relationship before jumping to Lois' being pregnant with Joel. Or to go to the Batman side, some stories showing the transition from Bruce Sr/Grayson to Grayson/Bruce Jr as the Dynamic Duo. Byrne's story just rushed through the character's lives. We got halfway through the mini and the supporting cast (Lois, Jimmy, Alfred. Dick ... plus Kara and Joel) are dead.

My dream creative teams (pulled from history as needed) would be:

Siegel and Boring handling at least four stories set between 1938 and 1948 with the "Secret of the K-metal" made part of the deal as how Lois learned the secret. Superman growing from a neophyte crusading hero to the champion of Metropolis and starting to rise to national status.

Otto Binder/Jerry Ordway and Edmond Hamilton/Curt Swan doing several stories set from 1948-1968. The arrival of Supergirl. Superman goes global (and even interplanetary). Marriage to Lois starts to make the Clark Kent life more rounded. Maybe a few Superboy tales with Lois & Clark's son.

Elliot Maggin & Cary Bates/Jose Garcia-Lopez & Neal Adams dealing with the 1970's as Superman begins to revisit his roots. A reworking of the storylines. Superman's meeting with the New Gods, "Must there Be a Superman", "Who Took the Super out of Superman" and the Sand-Superman into a single multi issue tale dealing with Superman questioning his role. Maybe add in a tale by John Ridley dealing with Superman encountering the Civil Rights movement.

Byrne & Wolfman/Byrne & Perez- a set of stories set around Crisis dealing with how a Superman nearing the 50th anniversary of his debut comes to grips with the mortality of those around him. Kara died in the Crisis. Lois is around 70. Luthor, his constant foe, hasn't been seen the last few years. Superman's own son has gone to the 30th century full time after the Crisis.

Yo be continued