Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sylarmax View Post
    I don't think they'll pick someone as dwarf as the Logan from canon, but it shouldn't be something similar to Hugh which is the complete opposite of Logan lol, something in between would be fine, it wouldn't be as unappealing as Woverine from the comics, but also not something close to a model like Hugh lol.

Something in between, a person with an average statue neither tall nor very short stays well, Zack Effron for example, physically he gives me Wolverine vibes but with a very average height, he would be fine, just to give an idea.
    My ideal Wolverine would be Tom Hardy. At 5'9" he's not quite short, but definitely not tall and when standing next to taller people will appear quite short. Plus he bulks up quite nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    My ideal Wolverine would be Tom Hardy. At 5'9" he's not quite short, but definitely not tall and when standing next to taller people will appear quite short. Plus he bulks up quite nicely.
    He is also a good option.

He's already kind of tied up as Venom, though. Look into Milo Gibson. He's a relatively unknown actor who's been in a few things, is the right size, has the right look and of all the suggestions I've seen for the role of Logan is my favorite. Plus he's only 30, but could definitely pass for older than that. Which means he could play the role for a good long time. Oh, and he happens to be Mel Gibson's son... but don't hold that against him. I do hope he has Mel's "crazy eyes" and ability to portray rage, though. If so, Kevin Feige and Marvel Studios should sign Milo up for the role tomorrow!

I thought it was a fun interview and I'm looking forward to issue 5 coming out this week.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Weather View Post
    Si Spurrier is amazing and I can't undestand people having problems with this book. He gives very detailed interviews, and I'm so glad for it. It gives us details about what happened and it makes you think.

I'm super excited that this is not the end for him in this Krakoa era, and that the next steps are already planned. I think we'll get new things after Inferno is done.
    It's because he occasionally mentions the idea of things on Krakoa not being perfect, which is unforgivable to some fans

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    It's because he occasionally mentions the idea of things on Krakoa not being perfect, which is unforgivable to some fans
    Just not true. I’ve seen way more people talk about Kurt’s characterization then about imperfections in Krakoa. I hate this narrative that there are pro-Krakoa and anti-Krakoa fans without there being any space for nuance.
    Last edited by Kingdom X; 08-17-2021 at 04:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    He's already kind of tied up as Venom, though. Look into Milo Gibson. He's a relatively unknown actor who's been in a few things, is the right size, has the right look and of all the suggestions I've seen for the role of Logan is my favorite. Plus he's only 30, but could definitely pass for older than that. Which means he could play the role for a good long time. Oh, and he happens to be Mel Gibson's son... but don't hold that against him. I do hope he has Mel's "crazy eyes" and ability to portray rage, though. If so, Kevin Feige and Marvel Studios should sign Milo up for the role tomorrow!
    I'd like to throw Scott Eastwood's name into the mix. He'd need some acting lessons from his pop (Clint) and they'd have to roughen him up as he's a bit too pretty boy for Logan but I can see it working.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    Sigh. He still thinks Kurt is an ordained priest. How long sinch that (idiotic) idea was disposed of? Can anyone remember the issue? My elderly memory is failing me.
    No. No he doesn't you mean. He said he did not see him as religious in an interview about this book. But that opinion doesn't seem to be mirrored in this book.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MYCMTSC View Post
    This was a fantastic interview.

I actually *really* don’t like Way of X, but Spurrier’s mind is a fascinating place. I think I like it better here in prose than in comic form.

Anyway his words and take on Stacy X are inspired.Hope she retains a presence in whatever Kurt is in.
    Uh, not if that involves hitting.

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    No. No he doesn't you mean. He said he did not see him as religious in an interview about this book. But that opinion doesn't seem to be mirrored in this book.
    Quote from this interview.
    As for being a foil for Kurt… sort of. I waffle a lot in interviews about Kurt being such a compelling character because of all his complexities, complications and conflicts. One such internal rough edge, which I think is there on the page but we don’t want to laser-in on too much, is that he’s always been a pretty sex-positive character whilst now also being an ordained Catholic Priest. You and I know there are plenty of sex-positive Catholics, and even plenty of (albeit a little more quietly) sex-positive Catholic ministers, but there’s clearly going to be some friction between instinct and doctrinal duty there.

Fantastic Member Captain Buttocks's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    Quote from this interview.
    As for being a foil for Kurt… sort of. I waffle a lot in interviews about Kurt being such a compelling character because of all his complexities, complications and conflicts. One such internal rough edge, which I think is there on the page but we don’t want to laser-in on too much, is that he’s always been a pretty sex-positive character whilst now also being an ordained Catholic Priest. You and I know there are plenty of sex-positive Catholics, and even plenty of (albeit a little more quietly) sex-positive Catholic ministers, but there’s clearly going to be some friction between instinct and doctrinal duty there.
    Maybe editorial policy is that the entire Austen run is now considered not-canon?

I'd be happy with that. Would have Abyss as a usable character again as another wee bonus.

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Buttocks View Post
    Maybe editorial policy is that the entire Austen run is now considered not-canon?

I'd be happy with that. Would have Abyss as a usable character again as another wee bonus.
    Gracious, talk about the curates egg.

If Austin’s not canon, then Azazel is not canon. Hurrah!
    But it means Kurt’s still a priest, despite continuing to have sexual relationships... Boo!

It was just the way he phrased it, as though it was newly confirmed, which had me scratching my head.