Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Tom Taylor please!
    Last edited by SixSpeedSamurai; 08-09-2021 at 09:08 AM.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

Bendis or Taylor on Batman
    either way Joker is probably going to get cancelled or become a anthology title

Quote Originally Posted by SixSpeedSamurai View Post
    Tom King please!
    Tynion just got sales numbers up again after King managed to tank their flagship title, they are not going to put him back on that book.

Tom King please!
    BLASPHEMY!!!

Away, ye spawn of Marvel!!!!

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Man, this is fantastic news! Hopefully we can get away from stupid "event" storytelling and back to actual good comics.

Extraordinary Member

More likely it'll be more event based storytelling with a worse writer.

Astonishing Member

Tom Taylor please!
    Only if he can stay on Nightwing, too - the last thing that title needs is another aborted direction!

Zdarsky's a good shout, I'd be happy with that.

Otherwise.... Yes, this seems like nice news. I don't enjoy Tynion's work at DC, in the main, so I'm glad he's gone. But he seems a nice guy, so I'm glad he's been offered something impressive and lucrative elsewhere.

I hope Harley will remain in the main Batman title, and that all the new characters won't be dropped and forgotten. I really was beginning to love ghostmaker and his dynamic with Batman and Harley.

Oh yeah Zdarsky is doing stuff at DC, and he loves Batman. I could see him taking over the book, be hilarious for someone to be writing Batman and Daredevil at the same time.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Eye-rolling bajuszbetyár The Invincible Beawulf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Katana500 View Post
    I hope Harley will remain in the main Batman title, and that all the new characters won't be dropped and forgotten. I really was beginning to love ghostmaker and his dynamic with Batman and Harley.
    Well said!

I love Ghost-Maker, Clownhunter & Miracle Molly. I sorta like Gardener as well. Hope to see them after Tynion IV leaves the Batman franchise.
    Last edited by The Invincible Beawulf; 08-09-2021 at 10:09 AM.
    BL and comics fan. 🌈 ----- For those saying BL is "pandering to fujos! Too girly! It's fetishization!!!" --> https://www.fujoshi.info/ (a website with academic resources on Queer Media Studies in Asia and LGBTQIA+ history)

The queer body has been used as a battleground, has been criminalized, ostracized, and many times erased from their own histories. -- Alesha Byrne (University of San Francisco)

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Katana500 View Post
    I'm hoping the opposite, that they all vanish with out a trace and that Alfred just appears with out a word said again about his "death"

Weird for the guy in charge of the Batman side of the comics to exit like this. It looked like he had a vision for the line, even tho it looked a lot like the status quo of the 90s.

He is not my favorite, but i didn't hate his work either. I wish him luck.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

I'm not the biggest fan of Tynion's writing, but he was selling very well. So it will be interesting to see who they get to replace him. I guess it makes sense to jump off Batman and Joker now and focus on his creator own stuff while he is still riding off that bump of being the main Batman writer. When you are the main Batman writer the industry throws awards at you and promotes you a lot, so it makes complete sense to take that promotion and try and focus on creator owned stuff that he would own the right to. Then probably hopes to turn them into TV shows or movies.

I'd guess Bendis, Taylor, or Williamson are the 3 most likely options. Bendis probably would like a Batman run to add to his bedpost. Then Taylor fits that traditional stepping stone of working on smaller Batman titles and then getting put on Batman. Snyder was on Detective and had a critically successful run there before being put on Batman, King was on Grayson and had some other smaller critical successes before being put on Batman, and then Tynion was on Detective before being put on Batman. So Taylor fits that mold. Williamson is doing a lot of DCU stuff so maybe they will want him to be on Batman, but I guess he hasn't written him a lot so it is probably the more unlikely one.

I saw some people asking for Ram V to take over, i wouldn't mind that at all.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    I'm hoping the opposite, that they all vanish with out a trace and that Alfred just appears with out a word said again about his "death"
    Thats just the same old same old. The exact same status quo as always. Its nice having something fresh and new.

Quote Originally Posted by The Invincible Beawulf View Post
    Well said!

I love Ghost-Maker, Clownhunter & Miracle Molly. I sorta like Gardener as well. Hope to see them after Tynion IV leaves the Batman franchise.
    I hope the new writer will continue the stories it would be such a shame for them all to just be dropped right as we were beginning to get to know them.