Default Regular Batman day

Despite how eccentric Bruce Wayne life is I'm sure like everyone else he has some daily rouines he usually maintains and him being famously know as a perfectionist it would make sense that he would have certain daily activities he wouldn't dare skip. To you guys that have consumed batman stories for many years and have built your own headcanon can you give your own schedule of how batman would operate in a regular day.

We know that batman is a fictional character so don't bother making it make sense logistically. Assume DC humans have more stamina and require less resting than us.

To make it more interesting you can divide it into two seperate daily routines:

- A day as Batman in Gotham

- A day as Batman working with the JL

This post was inspired by this panel of Morrison's Batman run

main-qimg-bef983f9d8acef7e86d61793ed7f2f98.jpg

I think he probably balances most of his daytime with Wayne Enterprise work, getting in shape, keeping everything in the Cave running, some investigation work, and whatever the League needs.

At night, it's time for The Batman in Gotham.

Eating cucumber sandwiches all day.
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think he probably balances most of his daytime with Wayne Enterprise work, getting in shape, keeping everything in the Cave running, some investigation work, and whatever the League needs.

At night, it's time for The Batman in Gotham.
    How long do you think a normal night patrol is? Do you think Batman clocks out early sometimes when the city's quite (I know it's Gotham)? Still I could see over the years with Gotham becoming less corrupt and having more of "pop crime" I'd guess Batman would have many nights when crime is really down and he has nothing to do.

Incredible Member

I would think it depends on circumstances. There are probably nights where he works all night. I would think
    in a typical day he is probably home by midnight, 1, or 2. But someday much later.

Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    How long do you think a normal night patrol is? Do you think Batman clocks out early sometimes when the city's quite (I know it's Gotham)? Still I could see over the years with Gotham becoming less corrupt and having more of "pop crime" I'd guess Batman would have many nights when crime is really down and he has nothing to do.
    I think he works until about the sun starts coming out, more or less, unless the city is quite or he can have people cover for him like the kids.

I guess when Gotham is more stable is when he shifts more to doing League work.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think he works until about the sun starts coming out, more or less, unless the city is quite or he can have people cover for him like the kids.

I guess when Gotham is more stable is when he shifts more to doing League work.
    Now really thinking about it I'd imagine he wouldn't stay all night in the street. He would do a quick patrol and comeback to the cave to work on other stuff and possibly leave when called for. He has the vehicles that allows him to reach any location in Gotham quickly so I guess he could just be in the Batcave compiling files and doing research until an alarm goes off.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    Dusk til Dawn. Forget where I read it but I think some comic somewhere mentioned the patrol started at 6.

They tend to came back before light unless something happen, like in Prey where Batman lost his glider and had to walk back home, the sun's already up.

They can go out later or come back earlier too. First night with Damian, they left after ten, because they're going to Crime Alley for commemoration. In Snyder's last story, it was nine, I believe?

Then if there's nothing, Batman will call Alfred to let him know he can sleep. He usually left the breakfast sandwich in the kitchen or near the Bat Computer before going up to bed.

Damian can't wait to play Batman, so he ran to the cave the moment the sun goes down.

Oh and if Batman has early business, such as visiting Dick, he'll go out before sunset, so he can meet Dick in his apartment before he gets dressed, and they patrol together. This was when Damian died and he wanted to accompany him.
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 08-09-2021 at 03:55 PM.

This reminds me of Beware the Batman where Bruce was trying to find ways to function with as little sleep as possible.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

As for regular Bruce day I'm compiling what I remember from various sources

Waking up at 3 in the afternoon when there's no business, starts working out while listening to the radio or Alfred bringing afternoon lunch and news.

When there's actual business in Wayne Foundation or meeting partners it' nine or ten
    Fallen asleep, pretending to fall asleep in Wayne Enterprises meeting, or skip the meeting altogether
    Reviewing new techs with Lucius
    Golf meeting before lunch
    Lunch date with business partners or mayoral candidates
    Afternoon gym bonding with other rich young men he cares about or investigate if they're involved
    Sundown, starts going to the cave and review files

Gala, charity ball, opening event, opera, at... eight to twelve?
    Dinner time, flirting time, schmoozing time.
    Leaves in the middle if there's Bat Signal or police news

When there's no gala or hard cases, and the Robins have school work, reviews them at around ten when they're done

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    Eating cucumber sandwiches all day.
    Eating Catwoman all day?