Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Th Klan expies in Birth of a Nation.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Th Klan expies in Birth of a Nation.
    Well, or any KKK, Nazis, pedophiles, rapists ... some things should go without saying... (I thought about making a certain "Home Alone 2" joke, but.....)

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    My problem with loathsome characters is when writers keep them around season after season because they think it is good drama, or too lazy to think up new conflicts. Alice in Batwoman, Sylar in Heroes, and Linus in Lost. The protagonists should have ended them, but they always find a BS reason to not stop them. Usually something about not killing, meanwhile the body count for these villains is in the dozens.
    Honestly, as much as I liked him, Buffy The Vampire Slayer's Spike falls into that category for me. He could be delightfully funny, but there was absolutely nothing good about this dude. What came later was because Marsters gave him barrels of charisma and Wheadon, et.al needed some more spice for the show.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Well, or any KKK, Nazis, pedophiles, rapists ... some things should go without saying... (I thought about making a certain "Home Alone 2" joke, but.....)
    Rob Schneider wasn't that bad in Home Alone 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Rob Schneider wasn't that bad in Home Alone 2.
    I guess not ... his hair wasn't too ridiculously fake...

Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

That was pretty much Michael's arc through to two movies, to gain power and lose his humanity. In the end he controlled everything, but was completely alone.

Tony was much worse than Christopher.
    On second thought Meadow and AJ are more hateable than anyone on the show. Which is quite an achievement.

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Hunter View Post
    On second thought Meadow and AJ are more hateable than anyone on the show. Which is quite an achievement.
    There are more annoying kids on TV shows than likable ones.
    Last edited by Kirby101; 08-11-2021 at 06:31 AM.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

That was pretty much Michael's arc through to two movies, to gain power and lose his humanity. In the end he controlled everything, but was completely alone.

Tony was much worse than Christopher.
    That's another problem with III. It seems that Michael at least had some influence in raising Mary after II-she even helps with his foundation. So his total cut off from his non-sibling family is not permanent.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Mighty Member

Chad from Twin Peaks Season 3 is a particularly loathsome creature. Unlike Richard, who is just a straight up psychopath, Chad is the kind of douche who hangs with the worst crowd when he can do so much better, but chooses not to because he simply doesn't care. It was great seeing him get tormented by weird Lynch characters.

Oz is a show where 80% of the characters are terrible People. Most of them like Schillinger you can't help but love how much you despise him, so much so that when bad stuff happens to him, it feel earned. But Kenny Wangler is probably the worst Character out of all of them. The guy starts to improve and you enjoy his progression, then he gets corrupted again and it becomes a waiting game of "Okay, when will this guy get killed off?" The guy was straight up unlikable in every conceivable matter.

three-time juror The Gold Stream's Avatar

yeah kids suck

wes crusher, jake sisco.

aj + meadow

glen from mad men

also i didnt like harley in iron man 3 but that was more to do with that overall side story than the character/actor himself, but still eye-rollingly terrible

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Grandma on the Waltons. I never liked anything about her.
    King Joffrey on Game of Thrones
    Ramsay Bolton on Game of Thrones
    Joffrey and Ramsey are characters we love to hate because they were good villains. There is a difference between those type of characters and purely hated characters like Dawn and Corner from Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel. Characters if fans had their way would never have been created.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Honestly, as much as I liked him, Buffy The Vampire Slayer's Spike falls into that category for me. He could be delightfully funny, but there was absolutely nothing good about this dude. What came later was because Marsters gave him barrels of charisma and Wheadon, et.al needed some more spice for the show.
    What's your take on Season 7/Angel Season 5 Spike? Before that point, he had the excuse that he was technically a remorseless monster due to not having a soul. I haven't seen S7 in such a long time, I don't quite remember if giving him back his soul brought about that major of a change to his character.
    Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Mormel View Post
    What's your take on Season 7/Angel Season 5 Spike? Before that point, he had the excuse that he was technically a remorseless monster due to not having a soul. I haven't seen S7 in such a long time, I don't quite remember if giving him back his soul brought about that major of a change to his character.
    It did. He didn't become the kind of moping penitent that Angel did, nor did it shut off his taste for human blood, but he seemed to become more interested in being accepted than before. Or to be more accurate, Spike wanting to be part of the gang seem easier to buy than it had been before.

As for his time on Angel, I had less complaints with that given how he was integrated into the show as a ghost.

There was nothing good about Mon-El on Supergirl

Ultimate Member

Surprised Angelus isn't on the list.

The guy is like a surgeon of sadism. He wrings every last ounce of suffering from his targets, and revels in his evil. Not hard to see why Angel was so wracked with remorse when he got a soul