Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BANNED

John Stewart is Denzel Washington.

He looks like young Denzel, and he's acted like Denzel in the following films:

-2 Guns (Basically a John/Guy movie)
    -Flight
    -Man on Fire

I also see Benjamin Sisko, Jack Reacher, and Sin City's Hartigan.
    Last edited by SecretWarrior; 08-11-2021 at 08:16 AM.

Incredible Member

I didn't really liked the show overall but I thought that Veronica from the Haves or Have Nots would have made a great Amanda Waller.

Incredible Member

James Mcavoy's character from Split and Glass and Crazy Jane.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I don't know if I'd say that Finch was Oracle since Finch was much more of a driving force. Did Shaw = Cassandra Cain: Stone-cold killers? Did Carter = Gordon? Maybe Root was more of a chaotic Oracle? Finch was maybe if Ra's al Ghul broke good....? Wasn't there even a Catwoman type of thief who appeared several times? And Samaritan = Brother Eye.
    I could see Carter as Gordon.

Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

I see aspects of the Ralph Cifarreto character on the Sopranos similar to that of the more gangster-less-serial killer version of the Joker from the Golden Age.

John Rainbird played by George C. Scott in the 1984 adaptation of Firestarter reminded me of the villainous Deathstroke.

Bane when he was introduced initially in Knightfall, shared character traits with Gus Fring from Breaking Bad and Stringer Bell from the Wire.

Gregory Peck in To Kill a Mocking Bird and Cape Fear has a lot in common with Superman.

Q from the Star Trek franchise is basically M. Myxlplyx in personality and powerset.
    Last edited by Timothy Hunter; 11-07-2021 at 09:48 PM.

I know that Batman has been inspired by Zorro both in universe and out, but I still need to say that the Antonio Banderas movie version reminded me so much of Batman, as if it was an Elseworld story set in the past. Especially the sequel, where he even had his own son as a kid sidekick.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Cliff Booth (Brad Pitt) from Once Upon A Time In Hollywood reminded me a bit of Morrison's version of Hal Jordan. And I guess retroactively, a lot of Paul Newman's characters from stuff like Cool Hand Luke or Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid.
    I actually really like this one, and I've even said it in the past.

Cliff's "macho but mostly really laid back about it" attitude and ability to snap into competent action really reminded me of Hal.

Less so the shady past with his wife and the ambiguous "is he not sleeping with his underage girl because it's morally the right choice or he doesn't want to get caught" aspect (but ugh...Arisha)

And this of course means Ollie is Leo's character, which is fantastic

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I actually really like this one, and I've even said it in the past.

Cliff's "macho but mostly really laid back about it" attitude and ability to snap into competent action really reminded me of Hal.

Less so the shady past with his wife and the ambiguous "is he not sleeping with his underage girl because it's morally the right choice or he doesn't want to get caught" aspect (but ugh...Arisha)

And this of course means Ollie is Leo's character, which is fantastic
    lol, give me that Green Lantern/Green Arrow mini.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

lol, give me that Green Lantern/Green Arrow mini.
    I'm just imagining Hal getting into a fight in Ollie's mansion while a drunk/high Ollie is just listening to music and singing to himself while floating in the pool and not noticing any of it until it crashes right in front of him.

Then gets a flamethrower arrow out....

Mighty Member

Sorrell Brooke as Boss Hogg on Dukes of Hazzard always made me think of Penguin in an all white tux.

Dante from Devil may cry 3 reminded me of Conner Kent.

Extraordinary Member

I rewatched Mobile Suit Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory, and three characters reminded me of tainted versions of Hal Jordan, John Stewart, and Guy Gardner.

Guy Gardner = Bernard Monsha

This is very obvious, imo. Bernard is very similar to Guy from the 1980s. Both are hilariously over the top.

Hal Jordan = Alpha A. Bate

Bate seems cool, but his unsavory ways come out when he's encouraging Monsha's bad behavior.

John Stewart = Chap Adel

Adel seems to be the most reserved out of the three, like John, but he is bros with two dirt bags, and ends up joining the Titans.

Just exchange power rings with mobile suits.

Kyle could pass as Kou Uraki.

The Manson family murderers from the same film also dead ringers in terms of characterization of Harley and Joker.
    Funny you mention that, Otis and Baby Firefly from the House Of 1,000 Corpses trilogy definitely gave me Joker and Harley vibes in which both actors would've been awesome in those roles or would've given them a run for their money.

The same goes for Chucky and Tiffany from the Child's Play franchise.

Near Long Island. No Circus Pizza, though.

Clint Barton reminds me of Scotty Fischer (at least my portrayal of him.)

The two worms from What-A-Cartoon's "Tales of Worm Paranoia" (forgot their names) remind me of Joker and Harley.

TOM from Toonami reminds me of a lot of characters. There's Hal Jordan of course (since he was voiced by Steven Blum in Injustice 2), but then TOM and Sara's dynamic is similar to Green Arrow and Black Canary, and he also reminds me of Deadshot. Sara also reminds me of Silica.
    STAS apologist, New 52 apologist, writer of several DC fan projects.