Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Wow, that's a huge surprise considering Tynion seemed to be the architect of the whole line and this has been the most coherent its been in over a decade. Very curious to see if whoever's next is given the leeway to do their own thing or simply steady the ship going forward.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Punchline is the only one I see sticking around because I definitely see her appearing in outside media now that “anti-hero” Harley has gone mainstream.
    True, although honestly I don't think "anti-hero" Harley has quite struck the chord enough to outtdo the appeal of villain Harley, but I guess if she starts appearing with Joker as frequently as Harley used to it might stick.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I hope it is Bendis and I hope he brings Maleev. Even if you didn’t like his Superman/other DC work, all of his Batman stories so far have been getting positive reception, and Bendis will 100% bring killer artists and focus on classic Batman Rogues. I’d like him to do a proper run on Batman before he is done at DC. If he sucks you’ve got 19 other Batman books to compensate lol.
    I think a Bendis run would be great. I would love a pure crime driven direction similar to his DD run. That said, I can't help but think that he'd be better suited to Green Arrow. I could see Bendis dialogue fitting right in in a GA book. Plus, you could still have that heavy crime angle, too.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Tynion leaving DC is best DC related news I have read this year probably.
    Likewise. Other than the introduction of a few new characters (none of which particularly appealed to me), his run just seemed rather generic. Like he was phoning it in or something.

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    Man, this is fantastic news! Hopefully we can get away from stupid "event" storytelling and back to actual good comics.
    Fingers crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by Claude View Post
    Zdarsky's a good shout, I'd be happy with that.
    Likewise. And would certainly continue the trend of DD and Batman writers crossing over!

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Weird for the guy in charge of the Batman side of the comics to exit like this. It looked like he had a vision for the line, even tho it looked a lot like the status quo of the 90s.
    I think this is the reason why I didn't like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I honestly thought Tynion had a longer run in him with all the stuff he was setting up, but I guess I can't deny the appeal of focusing full-time on creator owned endeavors.
    Maybe this was why it seemed like he was phoning it in to me? Maybe he was just keeping all his good ideas for his own stuff? If that's the case, then good on him, then!
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    I think a Bendis run would be great. I would love a pure crime driven direction similar to his DD run. That said, I can't help but think that he'd be better suited to Green Arrow. I could see Bendis dialogue fitting right in in a GA book. Plus, you could still have that heavy crime angle, too.
    I think he has a better Ollie voice than a Bruce voice.

Not a fan of his run, but I'd rather have him than Bendis.
    Ooh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    I think they've known for a while, maybe a couple of months, since Tynion finishes his run after Fear State finale.
    Hm, didn't Yang also mention something about getting a new big project recently?

Astonishing Member

Agree with those who'd be interested in Bendis, but would rather see him write Green Arrow.

Actually, whatever happened to Mark Waid's return to DC? Talking of Daredevil writers crossing ever, it really felt like he was teetering on the edge of a project or two last year...

Extraordinary Member

Agree with those who'd be interested in Bendis, but would rather see him write Green Arrow.

Actually, whatever happened to Mark Waid's return to DC? Talking of Daredevil writers crossing ever, it really felt like he was teetering on the edge of a project or two last year...
    While I wasn't a huge fan of Waid's DD run, I would be more than willing to give a Waid written Batman book a chance. I did like the way he depicted him in Kingdom Come and during his JLA run.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Astonishing Member

By the way, is Tomasi doing something currently? I would say, in this situation, he would have had a chance, given how quickly it all happened.

He’s hinted he’s working on a Superman project, a sequel to Birthright. He’s mainly done Superman stories in anthologies so far. I don’t see him taking on the main Batman book but we’ll see.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    By the way, is Tomasi doing something currently? I would say, in this situation, he would have had a chance, given how quickly it all happened.
    Tomasi is working under Johns Mad Ghost Image imprint. He won’t get the book, he’s not even at DC anymore.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Hmm.
    Taylor, Bendis and Williamson seem to be the 'likely' options, Yang and Ram V would be interesting though perhaps less likely I suppose. I wonder if Tamaki could be the next choice given the not too distant leap from TEC to Batman.

Astonishing Member

Won't it be too much for Williamson? I wouldn't be surprised, though.

Extraordinary Member

Guess I'll be the guy saying please no Bendis, no Taylor, no Waid, no Williamson, no Tomasi - DC cracked the door open to new talent with Future State, kick the door open DC.

Seems right. Batman accomplished its job at further raising his profile, open opportunities for more owned profit work. This will be more then a year or so on the title. Which is a decent length. This seems like a this is how it’s suppose to go situation.

Extraordinary Member

Creators I'd like to see write Batman (a lot of these aren't realistic choices):

• Ram V
    • Dan Watters
    • Chip Zdarsky
    • Kelly Thompson
    • Brandon Thomas
    • Alex Grecian
    • Tyler Boss
    • Jed Mackay
    • Alex de Campi
    • Si Spurrier