Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Hunter View Post
    Peter Campbell from Mad Men

https://pagesix.com/2021/08/13/vince...-hbo-max-show/
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Rory's always had bad luck with men...

As fun as it could be to watch Batman Returns, Penguin is one of the sickest and most twisted characters out there considering how manipulative and devious he is. Dude was planning for decades to be given access to files of all families to learn the names of every first born in Gotham to take them as his hostages when he deemed necessary.

Clint Eastwood's character in Every Which Way But Loose. Rude to everyone, always eager to use his fists against anyone, no remorse or regret for being a massive prick.

Ringmaster in Victor Frankenstein is a loathsome prick. His clown helped heal his trapeze artist, and he immediately chooses to burn all his books and cage him just cause a doctor from the audience said "You shouldn't be part of the circus", and jerk ringmaster looked at his clown with a hunchback in disdain and scowled at him as if the clown said anything against being part of the circus himself.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Fletcher from Whiplash, watched that film in Film Studies and I wanted to punch that ugly S.O.B right in his filthy face.

The kid from Brightburn. Nuff said.

Ellen/Elliot Page's character from Hard Candy. Even though she's apparently the heroin of the movie, she goes out as just plain unlikable.

John Travolta's character from the Taking Of Pelham One Two Three remake. He was really irritable.

Marcia Gay Harden's religious nutcase from the Mist. Oooohhh, she was so vile!

Gihren Zabi from Gundam. The other Zabis (Well, Kycillia isn't great either) and Zeon villains like Char and Ranba Ral at least had some level of sympathy-but Gihren was pretty much pure evil.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Hunter View Post
    I just rewatched the first Godfather film and I'm surprised how much I despised Michael Corleone. He started off as a mild mannered man with the flick of a switch turning into a machiavellian murderer without the shred of the principles his father had.

Other contenders include:

Christopher Moltisanti

Patrick Bateman

Scarlett O'Hara
    Scarlett O'hara was such a good looking woman. It made people forget a lot that she can be a really shitty person.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    Scarlett O'hara was such a good looking woman. It made people forget a lot that she can be a really shitty person.
    She was. I always took it as the point of the story being her life's journey amplifying her worst self.

Fantastic Member

No mention of Capitan Vidal of Pan's Labyrinth?

Retired

Karen Gillan's character in SELFIE was so loathsome, I couldn't even make it to the end of the pilot episode. And that has forever tainted her in my mind. I used to love watching her as Amy Pond, but now I can't. Anything she's in, I stay away from--that pilot episode damaged me for life. It was like seeing an actor have a poop--can never look at them again the same way.

Astonishing Member

Reaching back into time: Eddie Haskell from Leave it to Beaver.

All the Jokers in the movies except Keith.
    Last edited by Captain Smith; 08-24-2021 at 05:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Karen Gillan's character in SELFIE was so loathsome, I couldn't even make it to the end of the pilot episode. And that has forever tainted her in my mind. I used to love watching her as Amy Pond, but now I can't. Anything she's in, I stay away from--that pilot episode damaged me for life. It was like seeing an actor have a poop--can never look at them again the same way.
    I've read that some of the intent was to be a modern day Pgymallion/My Fair Lady.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    I've read that some of the intent was to be a modern day Pgymallion/My Fair Lady.
    That was the intention, but the difference is, in PYGMALION, as soon as we meet Eliza we love her. Higgins might not appreciate her and might think her Cockney accent is horrible--but we as the audience adore her and want every good thing for her. We instantly want to follow her story, because we know that this is a character worth following. Gillan's Eliza is so loathsome as soon as we see her and her flat American accent so bad that I just wanted her to die. I had no interest in following that character or seeing if she became a better person. She was like the inverse of George Bernard Shaw's character.